How can I get my baby to fall asleep earlier?

Babies sleep schedule doesnt care about yours lol.

5 Likes

My son has almost the same hours and doing the same thing but my son is 8 months old with two naps

Wait what? Not trying to be rude but why arenโ€™t you sleeping? Babies should AT LEAST be sleeping 12 hours PLUS naps. Some people would be happy with your schedule, Iโ€™m confused

9 Likes

Just start putting him earlier, make gradual transition and create nighttime routine. For example: dinner, bath, putting pyjamas, turn on his star lights, good night, bottle of milk if any, and leave him to sleep. Every night same thing, start at 22, next day 21.30, next 21.00โ€ฆ you need to get to the point so that he sleeps 12 hours a night, its a must for children under 5yrsโ€ฆ

That seams good I have 3 girls and they never slept a lot -still donโ€™t itโ€™s just sone people sleep lots sone donโ€™t

1 Like

11 til 7 is pretty good to be honest thatโ€™s 8 hours at night I wish haha x

1 Like

My son is the same, its the nap but he cant make it past supper without one most days.
If he falls asleep at 6 or 7 he wakes up at 11pm like he just had a napโ€ฆ good times

So the baby goes to bed at 11 and sleeps right through the night and how old

Whatโ€™s the issue here? Your sleep went out the window after you had a baby!! Lol you sleep when baby sleeps! And they are sleeping thru the night whatโ€™s the issue?

4 Likes

If child goes to bed sooner, will probably wake up sooner as well. :woman_shrugging:t3:

2 Likes

Sleeping 11 pm til 7 am is amazing

1 Like

Welcome to parenthood. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Give bub a bath with some lavender baby wash, use lavender moisturiser, put Bub in their bassinet or cot & sing to them or have a musical mobile above the cot.
I find when I do all these my girl will fall asleep really well, sheโ€™s 11 months old and uses a blankey and bottle as her main source of comfort to fall asleep

This group on Facebook has been super helpful!

Be thankful for those 7+ hoursโ€ฆ i got an 11 year old up all nightโ€ฆ survives on 4 hours a night for years now

My kids are in bed by 8 pm every night 11 at night is WAY to late for a baby to go to bed imo. Start waking up at 530 or 6 my kid takes a nap around 11 am for about an hour or 2 and then is up the rest of the day and starts winding down for bed around 5 or 6 and is in bed by 730 8 sometimes even 630 depending on how tired they are every night. my younger one takes more then one nap a day but still goes to bed by 8 pm every night. And idk how young your little one is but if theyre young enough to need to take multiple naps a day still or if they still wake up in the middle of the night for a feeding and a change sometimes in the morning when you think theyโ€™re awake for the day try feeding them and keeping it dark in the room still like its night time and lay them back down youโ€™ll get another 2 or 3 hours at least for me and keep it a routine, routine is key it becomes a habit and they eventually learn. they might cry the first couple of nights but theyโ€™ll live lol theyโ€™re fed changed happy and in the ac in a comfy bed. It really depends on the age of your baby

1 Like

all these negative comments I swear Iโ€™m sorry that youโ€™re having to go through this but what I did to get my free to sleep through the night is we always started with a bedtime routine no matter what if it could be helped we always started at 7:30 or 8:00 it was a warm bath with the lights turned low or just candlelight and everything was super quiet after that we sang for a little bit calming lullabies we didnโ€™t go hardly above a whisper put them in their pajamas swaddled as they ate their fill up bottle we called it and made sure it was warm and rocked them to bed I got a hour to myself before bed and they got up maybe once or twice. When they were small but we always kept the lights low and had white boise like the tv or radio playing in the background

If your baby sleeps from 11p-7a all the way through. Youโ€™re one Blessed Momma. 8 hours of Sleep is Great. My kids never slept a full 8 hours in their lives.

32 Likes

Every child is different, my first was sleeping 7PM-7am by 6months, now my youngest is 16months and has the same schedule but naps less frequently

1 Like

Ummm, if your baby goes to bed and stays through the night, then wakes up at 7 or 8, your super lucky.

YOU need to go to bed when the baby does.

My kid was up like clockwork at 2am and was wide awake. Not back to bed until early in the am. Then I had to go to work on top of all of that. Mommy needs her rest? Psshhh. Your already getting plenty.

