How can I get the smell of dog pee out of my house?

What can I use to get the smell of dog pee out of my house? We have a puppy who has struggled a little with potty training. Also any tips for potty training appreciated!

6 Likes

I like Bath & Body Works wallflowers strong scents to cover up urine smells while you are working cleaning them.

Odoban. Clean well and I use this in the whole house, furniture, curtains, bedding, etc. We even put in with dog beds when we wash.

There are odor neutralizing sprays that we used when I had a puppy who liked to piddle. I believe it helped the most

My puppy stays indoors… so as soon as he wakes up I take him outside… and give him a treat for doing his business outside… during the course of the day I take him outside for walks or just to bath in the sun and in the process he will mess outside… and I always give him a treat… so he knows if he messes outside he gets rewarded when he does mess inside… gosh I wipe the floor first… then I go over it with a scented soap wash… then again with a detergent… and then I spray the odour neutralizer over it… It’s not easy to keep the smell out but it can be done…

Odoban and some carpet cleaners are made specifically for pets

Vinegar and baking soda, put baking soda down first (in the spot the puppy peed), scrub it in with a brush, then take a spray bottle with vinegar, and spray that spot til it starts foaming. Use a brush to scrub the bubbles in for deep cleaning (circular motion). Then pat dry the spot. This works well for carpet or wood floors. We fostered several puppies and the smell was horrible. A vet tech friend suggested this. It works!!! It also acts as a deterrent to keep them from going potty in that spot again. These two ingredients together neutralize the odor. You can go over it again later with something that smells good, but do this first.

4 Likes

My husky was pretty easy at potty training and everything but my American bully’s are a battle since my house is fenced in all away around I make sure there is a way for them to be able to go out side where I live is safe so I leave my door a lil open and when I see them to start I show there way to the door at night they are outside

As soon as the pup is done doing something, bring them out side and leave them until they use the bathroom.
After a nap? Outside.
Eating? Outside.
Playing? Outside. Etc.

Also helps to crate train them.

Patience. Take them outside often (maybe every 15 or 30 minutes to start) and reward them for doing their business outside. When you feel like they seem to be getting the idea, increase the time in-between going out a little bit and so on. Eventually, they’ll train YOU on their signal that they want to go out.

1 Like

Nature’s miracle urine remover or urine destroyer works great for the pee spots. Then follow up with the pet fresh carpet powder if on carpet.

Hydrogen peroxide works. My dog keeps marking and he’s driving me insane with it

Never mind what I said before, it’s toxic and I’ll try vinegar and baking soda

We have an elderly cat who pees on everything! Nothing had worked for us - vinegar, baking soda, detol, bleach… but what we found HAS WORKED is PEPPERMINT OIL!!

Order pet urine enzyme spray. It’s absolutely the greatest invention ever.

Talking to a friend about this just today.He told me his son has several rentals and when he deep cleans them for new occupancy he sprinkles coffee all over the carpets and leaves it for a couple days before vacuuming takes all those nasty smells away

My pet peed!! Amazon…you won’t be disappointed…follow directions

1 Like

There’s an awesome product called My Pet Peed My Pet Peed - Pet Urine Remover. It works WONDERS!