How can I get my toddler to stop playing with her poop?

have an almost two year old (will be in September) daughter. How I get her to stop playing with her poop? I will pants and a onesie on her but she manages to get her pants off and then grabs the poops from the bottom of her onesie and plays with it. And advise is helpful and wanted! Thank you in advance.

22 Likes

Use footies pajamas and put it on backwards so the zipper is on her back.

1 Like

Take her to her doctor to discuss the issue could be something more going on with that.

2 Likes

Have you tried snapping the onesie over her pants so she can’t get the pants off? It may look funny but unless she can unsnap the onesie it’ll keep her from getting into her diaper.

4 Likes

Make her wash her hands immediately after it happens. This helped us because having to hand wash ruined the fun!

1 Like

Put her on a toliet obviously she needs to go on toliet

10 Likes

My middle child did this constantly couldnt get him to stop for awhile tried many things then he had to get his shots updated and he cried a week abt the shots so next time he did it i told a lil white lie and told him if he didnt stop he would get really sick have to go to the doctor and get a shot he aint done it since then

10 Likes

Id start potty training at that rate.

1 Like

Might be time to potty train

2 Likes

Time to potty train.

2 Likes

Footed sleepers cut the feet out and put it on backwards

3 Likes

Time to begin potty training…

1 Like

First step to finger painting

1 Like

Get her some play doh. It may be a sensory thing and she likes the way it feels in her hands. I would look into getting her a couple of things like that to meet that need and express to her how yucky and dangerous it is to play with poop and instead let’s play with this fun stuff. You could even make cloud doh with her…pinterest!!! Has lots if great ideas to keep those little hands busy doing something more productive. And just keep reinforcing that it is not okay. She is old enough to go to the corner for a minute too when she does it. I suggest establishing a time out tone now so that way she understands with a warming from your tone that what she’s doing something not okay. Almost 2 year olds are smarter than we realize…and sometimes just distracting them with something that is safe is whats needed most. Stimulate her need for something squishy in her hands. Jello, play doh, cooked noodles, water beads, sand, paint…lots of stuff could satisfy her.

My oldest daughter did this and nothing I tried made her stop. So during her next checkup I brought it up with her doctor. Her doctor told me to give her a cold shower after she does it…she literally never did it again after that!

You should be changing her right away so this doesn’t happen it’s does happen but if it’s constant this is a parenting issue not the child she probably wants it off her because she’s uncomfy and doesn’t realize it’s gross and messy ,either you can smell she went or you should know she’s going if she’s hiding definitely needs to be watching her more it’s not her fault

1 Like

Agree watch her better maybe it’s time to introduce her to potty training

1 Like

Watch her better and change her as soon as she gets done going poop. Don’t let her sit in it.

1 Like

Smack that hand tell her its nasty and could get her sick

My daughter did this, she painted her room in it. I cleaned it up the 1st too times, the 3rd time I made her help clean it and she never done it again. I also took her favorite town and we pottytrained. They ade use to it in their diaper so they don’t think its gross anymore. For my daughter, she was ready to train and trained pretty quickly.

Omg my 2 yr old stopped doing this a CPL months ago…thank God!!! He always be bringing me :poop: and dropping it in my lap “here mom, eeew” yes ew indeed… Had to keep pants on him at all times so it was harder for him to take them off to get to the :poop:… He stopped randomly and hasn’t done it since

One of my boys did this at nap time. Regularly. Painted the crib and the walls he could reach. It was every day at nap, no matter how often I checked on him. Luckily right before I was about to lose my mind, he just stopped doing it

1 Like

if the kid it 2 she should be potty training by now I know kids do this at their own time but my kids were potty trained soon after 2 nd birthday You gotta put in the work to do it

1 Like

My kids never did this but the boy I use to nanny for did and when I made him help clean it up he stopped he was about 18 months at the time

2 Likes

Potty train her. If you’re sure that you’re changing her in a very timely manner and she’s just going and then playing with it immediately, then it’s time to train. If she’s doing it immediately then she’s aware of the function/sensation and what it means, and is clearly unwilling to sit in it, so she needs to be trained. If you’re not changing her in a timely manner then of course the answer is you need to clean your child instead of leaving her sit.