13 Likes

I feed my baby gerber around 7pm and at 8 pm I change his diaper swaddle him and then breast feed him he is asleep by 8:30pm he wakes up a few times in the night to eat but goes right back to sleep around 5am I change his diaper reswaddle him and breast feed him and he doesnโ€™t wake up until 9:30am. I work so my daughter in law goes to my house to take care of him so I donโ€™t have to wake him up early and I have dark out curtains that also helps

Start bed time routine at around 8pm baby will eventually adjust, itโ€™s not a quick fix thing but eventually with consistency baby will start to fall asleep earlier. 11pm is pretty late.

1 Like

Bedtime routine is key! My baby just turned 3 months and will sleep from 830pm-4/5am go down again until 730/8am. Around 730pm we will draw a bath with nighttime baby wash followed by a nighttime calming lotion. He gets swaddled, white noise, and gets a bottle while I rock him. Nightlight as well. Some days gets a sponge bath but itโ€™s same time and same routine. Maybe Iโ€™m just lucky with my baby but Iโ€™ve kept to this routine since he was a few weeks old and he finally has started to sleep longer stretches.

You are one lucky mumma to have a baby that sleeps that longโ€ฆ both mine were max 2 hours, then awake again.
I canโ€™t remember the last time I slept for 8 hoursโ€ฆ sigh how wonderful to get more than 4 hours sleep per night.

1 Like

My 3 year old doesnโ€™t even sleep through the night still. Thatโ€™s amazing that your baby does!
I think trying to maintain a schedule helps. Earlier at night cut off the TV and lights. Make it a very calm and boring atmosphere :joy: it helps! Try to go to sleep at the same time the baby does also. I know it is tempting to stay up, but if you feel like you are not getting enough rest, then this is a necessity for your sanity and to feel good. Even if it is just a few nights a week of going to bed at the same time, that may help refresh you and feel better.

1 Like

Sounds like you need to go to bed the same time he does and enjoy the fact heโ€™s sleeping like that while you can. Havenโ€™t slept 8 hours strait myself in years.

Why are you guys being so judgemental and making it about yourself? She asking for advice not to be told sheโ€™s โ€œluckyโ€ like Iโ€™m sorry you women go through that and perhaps you should be looking through the comments yourself for some advice. Like geez tone it down a little. Thereโ€™s absolutely no need for you to be trying to make her feel greatful. Being a mom is tough, Regardless.

5 Likes

Im with you Angie. Proud Mom is talking about 8-9 hours of sleep. Even if she doesnโ€™t go to bed till 1am she still has 7-8 hours of sleep.

Hahaha my son woke up at 4-5am every single day no matter what for about a year. 7-8 would have been amazing.

That is totally enough sleep for you, sounds like you have an amazing sleeper, feel lucky, quit complaining

9 Likes

My dad took a vibrating motor from something and installed it under the baby bed it but the baby right to sleep

1 Like

He sleeps from 11-7?! Holy! Thatโ€™s a good night sleep for anyone let alone a baby.

7 Likes

I wish my son went to sleep by 11! Heโ€™s usually not asleep till 1-2 in the morning and Iโ€™m up between 6-6:30! Heโ€™s turning 4 tomorrow and has always run on little sleep, even if heโ€™s up when Iโ€™m up, heโ€™s still awake until 1 or 2, sometimes later. Heโ€™s never really been big on naps either, when he was newborn he was, but it didnโ€™t take long and he was sleeping maybe 30 minutes off and on throughout the day! He wakes up once maybe twice STILL. I have insomnia and so does he(I think his is worse). I can run on little sleep, but now that Iโ€™m pregnant, Iโ€™m definitely feeling the lack of sleep! Lol.

Maybe try laying him down earlier? Doesnโ€™t work with my son, but might for you? When my niece and nephew are here, I have to get them in bed before 8 for them to fall asleep by 9:30-10โ€ฆI wish you luck!

Umm 11pm to 7am is 8 hours! How much more sleep do you need? I donโ€™t think Iโ€™ve gotten a full 8 hours of sleep for 25 years.

5 Likes

Wait 48 hoursโ€ฆitโ€™ll change. Baby sleep is never consistent

2 Likes

11-7โ€ฆthatโ€™s 8 hours. How damn long do you want the poor kid to sleep?

