How can I get over the fear of leaving my son with a babysitter for the first time?

I need advice from other mothers on going out on a date with your boyfriend/or husband after having a kid. My son is currently four months and my boyfriend, and I haven’t gone out on a date since he’s been born. I don’t trust many people to babysit because he is young, and he’s our first baby. I do want to go out on a date and spend some time alone with my boyfriend, but it’s just hard for me to trust someone to babysit. Our son is also exclusively breastfed, and he hates drinking from the bottle, so I don’t want someone trying to feed him and him just crying his head off and refusing the bottle. I just want some advice on how to get over my fear of leaving him in the hands of someone else or at least be ok for a couple of hours.

6 Likes

I got security cameras and interviewed people and did background checks. Get referrals from people you trust or are just as picky as you

2 Likes

Grandma was/is the only acceptable babysitter. If she isn’t available the baby goes with or have date night at home.

8 Likes

You just have to do it. There is no trick or easy way to do it. Maybe ask a trusted friend or family member to babysit the first few times. That should help to ease your mind a bit. As far as the breast feeding there is no solution other than only going out for a couple of hours times between feedings or maybe taking some time to condition your baby to taking the bottle by giving it to him maybe every other feeding. If you want to go out without the baby you have to do the work to prepare for that.

2 Likes

My son is 7 ½ months old. My mother in law watched him at 2 months while we went to dinner. I pumped a bottle beforehand. Our good friend watched him a couple days ago. I also left milk in the fridge for him if needed. Now that he’s more sturdy I wasn’t as worried.

We have only been on two dates alone since he was born in March. Honestly I don’t mind going out and taking him with us. Outside of family or a really good friend, I couldn’t leave him with a stranger yet. I try to time it right and we go out right after he wakes up from a nap, and we come home before he is set to eat and nap again.

1 Like

Baby has a routine for feeding go out for an hour . Please do you will love it . Couple time is so important and Me time.

1 Like

Go between feedings and leave him with family. Do it now while you just have one lmao i have 5 and my memories reminded me my husband and i went on a alone date over a year ago :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

For a date night where’s you’ll be come an hour or two tops considering you have to be back to feed him. I’d ask friends neighbors for recommendations don’t feel bad for interviewing people you’ll get a gut feeling if you don’t like someone or it you do
If this is gonna be a more regular thing I’d definitely invest in some home security maybe a camera or two in the house, one of those door alarms that notifies your phone if the door is opened.
I’m lucky to have my mother in law who lives 3 blocks over and loves to baby sit but if I had to trust strangers I’d definitely need a camera in my house

1 Like

Only my mum or partners mum were an acceptable baby sitter. If I didn’t have them I wouldn’t leave them with anyone until they could talk and I’d have cameras all over the place. That’s just me though everyone is different x

2 Likes

I wouldn’t have trusted anyone with my 4 month old either.

1 Like

My son wasn’t watched by anyone until he was almost 2 and that was only because I was having my youngest son. The only person I felt comfortable with him being with was my mother. Even though I knew she would take care of him, I still got cameras so I could check in whenever I wanted and see him in real time. It’s hard. If you’re not ready, you’re not ready. Only you can decide when you’re ready and who you feel comfortable with him being with.

I only trusted my mil when my son was about 2 :see_no_evil: my mom was overseas so that wasn’t an option.

Whoever you choose ask that they spend a few hours at your home with you first. That way you feel comfortable they can care for the baby alone for a while. I spent two days with my cousin and her baby before nannying for her for a summer. It made me feel comfortable in her home and I got to ask any questions about routines and how she did things.

1 Like

Pump some milk and go out for gods sake and your own sanity! You’ll be a better mom if you have a chance to miss your kid.

2 Likes

Start with a smaller timeframe, like coffee or grabbing a few groceries that way you can see that everything is ok and build up to a date. (If you need to start smaller have the babysitter come while you are home and get some things done around the house.)

3 Likes

I make sure I’m only out for a few hours and feed her before hand. I always leave a bottle just incase but most of the time I’m back about 15 minutes after she gets hungry and my mom would just let her cry if I was on my way cuz it won’t hurt her. Obviously you have some trust in who ur allowing to watch him. Communication is key if he starts acting hungry have the babysitter txt you find out how far out you are before they offer the bottle. And I’d try offering the bottle when they first show signs not after they are screaming their head off

May introduce bottles to the baby otherwise it wont work unless baby sleeps 3 or 4 hours between feeds.

Do a meet and great with your choice of sitter… plan for a time for her/him to come to your house to watch baby…you and hubby can plan a date night at home…have your sitter care for the baby while the 2 of you enjoy a meal together…if it works out well plan for another night where you and hubby go out for a coffee or something that don’t take very long…ease into it , do what feels best for you… as for feeding not to sure maybe feed baby beforehand and pump just to have some available at home

2 Likes

Why don’t u have the date in ur home or take him to granny or close relatives

You can create a really romantic date night at home. Maybe still get someone to keep baby. You will enjoy the night more knowing baby is right there.

At that age. I trusted grandmas- my mom and his mom and my dad and his dad and my sisters. Then once I found a good babysitter to return back to work, she was amazing and she had a helper with her who would do date night babysitting and I trusted both of them but it was when they were older

I feel you! My son is three and he has still only ever been watched by family members. And no one at all besides me or my husband until he was about 18 months. :woman_shrugging:t2: no regrets though, you don’t get this precious time back.

have your date at home

4 months old? I wouldn’t have left him unless it was absolutely essential.
I had to leave my baby with my mum once as I got an infection in my tooth and I had to go to the dentist. And get the antibiotics. Cos I was I tears from the pain! That’s about it.
If it’s not essential I wouldn’t leave the baby. You’ll only be stressing about the baby the entire time so why bother?
Do a date night at home!

Took me 8 years to let anyone I was related to watch my kids

I am your spell caster. I have decades of experience in telepathic mind reading, white magic spell casting and remote healing. I will work with you to solve your day to day issues, I restore broken relationships/ Marriages. .

I was born with my powers which were further enhanced by highly enlightened teachers. I am here to help you with my experience and gifts. Inbox me today.