How can I get rid of a stubborn diaper rash?

What do all you moms use for stubborn diaper rash? I’ve tried Desitin, A&D, and more frequent baths and diaper changes but nothing seems to be working. Please help!

5 Likes

1tbs desitin
1 tbs A&D ointment
1tbs malocclusion
1 tbs of a tofu glue
(Lotramin)

Athletes foot cream works miracles

1 Like

Brown ya some flour and put it on the area (make sure its good and dry before applying), it really works great! As a mom of 7 this has always been my go to, I honestly don’t think I’ve ever had to buy diaper rash cream!

Aquaphor and Malox mixed together

Aquaphor it works wonders

My daughter had a persistent one ended up being yeast. Had to get a prescription

Make your own. I do and though they rarely have a diaper rash, when they do it goes away pretty fast because it’s tailored to my kids

Air dry. No diaper for a few hours.

CJs Butter. But also if it’s a stubborn rash, I’d see a doctor in case it’s yeast.

1 Like

Bath with baking soda in the water n aloe vera gel from the plant not bottled stuff. Milk of magnesia works well also. Sometimes it is a yeasty rash n may require nystatin cream from the doctor. Peel the aloe n apply the jel/juice from the plant it works wonders. Good luck

Best thing ever - Lotrium (athlete foot cream) cleared my kids rashes right up

2 Likes

Make sure it is a diaper rash and not a yeast rash. That will need medication.

1 Like

Let’s them be naked. I know it sucks but keeping it have moisture all the time is what’s keeping it.! Let it dry out​:smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I swear by Vaseline! I used some on my girls when they were babies and they seldom had diaper rashes. I would put it on after mostly every diaper change.

1 Like

Cornstarch old time remedy. Worked great on my babies in the day and cheap. Make sure you are cleaning bottom in-between.

Mix monistat 7 and A and D cream. It’s a miracle cream

Aquaphor is all that works on our daughter. When our son was a baby, the only thing that worked on him was Dollar Tree diaper cream.

Wound balm. You can get it online or at any farm store. It’s technically for animals but it can be used on humans too. Best I’ve found so far

1 Like

Air dry as much as you can. Mix a thick paste of Vaseline and cornstarch. Lather it over it.

Only thing that helped for us. Unless it was a yeast rash - then we needed nystatin.

1 Like

Wipe with toilet paper coated in vaseline was what my doctor recommended for my daughter. Definitely weird carrying a roll of toilet paper in the diaper bag :joy:

My 1st born had it really bad. We stopped using baby wipes and went to water only with chux wipes. Used corn flour instead of cream. Cleared up within a day or 2…

Blow air. Keep it dry. Nothing on it. (Except the clean diaper of course)

Brown some flour, put a towel under them and leave diaper off preferably when sleeping. Thank me later!!

Mix cornstarch and baby powder always worked on your my kids

1 Like

ive had to use prescription at times got bad and let the but air out have diaper off.

Breast milk.
Air dry well between each change, thin layer of Vaseline, a good brand of diapers, like Coterie Diapers.

We used whatever diaper rash cream, followed by a THICK layer of Calmoseptine and it did wonders!

Could also be the diaper you may want to try a different brand one of my kids could only use Luvs

Buttocks is what I used on my children and it worked amazingly. I believe it’s usually in back with pharmacist

Put flour in a dry hot frying pan and brown… use that it’s a miracle! I usually store a nice amount in a jar.

4 Likes

Eucerian cream red cap tub .

My pharmacist recommended athletes foot creme. It only took overnight to dry it up

1 Like

My baby had a rash and nothing was working until we gave her a baking soda bath let her air dry before putting monistat cream on her then diaper

Air dry and apply Sudocrem.

1 Like

Allow little one to sit in a warm bath just deep enough to cover bum with about half a box of baking soda mixed in. Once they’ve soaked for at least 20 min allow to air dry completely sit them on towels for as long as possible till skin is completely dry then apply a good layer of milk of magnesia liquid antacid. It pulls the acid out and dries up the rash.

Equal parts of each mixed in a container:
Lotrimin
Neosporin
Hydrocortisone cream
Desitin ( or something with zinc)

100% recommend calmoseptine . Found behind the counter at pharmacy’s no need for a prescription. Also make sure it’s not a yeast infection. Those will leave nasty diaper rashes

Remember the neosporin or aquaphor us for raw red rash then when its not raw anymore use desitin the purple tube after that at everu change and to prevent any future rashes, may need to change diapers or i use cheaper diapers during the day so i dont feel as bad using more diapers to helo alleviate any wetness prolonged on the area.

Cornstarch bath n cornstarch!!

When my kids were small, there was a cream called Bayswater diaper rash cream that stuff was a wonderful thing, I only had it for the oldest he is 33 soon

Athlete foot cream is the same if not better then nyastine ( what they prescribe)

1 Like

Might need prescription strength, sounds like a yeast infection

2 Likes

Baby may be allergic to something. I used budreauxs butt paste. ( I know I spelled that wrong) That stuff worked miracles!