Am i the only one that thinks 11 is waaay to late for a child to be falling asleep? She said heโ€™s in daycare so she probably works. Id be tired too if my kids were going to sleep so late

3 Likes

Welcome to parenthood, where sleep is a dream lol :rofl::heart:

From 11pm to 7am?? Need to be thanking Jesus for that js.

3 Likes

Bath him a hour earlier than his usual bedtime.then feed him and see if he wonโ€™t sleep earlier

Sleep when the baby sleeps.

2 Likes

My view is this: you give birth to a child and you change your life to fit that child, you donโ€™t change the child to fit your life.

Some days Iโ€™ll be wiped out and my baby will not sleep until 11pm, some days sheโ€™s wiped out by 8pm. Some days she wakes at 4am, some days she will sleep through til 10.30am. But thatโ€™s okay, because I didnโ€™t give birth to a baby and expect to mould her around my life.

If you really have to, then Iโ€™d suggest introducing a bed time routine around 7pm. Bath, bottle/breast, story and bed. But I wouldnโ€™t expect miracles; baby will do what baby wants. You can get sleep training but itโ€™s not recommended until a certain age (not something I agree with either).

I assume that you work whilst heโ€™s at day care? If notโ€ฆ you could be using that time to rest. Get all the housework / paperwork done from 8.30-lunch time then get some sleep :sleeping:

I do think some of these comments are vile - be nice! My baby sometimes sleeps from 9pm-8am, does that mean I sleep then!? No, because Iโ€™m doing bottles and washing clothes and then having a bath and doing all the things I canโ€™t do whilst baby is awake as a single mum. So I donโ€™t get to sleep for the full 9-8, I probably get 2-8! Jesus, some absolute Judge & Jurors on here. Shh.

3 Likes

Warm bath with sleepy time bath wash. Make sure he is full and burped. Turn off lights and play soft music or white noise!

1 Like

What more do you want? Your baby sleeps from 11:00pm to 7/8 am and youโ€™re asking for more??? Unbelievable๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ

5 Likes

Hello, i want to testify of a great and powerful spell caster my husband left me and the kids for 2 weeks when i called him he didnโ€™t pick up when he came back home the 3rd week he told me he wanted a divorce i was so sad i cried all night he left again i was so lonely the next day i was searching for something online when i found a spell caster called Dr pade okaka who have helped so many people with their problems so i contacted him with my problems he told me it will take 24hrs and my husband will be back to me i did every thing he told me to do and the next day my husband came back kneeling and begging he canceled the divorce we are now happy together Dr okaka can help you too if you want your husband or wife back.
Contact him at: [email protected]
Or WhatsApp him if you need his assistance in your relationship or any other Case. :+234811 598 1627
or his Facebook page: Dr pade okaka

1. Love Spells
  2. Lost Love Spells
  3. Divorce Spells
  4. Marriage Spells
  5. Binding Spell.
  6. Breakup Spells
  7. Banish a past Lover.
    ไฝ ๆš‚ๆ—ถ่ขซ็ฆๆญขไฝฟ็”จๆญคๅŠŸ่ƒฝ

๐ˆ๐ญ ๐ฐ๐š๐ฌ ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐ฅ๐ข๐ค๐ž ๐š ๐ฃ๐จ๐ค๐ž ๐ข๐ง ๐ฃ๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ญ ๐Ÿ“๐๐š๐ฒ๐ฌ ๐ˆ ๐ฐ๐š๐ฌ ๐š๐›๐ฅ๐ž ๐ญ๐จ ๐ฆ๐š๐ค๐ž ๐š ๐ฐ๐ข๐ญ๐ก๐๐ซ๐š๐ฐ๐š๐ฅ ๐จ๐Ÿ $๐Ÿ๐Ÿ“๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ ๐จ๐ง ๐›๐ข๐ง๐š๐ซ๐ฒ ๐›๐ข๐ญ๐œ๐จ๐ข๐ง ๐š๐Ÿ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ข๐ง๐ฏ๐ž๐ฌ๐ญ๐ข๐ง๐  $๐Ÿ‘๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ ๐ญ๐ก๐ซ๐จ๐ฎ๐ ๐ก Mrs Madison lada ๐ฌ๐ญ๐ซ๐š๐ญ๐ž๐ ๐ฒ message her directly ๐ง๐จ๐ฐ ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ ๐ž๐ญ ๐ฌ๐ญ๐š๐ซ๐ญ๐ž๐ she ๐ฌ๐š๐ฏ๐ž ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ฌ๐ž๐œ๐ฎ๐ซ๐ž๐ ๐ญ๐จ ๐ญ๐ซ๐š๐๐ž ๐ฐ๐ข๐ญ๐ก
:point_down::point_down::point_down:

