How can I get my fiances kids to like me?

I wasted 6 years with a dude with disrespectful kids. They made my life a living hell. Run while you can. Trust me

2 Likes

either he sorts his kids out or you go - you are worth more than putting up with all that cr*p

5 Likes

Need more details…whose who kids…and ages…maybe it’s not his kids but his baby momma that’s saying negative stuff about you and making them be the way they are

1 Like

There’s nothing you can do. These kids are self centered and think of nothing but themselves. Do these rude kids live with you? Being rude to me is one thing , but being rude to my children is another thing entirely. What is your husband doing when these kids are being disrespectful to you? Somebody somewhere has coached these kids on this behavior.

Kids come first. even before YOU.

Try family counseling for everyone and see if you fiancé can step up and help. It’s a big deal forcing relationships on kids so it should be something that you are all trying to work on.

1 Like

Why the hell isn’t your fiance standing up for you and your children? After 6 year’s it’s OBVIOUS it’s time for you to leave, you should have left long ago

Is their mom in the picture? Do you gals get along? Try building a friendship with her, and showing the kids and her that you’re not there to ruin their lives.

1 Like

If he can’t get his kids in check, how do you expect your future to be? He lets them disrespect you because if he did anything legit about it, they wouldn’t be. Possibly their birth mom trashing you behind the scenes. Regardless, not something I’d deal with. If he can’t step up and get this fixed he doesn’t deserve to marry you

2 Likes

You should do nothing.

Your partner, on the other hand, needs to teach his children some manners and call them on their behaviour!

3 Likes

Remember if you marry in to that, it most likely will get worse. Don’t allow your kids to be done that way. Why are you settling for this guys " less than his best"? If God isn’t in it, it won’t last. I’d find someone with better values. He is most likely marrying you so you can deal with his kids… Obviously he is not dealing with the problem. They all see that you are putting up with it. Girl you got to put your foot in it…

1 Like

Kids tend to play their parents like a fine stringed instrument especially when they are all not on the same page. If his kids mother is involved, try to dialogue with her to form a boundary all the kids don’t cross. If all of you bind together and have boundaries it could work. But not if Mr. Is not willing to take up for you.

1 Like

All of you go see a therapist

1 Like

I have been in this situation…you must tell the boyfriend to correct it or you will have to take your kids and leave the relationship befor the bad behavior ruins your kids and thier future…your kids are your priority here…them and thier future, and thier future depends on how they act…so demand he correct it or remove your self and your kids…dont let it bleed into your life…if he values you and his relationship with you…he will fix it

1 Like

If this guy doesn’t get his kids online, they most likely are not showing respect to other adults either but the dad should be able to get those kids in line with rules. Or…we know kids get in trouble later on…

Always put your kids first he has to check his kids if they are rude.If not leave.

Take your kids and leave…They do not deserve that. They would be much happier"

If your fiancée of 6 years (long time for this behavior to go on) doesn’t step up and correct his children when they disrespect you, he’s failing you as a partner. If he’s not willing to sit his children down and tell them the rules and that they will respect you as well as him, then I’d say cut ties hun. 6 years is a very long time to just walk away from but at the end of they day, do you want to continue another 6 years living like you are now? With the disrespect and such…

2 Likes

Why isn’t your fiancé laying down the law to his kids???

Stop trying so hard….they will be ok

1 Like

Never going to change. Dump his ass.