How can I get my 2-year-old to stop biting?

My son was a biter…until he bit me and i bit him back. He never bit again.

21 Likes

I did the bite back. My oldest used to bite really bad so I bit him. Not hard enough to break the skin, but hard enough to hurt. He stopped and reverted back once or twice. But he got the message. I wish you luck

7 Likes

I’d bite him back and say that hurts the puppy

2 Likes

My sister bit her daughter pretty good, and her daughter never bit her again !!

1 Like

I bit my sister until my mother bit me! Never again!

1 Like

https://www.naomialdort.com/toddler/when-toddlers-bite.html

My daughter did that as well once I bit her she stopped

2 Likes

He needs to understand that it really hurts

My daughter bit until her cousin bit her. That stopped her real fast. Thankfully my son never developed the habit.

I bit my son back n he never did it again!

Bite him back or tap his mouth

2 Likes

Only the dog can cure this, just don’t beat when it happens. Hope it’s not a pit!!!

1 Like

I always was told you need to bite your child. They will stop.

2 Likes

Bite them back, it worked for my bittin daughter

Bite him and make it hurt that works.

Omg do I remember those days! My daughter, who just turned 24 was a BAD biter. So I did what my mom did to me when I bit and I bit her back. She thought that was hilarious AND permission that she could do it too!! So at her daycare they had a policy in place. The first time they put you in timeout. The second time they have a conference with your parent. If it continues as it did with my hardheaded kid, then you get suspended from daycare for 3 days. Boy did that not teach her a durn thing!! So if it continued as it did lol then the daycare asks if you want them to try lemon juice. Basically I had to sign a permission form that they could do the lemon juice in her mouth when she bit. Then she started associating the lemon juice which she HATES with biting and she never bit again. It takes a LOT of strength and patience to get through it!!! Good luck!! I know the lemon juice is now considered mean but I don’t care. It worked and there are no lingering effects. I also understand some folks would NEVER do that to their child. That’s fine. That’s certainly their business and not mine. I did to mine. It worked and she’s fine she doesn’t bite lol. In fact she’s a pre med student. So it all turned out fine!

8 Likes

My brother used to lay his head on my leg and then bite down. I grabbed his leg and left teeth arks. You bet that he never bit again.

Mine once bit me left teeth marks and some slob…well…I did the EXACT same thing​:joy::joy: good Lord one one have thought I was trying to eat my child. She hated it…then said sorry mommies I not do it no more…

This may sound bad but it worked. My son had a bad problem with biting. One day while pushing a cart thru Walmart with my son sitting in the cart he decided to bite my hand that was being used to push the cart and dam it it hurt. So I then bit him back. Not hard but enough that he felt it and it hurt. He never did it again. I didn’t even leave any marks. I had it with him biting me. And it worked. He even said to me sorry mommy . It’s like it finally clicked in his brain that shit hurts

I always bit back and after I did firmly yelled “biting hurts!” Sometimes after each time they bit I’d out hot sauce on my finger and tell them every single time that they bite you’re going to get hot sauce unfortunately one of my kids loved it LOL both of my daughters bit! Good luck thankfully the outgrow it once all of their molars are in you also need to tell them to use their words a lot of times when kids bite at that age because they don’t have the words to come across so they just bite

Biting your dogs one day going end badly. Dog only going to put up with it so much till they bite him. Then dog going to get blame for it . Sounds to me he needs a little spanking on the butt.

1 Like

A butt or hand swap?

1 Like

Bite him to show him what it feels like, as quick as you can after he bites. Hard enough but don’t break the skin. I think its sad I had to say that but some people take it literal. Then DON’T go on about it. Bite him hard and fast then be all like what?

Everytime he bites you need to bite him back so he can feel the pain he is causing

Bite them back… quickest way…

If he loves the dogs- keep him away from them and explain to him that biting us unacceptable and he can’t play/touch/etc them until the biting stops

Bite him back. When he bites you or dog- slap that hand - yell no bite - and bite him! Don’t draw blood- but let him know it hurts- he will stop !

My mom washed my mouth out with soap.

1 Like

Bite him back enough to let him know it’s unpleasant

Have you shared this with your child pediatrician?
At times its a tick.
Theres children that bite their shirts, thr walls,pencils.

I had the same issue with my daughter. I asked family, friends and her doctor. They all told me to bite her back, I did not want to do this to my child. Oh my goodness?! And then she bit me and drew blood, reacting to the pain I pushed her away. She slid back on the floor on her diaper butt, got up and ran at me like a freaking zombie to bite me again! I picked her up and bit her back. It was the hardest thing I’ve had to do up til this point. She is 12, and I am proud to day she hasn’t bitten anyone since that day :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: good luck Momma

3 Likes

I firmly bopped my sons nose with my finger whenever hed bite me. It didnt hurt but it surprised him and felt weird and he didnt like it and stopped biting pretty quickly.

I used to watch a lil boy when my kids were little. He started biting my son. The mom said, bite him back. So i did one day, and he quit! Didnt feel good about it, but it worked!

1 Like

Bite your child back, not that hard, but for him to understand it hurts it’s not funny

3 Likes

Following! My daughter is starting to bite. And hit!

My daughter used to bite and the only way she would stop is when I bit her back. Obviously I didn’t leave teeth marks, make her bleed or bite through her skin but enough it was like a pinch and hurt. She stopped biting after a few times. I tried everything and I mean everything and that unfortuntly was the one and only thing that worked. She also had a very old school doctor who agreed with me…

4 Likes

My 11mo is also a big biter… following :sob:

Bite back. I have 3 kids, now teens, who each had a very short-lived biting phase.

1 Like

He probably teething. Find him something he safe he can bite on.

I use my bite my son if he done it to me. And he stopped after a few goes :joy: worked tho :ok_hand:

Bite her back. Sometimes to teach them it is wrong is to do exactly what they do and let them feel that is not nice.

My sister would bite them if they bit some one.she bite them hard .an she stopped the biting

2 Likes

We tried biting back and our 2 year old doesn’t react to pain(not autistic). He has a high pain tolerance and thinks when you bite him back it’s a game and continues :sob: so I can’t give ANY advice

1 Like

Sometimes to get them to understand what they are doing is to show them. Bite him back and let him know biting isn’t good, but not hard enough to actually hurt him. If you don’t try some kind of intervention he may end up with a dog bite, and that’s not the way anyone would want him to learn.

I let my child bite there own hand everytime they bite something

My daughter would bite arms. I would turn my arm so her arm got in front and she would bite herself. That did not last long after that trick was put in place

Bust that ASS!!! Would you rather he had a red bottom or a disfigured face?? Bc thats what’ll happen when he bites the wrong one!

My son used to bite, literally tried everything but he grew out of it on his own. When he couldn’t communicate and got frustrated is when I noticed he bit or when he was really excited. Since I knew when he was going to bite I started making sure his mouth wasn’t near anyone he could bite.