Okay for all these people say YOU need to go to bed when baby does must not realize how damn hard it is to fall asleep the second your child does when 100 things need to be done! Also, unwinding yourself isnโ€™t always easy. You are allowed to want more sleep. Babies are supposed 8-12hrs a night so it sounds like your little is right on track. I would try to get him on a nightly routine that includes the same thing every single night at the same time. But seems heโ€™s only sleeping 8 hours a night understand him going to bed early is going to equal in him waking up earlier and youโ€™re probably going to get less sleep.

๐ˆ๐ญ ๐ฐ๐š๐ฌ ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐ฅ๐ข๐ค๐ž ๐š ๐ฃ๐จ๐ค๐ž ๐ข๐ง ๐ฃ๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ญ ๐Ÿ“๐๐š๐ฒ๐ฌ ๐ˆ ๐ฐ๐š๐ฌ ๐š๐›๐ฅ๐ž ๐ญ๐จ ๐ฆ๐š๐ค๐ž ๐š ๐ฐ๐ข๐ญ๐ก๐๐ซ๐š๐ฐ๐š๐ฅ ๐จ๐Ÿ $๐Ÿ๐Ÿ“๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ ๐จ๐ง ๐›๐ข๐ง๐š๐ซ๐ฒ ๐›๐ข๐ญ๐œ๐จ๐ข๐ง ๐š๐Ÿ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ข๐ง๐ฏ๐ž๐ฌ๐ญ๐ข๐ง๐  $๐Ÿ‘๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ ๐ญ๐ก๐ซ๐จ๐ฎ๐ ๐ก Mrs Madison lada ๐ฌ๐ญ๐ซ๐š๐ญ๐ž๐ ๐ฒ message her directly ๐ง๐จ๐ฐ ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ ๐ž๐ญ ๐ฌ๐ญ๐š๐ซ๐ญ๐ž๐ she ๐ฌ๐š๐ฏ๐ž ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ฌ๐ž๐œ๐ฎ๐ซ๐ž๐ ๐ญ๐จ ๐ญ๐ซ๐š๐๐ž ๐ฐ๐ข๐ญ๐ก
:point_down::point_down::point_down:

1st time mom? Nap/sleep when s/he does, and save chores for later onโ€ฆ Hr nap or Put him on a sleep schedule, or youโ€™ll lose your marblesโ€ฆ like what are you doing with your spare time? How old is the child? For me, chores donโ€™t take that long; cooking is 1-2 hrs and dishes, sweeping, moppingโ€”not a long time, I knock that shit out within the hour and a half, and thatโ€™s being thoroughโ€ฆ my son is sleep trained now so he goes to bed at 8:30 and heโ€™s 4, my daughter follows after and sheโ€™s 9mos. Freshly Powdered Diaper (daughter) Warm Bath, Bottle and Lavender Baby Lotion work wonders cuz they both knock out immediately

It depends on how old your baby is I am no expert whereโ€™s my oldest it was stories and bedtime rocking to sleep laying down until he fell asleep and just being consistent very time-consuming my daughter when she got to a certain age because she was always an early bedtime girl she would go to bed she would sleep you know she would wake up for whatever feeding in the middle of the night if she needed it and why she got through that and she would sleep we did do the cry it out for two of them I did not like that gave me anxiety bad so I turn off all the lights in my house at about 6:00 yeah I know itโ€™s early but times and a little hanging out and then we all lay down together on the couch if I have the baby then sometimes I feed him in bed until he falls asleep sometimes I feed him in the chair or on the couch laying in a snuggle puddle. I have heard of sleep training I do not know how to do that so I cannot offer advice my husband is pretty experienced in that but again I would rather hold my babies just never with them. To be honest if youโ€™re just that tired if you canโ€™t cut the nap out at about 8:00 and take them into your bed and lay down lights off no noise no nothing or you might just have to do a half hour earlier each night until he gets used to it

God people are so bitchy!!! she asking a question not for your rudeness.

