How can I get rid of fleas?

I need help with fleas!! We have treated our dogs. Had terminex treat our house we treated our yard and vehicles with diametacetes earth. And we still have them! I am about to lose my mind over here.

3 Likes

My dogs are on Brevecto (sp?) it kills fleas when they bite them. Yard gets treated twice a year, as well as house perimeter inside and out. Also need to treat baseboard areas by doors. Fleas like to live in wooden crevices. Not only do you need to clean fabric but you also need to clean these hidey holes they like

Tea lights in a bowl of water and dawn dish liquid. It works I promiseđź’ž

1 Like

We had to spray everywhere with Dawn and water. That’s the only thing that got rid of them. On our pets I dip them twice a year with straight Pine Sol then pat them dry. Now no fleas!

Have you talked to your vet?

Mycodex is the best and you can get it off amazon

If you have carpets you can sprinkle salt and it makes the fleas explode

1 Like

Put a bowl of water next to a bright light. It’ll help til the exterminator can help.

They must be worse this year having a hard time getting rid of them

Going thru the same thing treated animals flea bombed house done all the steps n dawn washed animals still have them im at a loss as well…

If you have carpet sprinkle common salt around and it kills the fleas even in the sand outside the fleas die.

There’s a pill to give pets. They don’t live unless they’re on an animal, not including humans. They may bite you but they can’t live on you. Take the animals to the vet for the proper dosing of the pill. It’s expensive but works nearly immediately and continues to work for about 3 months. I have them to my dog and after 24 hours, you could see the fleas jumping off him

2 Likes

Spray around the border of outside of house once in spring and once in fall for them helps them from getting in. Also shampoo carpets inside and treat pets.

There is a product called capstar (can be bought at petsmart, petco, ect) it is a short acting pill that helps to kill the flea cycle. Of course your best option is to get them into the vet and get a product called NextGuard (can be expensive but totally worth it in the long run) which helps kill and repel fleas and ticks. There is also flea powder by Only Natural Pet (available for sure at PetSmart) that you can put directly on your dog (watch for any type of allergic reaction).

Now as others have said, you can use Dawn dish soap for washing the dogs, but remember that it is a grease cutting agent and can actually dry the dogs skin out so if you do use it, make sure to follow up with a conditioner with oatmeal in it to help keep irritation to a minimum.

Questions pertaining to your dog(s) what breed(s), how old, what type of coat do they have (short, long, course,extremely fluffy, ect…) if you want there is options for you to take your dog to a grooming salon (like petsmart) and get a flea and tick bath and/or groom which includes bath with flea and tick shampoo, drying, good brush out and/or hair cut, and flea and tick topical before the pet walks out the door.

Best order of treatment plan is treat the dogs, treat the home and yard. Every year fleas become more and more immune to what products are out. There is also a product called Tempo that you can get from a farm store (atwoods, tractor supply, ect…) that you can use around your home and yard as well.

Get your pets on prescription flea meds. They work. And keep treating house til they are gone. Try all those suggestions people have made for indoors.

If u have pets wash em with Dawn Liquid Soap

2 Likes

Go get old spice swagger body wash. Works really good. Then get sorento flea and tick collar. I get mine from chewy.com and the body wash from dollar store or Walmart. Works really good. My dogs hasn’t had a flea or tick in 3 years when I grabbed the wrong bottle of what I thought was my bottle of pet wash. And your dog or cat will smell so good

You could also sprinkle food grade Diatomaceous earth on your carpets and leave on and vacuum.

Borax all over your carpets and then use a rug dr/scrubber. Vacuum every day. Wash and brush the pets every day. Keep them in the kitchen or some none carpeted room… Good luck