How Can I Get My Child to Take Her Medicine?

You should ask the doctor if he can prescribe supossitories.

That’s a great idea give your child a suppository while he or she is sleeping No. How would you like something stuck up your ass while you were sleeping I’m just saying LOL

1 Like

If it’s liquid, mix with chocolate syrup, I then suck it up in syringe and give

How old?! They make a pacifier that has a syringe that goes into it to dispense the medicine!!

You will have to be strong and not back down. Put the medicine in the dropper, put as far back into the side of her cheek as you can and squirt it out quickly. It will force her to swallow. Its important for atleast the first week that she gets that medicine. If not, you the narcotic that should have been given to you through the night which should hold her over till morning. Been there with my son. Its hard. Its exhausting. But you can get through it

Can you bribe her with a treat after like a marshmallow or some lemonade which you can add water too which makes the bubbles not as bad? And don’t wake for medicine if its pain relief just deal with it when she wakes up

My kid (9) still hates taking medicine. If it’s liquid, we’ve had luck mixing with chocolate syrup or coffee creamer. Best of luck to you. I know how frustrating it is.

The medicine they gave me after my tonsils were out burned really badly in my throat so I stopped taking it. Could be the case for her too.

We by this chocolate creamer stuff and mix meds in it. It helps a lot. The only way my kids will take nasty meds.

Yes my son was the worst at taking medicine… he got so sick had to get him the suppository to help him … when he got a bit older we explained how he either gets his medicine in his tummy or his bum … he very quickly chose the tummy option . . It was funny to a point when the box had a picture of a baby bumble bee … he would always say I DONT WANT THE STINGER !!! he Takeshi medicine now normal … just have to give him a drink after to help wash it down …

My daughter used to do that until I found out she was afraid of injection , so if she doesn’t want medicine , I will just take my fone and pretend like am talking to her doc telling him she doesn’t want to take her meds so am gonna come with her for the injection and she will be like no mummy I will take the meds