Routine is what a baby/child needs and wants, so you child as fallen into this routine which is good as it shows that your child is use to and needs a routine, so to change it you need to maybe take out the nap (if possible as heโ€™s in daycare) then you do everything you normally do before bed (bath/food/calm time/stories) whatever you normally do and just do it earlier, I done this with mine took 1 week for her to adjust and now she goes to bed at 6pm and is sleeping but 7pm mite wake once or twice during the night (juice or just a cuddle) then gets up anytime from 8am to 9am she two and a half and weโ€™ve done this since she was 10months old, I totally get you need time to relax and just time for yourself so ignore the best motherโ€™s in the world comments :roll_eyes: and do whatโ€™s best for you and your child, good luck xx

2 Likes

Bedtime soaps in the tub (usually a lavender scent) with a gentle massage with bedtime lotion in a dimly lit room. Soft voices and low stimulation. White noise or womb sounds played medium volume. Trailing your pinkie slowly down the forehead between the eyes and off the end of the nose while softly singing.

Sounds like u need to grow up your baby is sleeping 8 to 9 hours a night. Canโ€™t lay in bed all day when u have a kid so my advise is GROW UP

9 Likes

Feed your baby baby cereal or put it in his bottle it will keep him content and he will sleep longer .

1 Like

Welcome to motherhood.

1 Like

That schedule is my schedule what she posted thatโ€™s school age.but when my middle was a baby I had no sleep and baby was falling asleep when needed to get up at that time .but wasnโ€™t sleeping then i was working no sleep or an hr if was lucky. Sounds like she getting enough sleep to me

Give bath at night around 7or 8 pm bed 9 if earlier .but schedule is good sofar have

Embrace it girl, youโ€™re tired now but I promise youโ€™ll miss this time when heโ€™s older

1 Like

Some people shouldnโ€™t have kids.

1 Like

Try and change his routine and put him to bed earlyโ€ฆit will take some time probably a few days for him to get used to it but itโ€™s all worth it :heart_eyes: โ€ฆdonโ€™t worry you are doing your best :heart:

Girl i would be happy with that ! I canโ€™t get mine to sleep thru the night but very rarely โ€ฆ appreciate the sleep u are getting lbvs

1 Like

Breastfed and sleeps up to 9 hours a night? You blessed :raised_hands:t2:

7 Likes

This sounds awesome I wish my baby was on this schedule the 3am wakeups get old

4 Likes

Bath,and cereal in bottle

I use the moshi app tells a bedtime story with relaxing music my baby has slept through the night since 5 months old and now sheโ€™s 1 she sleeps 7pm-7/8 am. Now as soon as it goes on sheโ€™s asleep within 10 mins.

Iโ€™d say thatโ€™s a good sleep, mine are always up at like half 6/7 and they go to bed around half 8/9

If he goes to sleep earlier heโ€™s just going to wake up earlier :woman_facepalming:t2::woman_facepalming:t2:

1 Like

He sounds overly tired. Iโ€™m not sure what his age is, but I highly recommend an earlier bedtime. My LO sleeps 8pm - 7am most days. Bedtime routine is so essential. No stimulation like TV close to bed. Try checking out Taking Cara Babies she is so helpful!

1 Like

Depends on how old the baby is? Different ages require different amounts of sleep.

Sounds like your right on track for what is considered normalโ€ฆ

Idk if you feed you baby before they go to sleep, or have a noise machine or give a warm bath beforehand but for me I had to get a bed schedule going for her. She started waking up at least once a night but now will sleep thru the night.

Honestly, I think thatโ€™s great! Not sure what you expect from this little person๐Ÿค”

Most of you have w amazing ideas and things that worked for you. Thatโ€™s awesome! My question isโ€ฆ where do you get one of those babies? Lol jkโ€ฆ my daughyer is 7 years old and I havenโ€™t had more than 6 hours of sleep at one time since before I was pregnant.

1 Like

If he goes to daycare, he sleeps longer then a hour, they tell you that.

1 Like

1L of Panado a day๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿพโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿพโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿพโ€โ™‚๏ธ