How can I get my 20-month-old interested in going potty?

hey mamas! any tips on how i get my 20 month old girl interested in going potty in the potty again?! amazingly sbe was all about it at 11 months then stopped… She has to be trained for daycare.

2 Likes

My daughter is 3 and has limited speech and is autistic and I got her a baby shark goes potty book. She likes playing the songs and holding the book while sitting on the toilet. Still has yet to go but it’s progress.

My middle boy was 4. One day we were at my mom’s and all of his cousins was in the basement playing and he wanted to go play. My mom stopped him and told him the kids downstairs all went potty on the toilet they were big kids and only big kids that go on the potty were allowed down there. He was going potty on the toilet within the week lol

I am a daycare provider. I usually introduce the potty at 20mo. Lining them right up with the bigger kids at bathroom breaks. Closer to 2yrs I set timers for every 20 min & we sing the potty song & set on the pot. If they go we do a silly dance & get a special treat. At 2yrs NO PULL UP allowed (only at naptime until they consistently wake up dry). I request parents supply cloth training pants. Usually I’m the one telling parents that they need to potty train on their end & not the other way around. The key is to be consistent.

3 Likes

Bribery will get you everywhere

2 Likes

Stickers on calendar for good jobs. Each time. Gift after a/each week

I feel your pain my grandson is 4 and you can’t even mention potty to him. He tunes you out and changes the subject. The struggle is real!! Good luck!

1 Like

i had a bag of cheap toys and she was allowed to pull out a toy each time she went on the toilet. it worked like a charm!

go shopping see all the pretties she can get when she potties only in the toilet.!!

1 Like

Wait until the kid is ready then he/ she will start going naturally.

Leave the potty out mention it to her then buy pretty pants for her

1 Like

Wait until she’s ready. If you force it, she will not want to train. And I’ll also say to look for a new daycare because any daycare that requires a child less than 2 years old to be potty trained isn’t a daycare to be sending a child to.

5 Likes

Don’t force it. Daycare wants them trained by 2 years old? That’s odd!

1 Like

Man I don’t understand this all my kids under 2 years old or potty trained in at night and that’s including a boy I just don’t understand you got to be consistent you got to be able to stay with it and within two weeks your kids should be potty trained I guess the key is to be consistent and regular underwear for them so when they wet themselves they’re wet