How can I get my 8 year old to stop peeing the bed?

How do you get an 8 year old to stop peeing the bed. No medical issues drinks stopped an hour before bed and have him use the bathroom before bed. Also best way to handle back talk example… please dont break that child- why i dont even care about it. Parent- dont chew on youre sleve child- the shirts a size to big anyways so who cares child stepped on tablet broke it instead of showing any regret says ill ask for one for the next holiday… its always a comment to argue why it doesnt matter

3 Likes

The bed wetting could be something that they have to outgrown and happens only once they go through puberty.
If that’s not the case, There are bed wetting “trainers” that can be purchased and used. It trains the brain. You can talk to a urologist who can help you with this issue.

Buy pull ups and wait it out. Research, it fairly normal for boys to wet the bed. It’s less stress on them and you. Two of our boys just stopped at 11 and 12 when we stopped stressing over it.

1 Like

For the bedwetting look into see an occupational therapist. Many people do not realize that a child who wets the bed sometimes struggles with having the correct muscle strength to control the bladder especially when asleep. My kiddo did it and it made a huge difference.

2 Likes

Sometimes kids have underlying emotional problems which causes them to go into deep sleep and don’t wake up when they have to pee. Most children that have problems stop around 10 years or little older.

1 Like

I could have wrote this my self! Following. But I have a 9 year old girl

Wet bedding is very common, and it’s developmental.

Check the temperature in his room, may be too cold.

Bed wetting, sleeve chewing, attitude, lack of understanding (purely off the comment that the table can be replaced next holiday) would suggest maybe an underlying condition such as asd, add, adhd? Maybe worth speaking to pediatrics about

My son still wets the bed and he will be 8. The doctor had me make sure he uses the potty before bed and If that doesn’t help they have a pill that they prescribe to stop the desire to urinate at night time so I think that’s our next step

Sometimes you need to get them up in the middle of the night to pee. That’s what I did with my kids. As far as being mouthy. Don’t mouth back and don’t give in. Simply say No
And stick to it.

Seems like it’s time to see a psychologist and Seek behavioral therapy

Bed wetting can also be a sign of sexual abuse.

Boys are more likely to wet the bed then girls cause girls mature faster than boys do. Bed wetting has also been linked to behavioral issues also so get your child into therapy of some sort cause something might be bothering him that he isn’t telling you. Make him go to bathroom before bed and get him up multiple times at nighttime to go to the bathroom. Put waterproof mattress protector over stop of mattress.

I would have her tested for diabetes if it’s N every night occurrence.

Can happen until early teen years

Time oug for the talking out and don’t give him any new or old electronics

Get him dri nite pants and leave it at that eventually he will become dry

I had to stop my kids from drinking after 6 pm.