How can I get my 1-year-old to sleep in their own bed?

1 year old won’t sleep in her own bed anymore.My question is why is my 1 year old wanting to sleep with me all of a sudden? She has a play pen right next to my bed and recently has been reaching out to me when it’s time to sleep. I don’t want her in my bed because I’m afraid of rolling on her. Also she’ll be having her own room soon and I would like to know an easy transition back to her own bed. Ty

36 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. How can I get my 1-year-old to sleep in their own bed?

Playpen probably ain’t comfy like your bed.

4 Likes

Lay with her in her room until she falls asleep and then go to your room

2 Likes

Cry it out method it sucks at first but it’s the best thing

9 Likes

Make her a more comfortable setting that she’s excited about, that’s the only thing that works for me. He was looking forward to going to his room in bed every night. Also, if you don’t have a partner, I would say to let her stay in with you but that’s just my personal opinion. It worked for me.

1 Like

Do a floor bed in her room and lay down in there and then leave when she’s asleep

1 Like

Consistency is the key. It might take a few weeks but baby will adjust back to sleeping in their own space. Otherwise you might be stuck with them in your bed for the next 12 years. At any age they will be upset and cry. You just have to stand firm. Maybe try to tire them out really good 2 hours before bed time, give them a nice bath and back rub so they just pass out.

Children tend to want to be close to their parents from birth to 3 years old

2 Likes

It is biologically normal. It is 100% normal for humans, as mammals, to want to sleep with their families.
Our closest mammal relatives, apes, sleep as a family.
She is still a baby and requires the need and comfort of her mama.
You can try a mattress in your room, on the floor and lay with her till she falls asleep.

My 3yo and 6yo still sleep with me. My 6yo will honestly tell me he doesn’t want or like to sleep alone, which I understand.

9 Likes

Play pens aren’t comfortable for one. Another reason could be that she just craves the comfort. Adults like to sleep with their S/O why do expect children not to feel the same

4 Likes

The playpen isn’t comfortable for her probably. Also around that age they like to be snuggled with their mom. Also if you can bare it do the cry out method that’s what I did and it was hard but it worked. You can put her in her bed and give hugs and kisses then leave and if she gets out of bed you take her back then sit away from her bed and have your back turned away from her and sit there till she falls asleep and if she gets out of bed keep putting her back in it without saying anything and repeat the process until she falls asleep even if it’s in the middle of the night too. Consistency is key

She’s learned that your bed is comfier. I suggest moving her into her own room and doing a twin floor bed so it’s a comfier mattress and then if needed you can lay with her while she falls asleep. When you first show her her own room and new bed be very excited about it and don’t let her hear or see you have any worry. Stay very consistent that she’s sleeping in her room every night or she will keep throwing a fit about it because she will see that eventually you will give in. The first few days will be long and rough but if you stay consistent it will get better.

1 Like

Have you ever put him on his own bed. Why have a bed if you ain’t putting him in it.

Put the play pen in his room and put him in it.

She or he wants comfort they are still a baby…no child of mine has gone into there own room at such a early age…far to soon in my own personal view…I WANT to make sure myself they are okay before I go to sleep…comfort is all that they need.

2 Likes

Your bed is probably more comfortable than the play pen…Maybe put some padding under a sheet on the play pen bottom…a blanket or comforter underneath the sheet.

2 Likes

They make these awesome things called play pens and bassinets… Put one next to your bed so you won’t roll on her,. Or put her in her bed once she’s asleep… Follow me for more obvious advice

1 Like

Never let the baby in your bed.

2 Likes

My kid is 3 and still won’t stay all night in his own room… But I also have never once rolled on him

2 Likes

Rolling is a legitimate concern. I use a sound machine with my 10-month-old and it’s helped a lot with adding to his bedtime routine of sleeping in his own bed. You might have to play around with a few approaches to get her back on track. Good luck to you!

1 Like

Good account manager like Mrs Olgusya Gribova, thank you, God will bless you , your family and also your company for the successful payout, and you prove yourself a woman of truthful and integrity. Once again i really appreciate your good company as well. You can contact her via her Facebook name below for your successful trade.
:point_down::point_down::point_down:

It sounds like your little one is going through a regression of some sort. Your concern of rolling on your kiddo is completely valid and a lot of others feel the same way. My daughter will be two in September and that was my biggest fear. I don’t trust co-sleeping in any way either. If my boyfriend or I stay in our daughters room waiting for her to go to bed, she absolutely will not fall asleep. I would just comfort her, let her know it’s time for bed, you love her, and give her a hug + kiss. If you are going in and out of your bedroom during bedtime, that could also not be very beneficial because she sees you and just wants you. When you transition her to her own room, it’s a bit of a transition in itself and if you just stay consistent, it will work itself out :two_hearts: Don’t worry mama… this won’t last forever

My friends daughter is 5 sleeping in there bed, shes hyperactive and still does stop talking at midnight I would get it sorted now if I were u lol

Be patient with her!! This to shall pass!!

I have a sound machine/nightlight and a memory foam mattress pad she’ll wake up once or twice at night but goes back when I sit with her

So she’s going to have a room soon I would suggest that you oriented her to her bedroom and that could include you taking time to sleep in that room with her so that she feels safe it’s hard sometimes to break a child from the family bed but it can be done just be patient and persistent God bless you

It’s a stage where they want you more

Don’t pick her up when she reaches out for you… consistently lay her back down, pat her back and tell her no, she sleeps there. Same thing for when it comes to her own room… you will need to continuously put her back in her bedroom until she understands that you’re not giving in

9 Likes

My son slept with me till about 3 & was an easy transition. My daughter is four & wont leave my bed. Nor will I make her. It’s a comfort to her.

7 Likes

My son is 6 going on 7 and still sleeps with me. Wouldn’t have it any other way…

5 Likes

Because you let the baby sleep with you.

1 Like

Playpens are not comfy. Your bed is.

5 Likes

My daughter had her son sleeping in his own room as soon as he came home from the hospital. She had a baby monitor next to her bed and could hear every little sound in the room. She got him a musical seahorse and he slept with that forever. When the seahorse wore out, she bought a sound machine that played steady rain sounds, babbling brook, and mother’s heartbeat. The baby liked the mothers heartbeat one best. So she would play that for nap time and nighttime. Worked well. It could be you will need a soother like that for your little girl.

Are you pregnant by chance? Babies can feel that and can become clingy and jealous

5 Likes

Oh I have this problem and mines 8
The bed is getting to small for us 3 now.
I dunno what to do ,but do know it will be that last night soon and I’ll probably miss it then idk🤷‍♀️

1 Like

If it’s sudden…she might be teething or getting sick. This is the first sign all 3 of my babies give me that they are sick or in distress in some way whether it’s fear or being uncomfortable.

2 Likes

Stay with her until she falls asleep. Read a story. Tell a story. It helps.

That happened to me with my one year-old and it was because he had a bad diaper rash from the diapers that we switched him to and now I’m having a hard time putting him back in bed 

1 Like

Just keep putting them back to bed. No talking, no noise, nothing, just get up each time and put them back

1 Like

you just put her in there :woman_shrugging:t4:

l get paid over $ 175 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $ 21383 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Go to This. https://DollarBenefits966.pages.dev/

Oh honey.

Who’s gonna tell her?