Corn starch directly on the rash

1 Like

Triple paste is the only thing that cures my sons raw diaper rash. It comes on so fast idk from what bc his hailer is changed constantlyyyyy. Even when barley wet and I don’t use wipes on his butt unless he’s pooped and the TP Is the only thing that has cured it in one night. W a little powder over top

Pat dry every change, make sure the skin is dry before applying diaper rash cream, if bleeding or raw apply pain relieveing Neosporin untill not raw, again make sure to dry baby thoroughly and apply diaper rash cream after that and should go away after 3 days at most

FRESH AIR
Gently wash, pat dry, and let baby go naked for a while a few times a day
Just be sure to protect surfaces and furniture from accidents with towels or absorbent pads

Coconut oil works wonders
Antibacterial anti fungal antiviral

Are you sure it’s not a yeast infection? Diaper rash creams can make it worse. Call your pediatrician to make sure.

1 Like

Make sure it’s 100% dry then baby powder.

Aquaphor was the only thing to cure my girls’ diaper rashes. Now that they’re a bit older, It’s still our go to for most skin rashes.

Dr. Bourdeux is the only thing that worked for my daughter

If baby’s poop is frothy and watery it could be a food intolerance causing it

My doc gave nystatin for yeast rash. I also used over the counter domeboro powder packets to take away the burning pain away.

Change diapers!!! It’s vary common for babies to be allergic to brands. Like pampers use s lot bleach and perfume:/ my babies butt was almost bleeding! I switched to Aldi brand, it’s all natural and cheap. It’s amazing!

We used charcoal bamboo cloth diapers on my grandchildren when they had bad rashes

Boudreaux butt paste is what helped my little one

Maybe it’s the type of diaper that you’re using to one of make kids was allergic to Huggies

Baby anti monkey butt, powder and cream

My daughter used to get such bad diaper rashes when she was teething. like raw bleeding from the acid when she went number 2. I would give her a bath with baking soda at least once a day, put diaper cream on with a thick layer of Vaseline over it, and then put corn starch over the Vaseline. It usually worked without a few days.

Sometimes it is a yeast infection and a doctor should see it.

If your rash goes away put Vaseline on after the diaper change so it won’t come back

My daughter was allergic to disposable diapers I went to cloth it was a miracle but see the doctor it could be a variety of things

Corn starch with a little water make a paste then rub on the bum.

Boudreaux’s Butt Paste. Works even faster when mixed with monistat.

It’s called aquification cream they have wipes and body wash works wonders

Corn starch baby powder with aloe and vitamin E! Walmart has it but it’s not in the baby section it’s near personal care section.

Crisco…ya know, the one you use for baking? Yah, it works wonders on a rashy bum :woman_shrugging:t4:

Check on line to buy Wool wax Creme, a natural product made in MT

May be fungus. Try athletes foot creme

Beaudrauxs Butt Cream.Most drug stores carry in baby dept

boudreaux’s butt paste works every time for my kiddo.

Pediatrician can recommend cortisone if needed. Talk to pediatrician.

Boudreaux’s butt paste max strength mixed with aquaphor.

I swear by calmoseptine on anything my youngest had diaper rash sooo bad and a little goes a long way.

Air ! Take off diaper lay baby on a towel let her/his skin breathe, do this periodically throughout the day and when diapered use a mix of aquaphor &zinc

My daughter used Butt Cream. Worked very good.

My granddaughter has the same and my daughter was struggling to get rid of diaper rash we stop the juice completely and give her real fruit to eat. Also reduce the acid drink and food it help and thick coat the desitin on every diaper it work really well. Hope this help.

Maybe check with your doctor. Mine had sensitivity we had to change the diapers and get a prescription for. Fucidin. It works quick but you really only want to use it a little

Once the rash is gone. Please use Vaseline everytime you change the bum even if there is no rash. It keeps the acidity of the urine and stool from touching the skin. Like a barrier.
But you have to use it consistently and watch what they eat. I know weirdly munchies like the chips give mine diaper rash even one cheesie (not Hawkins one those are fine. Just the Doritos . So does ice cream

Lots of time without a diaper and cornstarch powder

Butt paste will do it everytime

Sudocream and cornstarch loaded.
And frequent exposure to air. Say after a spiked diaper them then hang out for a few minutes before covering again.

Butt paste the red one it’s amazing

Corn starch.
You don’t need to spend any more money and you have it in your kitchen. You’ll see a major difference next diaper change

Bourdeuxs butt paste was my go to

Ask your ped. It may be yeast infection if it’s not going away, they’ll give you nystatin cream for it. Definitely make an appointment since it hasn’t improved with use of multiple different diaper rash products.

Corn starch. You want to dry the area.