How can I get my baby to stop sleeping face down?

So my baby is currently 6 months old and can roll on her own from back to stomach. But not stomach to back yet. (2 months premature) She absolutely loves to sleep on her stomach but with her face down. Sometimes she will move it to the side on her own. She does sleep in the same room as me in her own bed. But I worry I might sleep too long without waking up to check on her (she sleeps all night long without waking up). How can I help her not to sleep face down? Is it even safe for her to be sleeping on her stomach yet? How can I help this and avoid something bad happening?

1 Like

As long as she can move her head from side to side she will be fine.
My son loves sleeping on his stomach and it scares me (bc they tell u all the time in the past they shouldn’t sleep that way) but he’s comfy.

My son was the exact same. I turned his head to the side eventually he learned to not sleep face down. 9 months now still sleeps on his stomach but always turns his head on his own

My son’s pediatrician told me that if they can roll, then them sleeping on their stomach is absolutely fine.

If she can roll easily then she should be fine.

But for peace of mine you could buy one of those foot monitors that will set off an alarm on your phone just in case.