How can I get rid of the smell of pet urine?

How do you get rid of cat/dog pee smell? Also how do you get them to stop using the bathroom in the house? We have a dog door so they have access to going outside. I’m having to mop everyday/every other day. Also what is a good mop to use?

7 Likes

Angry orange is the best I’ve found so far and I have a ton of cats!

Enzyme cleaner. Nothing else will work.

O Cedar mop with the bucket! I got one at Walmart for like $30 I believe and then I use Odoban in the hot water of the mop bucket! It definitely takes the urine smell out! When I first got my second dog she was definitely old enough that she should have been house broken, but she came from a bad situation, she was just used for breeding purposes, she would go potty in the house ALOT. they way we got her to stop was prompting her a lot to go outside to go potty, we’d just say to her “let’s go potty!” Or “potty outside!” And bring her to the door and let her out. We’d do that all day long every like half an hour to hour. It was definitely tidious, but she got the hang of it pretty quickly! And she would get a treat if she did potty outside. Eventually she would tell us when she needed to go out, she will like paw at us or climb all over us and get really ansty and excited to tell us she needs to go out. Hasn’t had an accident in the house in a very long time now! Not even at night time. She sleeps in our room with us and lays in bed all night. Our other dog will roam the house and sometimes sleep in our daughters room, but our girl who had problems sleeps with us always. She will even wake us up at night if she needs to go now, that’s rare but she will do that over going in the house! So a win is a win. Lol.

Be consistent and take them outside to potty.

1 Like

Naturals Miracle spray for cats and dogs will eliminate it completely and they won’t use that area again.

Shaving cream… never thought it would work but it did… cheapest thing n it works

1 Like

It lil pricy depends on what one you want. It works for mop or even a vacuum. Hard or carpet floors.

Vinegar or I used peroxide when we had a new puppy.

I have 2 cats an 2 dogs plus a puppy thats in training stage it works really well. Can add it to laundry anything theres a specific one for floors an a disinfectant that can be used for all sorts of things big jug 1l for 20$ great deal

Unless you replace to the wood floor or carpet, they will always smell if another animal went there before at any time. Mask8ng doesn’t help in the end. It soaks in uderneath unfortunately

1/4 cup of cheapest Vodka you can get in mop water. Also works great for dog bedding and cat urine smell in wash.

3 Likes

Odo ban. I love the lavender one but they do have other scents

you need an enzyme to get the smell our. I et stores have it. Amazon has awesome stuff called bubbas too.
to change where they want to go to the bathroom take a bleach rag, wipe it over their spots. usually pets smell it and say ew I don’t wanna go there.

before you so the cleaning up, the next time they go take a rag or towel and soak up urine, and put that rag in a spot that you want them to go. smelling their own waste stimulates them to go, so the goal hopefully is to get them stimulated outside in your spot of choice. good luck