How can I get my toddler to eat more veggies?

How can I get my toddler to eat more veggies? she dislikes everything ugh

3 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. How can I get my toddler to eat more veggies?

We blend into our spaghetti sauce smoothie etc

4 Likes

I made homemade popsicles.
Blend fruits and veggies together with your favorite milk or water, & pour into the molds. Sugar is optional.

Works like a charm!

1 Like

My son has always been suuuuuper picky, so to get him to try broccoli when he was 2 cause we called it baby trees and laughed together about him eating a tiny tree. He’s gonna be 11 next month and he still eats broccoli every day! :rofl:

I always added butter to my kids veggies it worked!

3 Likes

If she likes macaron try this one. Can’t tell the difference. Smoothies

1 Like

No thank you bites:
Make at least 1 thing they will eat for sure. They have to take at least 1 bite of everything and can say no thank you to 1 item. They have to eat everything else. Then they get a reward: extra tablet time, ice cream, cookies…

My used to be picky eaters now eat almost everything.

Cover it in CHEESSEEEEEEE :sweat_smile::joy::joy:

But for real. Just keep cooking the vegetables in different ways. Let them explore at their own pace as well! I know it’s irritating, but a lot of kids learn about their foods by playing with it, so let them get messy! :black_heart:

2 Likes

My son is 8 and I still cant get him to eat any veggie some fruits I have to buy stuff like the best paw crackers that says veggie and fruit take it oit of the package just so he dont see what it says and stick it into a container for his lunch

I blend them into sauces. It’s how I get my husband to eat them too :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I straight up put baby food into different stuff. Hide em.

Cut them up really small and hide in food.
Put into smoothies.

Seasoning, hide in pasta/pizza, lots of cheese lol

1 Like

Get food already prepped with hidden veggies. Like chicken nuggets, make smoothies with feuits and veggies, have her drink the v8 splash juice that has fruits and veggies, veggie straws/chips, make spaghetti with spinach or red lentil or chickpea pasta. Tons of different ideas out there…google or pinterest.

Pouches with hidden veggies or Dino nuggets with the veggies is what I’ve had to do. Apple and spinach pouches for iron up keep.

2 Likes

Hide them in sauces and stuff, I make little stories for my son (dino nugs with broccoli as trees, mash potato volcano etc), my daughter likes butter over hers or another thing is to make things like honey carrots (just put honey in water to cook carrot in micro). Something my mum did to me to eat vegies was cauli/broc with a bit of mayo under them then a cheese sauce over the top. You can even do potato bakes with sweet potato along with normal potato, put vegies into things like curried mince/stews and they can break down into the sauce a bit.

Sneak them in things like pasta sauces, pizza etc… Veggies blend well into a sauce!

1 Like

Sneak them into food.
Or alternatively, you can try rewarding her for trying veggies.

2 Likes

Mashed veggies with butter and tiny bit of vegemite.
No treats unless meal is eaten. Who is the adult in control.?

4 Likes

Something I’ve learned through my 2 decades of parenting is that adults set the tone for what the child likes it doesn’t. My family is vegetarian. If my kids didn’t eat vegetables they’d starve. I’ve never had to make them eat veggies or disguise them. It’s just what it was. They don’t know any difference. BUT adults often make a big deal out of it. My aunt took my 2yo to the store & let him pick anything he wanted. He chose broccoli. She critised him & told him he could pick out “something good” instead. That implies that broccoli is t good. If I had a dollar for everytime an adult made a comment like “how do you get them to eat that?”, “I’m surprised your kids eat vegetables”, “it’s great you eat vegetables” etc I’d be rich. Those statements tell a child it’s weird to eat veggies, there’s something strange, different about them. Kids don’t want to be different. Put it on her plate, let her see you eat it, don’t make a big deal out of it. She’ll see it as normal. She won’t know any difference.

Trick her. Make smoothies. Make popsicles…