How can I get my toddler to stay asleep?

my son will be 2 in Feb. He has been going to sleep so great by himself up until recently. I’ve never had a problem with him going to sleep on his own. but lately he will NOT go to sleep on his own. i will put him to sleep and leave and he’s at the door banging on it and crying… idk what to do?? any advice ???

2 Likes

I sat inside his room and just prayed the rosary always works best of luck

Let him sleep in bed with you…or move his bed or cot into your bedroom…he will soon want his own room…I done this with my 4 boys…I put a telly in thier room and let them watch it till they fall asleep :sleeping: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::england:

Put some toys in his room and allow him to play until he takes himself to bed.

Both my older kids kid that and I just laid with them or had them sleep with me. My youngest is 2 and she’s slept with me every night of her life. She will go to sleep at 6:30 and sleep until around 6. If she wakes up just just touches my arm or pops her head up to see if I’m laying there then goes back to sleep. It’s also just me and the kids though so that’s probly not something most can or want to do. Maybe try a toddler bed in your room for a bit then transition back to his own room. :woman_shrugging:

Lay in bed with him until he falls asleep. I do that with my 2.5 year old as well as my 4 year old. But me and their daddy are divorced so they live in split homes.

Also, weighted blanket or Snuggie (stuff animal target has) has helped my boys too! Especially my 4yo who is autistic

2 Likes

Imagine being so little in this big world. Learning new things daily & slowly realizing this world isn’t as safe as you once thought. Would you want to put in a dark room alone? Stay with him, cuddle, read, sing. Enjoy him. It goes too fast. Soon he’ll stay in his room & not want mommy. I know it’s clique but you’ll want this back.

My youngest wouldn’t sleep without me until she was 5 years old. I have to lay or be in the room with her.

Nothing. Some kids don’t sleep as good my 3 year old still wakes in the night my girls both slept threw the night since 6 weeks old

If you figure this out let every mom on the planet will be happy

Cuddle with him in bed. He’s been on the planet 2 years. Did it with my 3 older ones and now they’ve slept independently since 3/4. I will with my youngest too

1 Like

Unpopular vote here but he is a BABY . Lay down with him and read to him and he will fall
Asleep. How I wish I could turn back the hands of time and do this again ! They grow up way too fast :dash:

8 Likes

stop giving into him. he knows you’ll give him his way. after a couple of days being firm, he’ll stop.

4 Likes

Stop closing the door,that just causes panic,wait til he’s really tired,lay him down,rub his back,stay until he drifts off,

Lol as my son who woke me up at midnight is now cuddling my feet … when you figure this out please lmk lol

Don’t give in to him he is at the age where he is testing your boundaries. Let him cry all he wants hell eventually wear himself out.
If you give in everytime… you’ll find yourself having to rock him to sleep until he’s much older. Put your foot down.

3 Likes