4 Likes

Put a safety pin on the back of pants connected to the onesie for that way she can’t get pants off. And maybe try overalls too. Her pajamas put on backwards if they’re zip up but if they’re not just use the safety pin on the backside for she can’t undo the clothes. And make her clean up the mess (obviously with gloves of some sort)

3 Likes

Believe it or not (and I couldn’t at first) my doctor told me they do not think of it as poop or anything bad but since it comes from them, they feel it’s theirs Start training her right away and be very consistent until she learns that it’s something that should “go away” and that’s okay Dont be upset, it’s perfectly normal and it will pass.

2 Likes

A cool bath. Not cold but not warm. Do this after she plays in her poop instead of a warm bath like she’s use to and she will stop. It worked for my daughter.

2 Likes

That is very dangerous, they can get EColi from the poop and become very sick if it is in their hands and then in their mouth.Is there some way you can secure their diaper so they can’t take it off?

Potty train her. She’s more then old enough, she should be close to completely trained by now if not already trained. If she’s taking her diaper off or playing in her poop its way passed time to start.

1 Like

My oldest painted and played in his. Turns out he has autism and it’s common in autism kids. I’m sure there are non autistic kids that do too just putting it out there

Same time daily you said so put the child on potty An talk about the poo with reward. Should work. Child goes same time so use that as potty guide

Good ideas above. Also snap up jammies on backwards. If it’s hot in your house use old ones and cut them into short sleeve capris.

Had three boys they never did this. Do think it’s a sign to potty train for sure.

Maybe she’s ready for potty training this is an age to start

Footed, zip up jammies backwards.

2 Likes

She probably like how it feels. Introduce play doh or home made play doh that you can make

Don’t make a big deal out of it. The more attention you give it the more they want to do it.

1 Like

Get her a toy to play with.

1 Like

Potty train her or change her more ofter

Time to potty train!!!

Start potty training

Put pants on first and then put the onesie over the pants

OMG My joy and happiness has been so much so I just want to testify of what Dr Mamudu has done for me . All hope was gone; I didn’t believe when a friend told me Dr Mamudu can help me get my Boyfriend back and she really did. I just want to thank her so much for helping me in my situation she is a great spell caster. I believe she can help anybody with relationship problems . You can contact her Via inbox her [Drmamudu47@gmail .com] or call/Whatsapp her on +2348143284524

I had 4 kids and never had this problem… I always changed my kids diapers as soon as they pooped. She is probably digging in there cause it itches. If she is constantly doing it then that means you aren’t changing her as often as you should

My neice used to do this in fact a few times she pooped while she was supposed to be napping and proceeded to smear it all over her walls before my sister realized she had woke up and went to get her. I used to have to put my 2nd son in sleeper pajamas with the zipper in the back otherwise he would be naked as a jaybird when I went to get him out of his crib evey morning. Parenting is always an adventure.

Get her some
play dough, she likes the texture of her poop and it’s warmth, give her alternative. Hopefully she will prefer a positive exchange.

Sorry you have this to deal with in a way I’m glad my son is so grossed out by poop and wants nothing to do with it. But that has it’s down side too bc hes hard to potty train!

Your child thinks it belongs to her, well it is part of her, phsycoligists will tell you that. Only way around it change her diapers so she/he can not pull them off. Start potty training her/him no matter how long it takes. And show her/him where it should go, down the pan. Loads of praise will do the trick.

My son did this… but try telling her its yucky or however you tell your baby something is gross. Or say oh no ewy try to get her understand that and let her watch you clean it up and all the while say how nasty it is. Let them in the bathroom when you go (I know some ppl will say thats gross or what ever)but when kids see you go to the bathroom and see you flush your poo she might start to understand that poop goes in the toilet it helped with my son but it might be a battle. Get a potty seat for your toilet not a potty chair cuz that could create more mess. And i agree with starting potty training this might mean shes ready to start and let her flush the poop and say bye bye yuck poop. Once she understands this hopefully she’ll stop. Good luck!

My oldest did this and I finally started to safety pin his clothes on him.

I never knew they did that, I had four children and none ever did that.

Put her sleeper on her backwards.

start potty training her.