How can I get my child to stop climbing out of their crib?

Can’t- better baby proof the bedroom and get a gate. Convert the crib into a toddler bed so your little person doesn’t get hurt

My daughter climbed out of her crib at 17 months and we put her in a double bed with side rails. Completely skipped the toddler bed… I wanted to be able to lay down with her and I didn’t want another transition. She was perfectly fine.

Time for a toddler bed. My daughter started climbing out of hers at about 18 months. She will be 2 this September. She is a climber of everything. We do have one of the nice door gates for her room that she can’t get over unless she has something to step on. Which at least keeps her contained to her room when we are trying to get her down for the night. Also so she doesnt wake up in the morning and get into everything

At this point it is time for a big boy or girl bed that’s them telling you that and its gonna be a lot of them getting out you putting them back in but it is safer and they eventually get used to it good luck momma

3 Likes

Cribs are for infants - not 2 year-olds. Buy a bed.

2 Likes

I used a harness for naps. I needed the nap! He happily entertained himself for an hour.

1 Like

Put them in a toddler bed, or move crib mattress to the floor. So if they roll off they won’t get hurt.

Put them in a bed so they won’t get hurt !! Good Luck!

1 Like

My son walked at 7 months, it was all over then. He’s 25 and still doesn’t stop moving. Lol

Toddler beds are a waste of time …get a twin bed and guard rail then they have room to play in it with stuffed animals and toys …i never had toddler beds my kids like room…besides it was a big deal for them to go with mommy to pick out there cartoon bedding set …it was the 90s my daughter wanted Little mermaid and my son had Lion King :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

I never used a toddler bed for my 3 kids. A waste. Just get them a regular bed and buy a guard rail.

2 Likes

Time for a bed, they will not stop and will just hurt themselves

3 Likes

Get it in a regular bed!! can’t keep them babies forever!!

I say time for a bed too. But only use it for naps and sleeping. No playing on the bed. Teach them to make it in the morning too. Good luck.

Take the crib away. Put him in a bed. He is telling you that he is ready.

1 Like

Put theside down and let them climb out. I moved them into a regular tein bed against the wall with a side rail. This worked for 3 active boys

You get a toddler bed and teach them to stay in it. Barring that, they make a crib tent you can order online that will literally cage your kid in the crib.

5 Likes

OR throw the mattress on the the floor until you can get a big kid bed.

4 Likes

Needs to be out of the crib when they start to climb out

Put mattress on the floor until you can safely put in toddler bed

In my experiences you can’t…time to upgrade to bed.

Get them a big bed. It’s time to retire the crib

2 Likes

Put him in a big boy bed with guard rails.

Yep. When they start getting out of the crib, time for a regular bed.

Not gonna happen. Time for a big kid bed

You cant kids climb, get them a toddler bed.

1 Like

Mine never quit time for a toddler bed

You can’t. It’s over, get a toddler bed.

Put him on a toddler bed

You child is ready for a bed!

1 Like

Time for a toddler bed

Time for a regular bed

Time for the big bed

Time for a toddler bed.

Put them in a toddler bed. Duh…lol.

Time for a toddler bed :sleeping_bed:

Time to get them a new bed

Get them transitioned to toddler bed

Get them a toddler bed.

Time for a toddler bed

Make it a toddler bed

Tell him there’s a monster under the crib. Just kidding. LOL

Once they climb out its time for a toddler bed.

Put them in a toddler bed before they hurt themselves

Put them in a toddler bed :woman_shrugging:t3:

Don’t put him in it …

The child is two, try a bed they learn early to put themselves into bed and get themselves up to actually learn to use the toilet too

Plywood cinder blocks and the crib mattress

We put the mattress on the floor inside the crib but it could slide out from under so we added an extra board around the bottom.

Also make sure there’s nothing near the bed that they can use to climb out. I put some toys next to her bed and she kept using them to step on to help her climb out

Time for twin bed with guard rail. As soon as my son climbed out of his crib at 7 months he went into a twin bed. Blankets on floor around ends for a few nights and little sleep for me but he never fell out of bed.

Its Time for a toddler bed

Dont waste your money get a twin

Drop the side so he won’t get hurt