How can I get the smell of smoke out of my kids clothes?

How do I get cigarette smoke smell out of my kids clothes ? Went to visit family and I can’t get the smell out after 2 washes already

21 Likes

White vinegar and citrus essential oil

Baking soda soak then,add white vinegar to your wash.If you can,hang to dry outside.

Scoop of borax and lots of rinses.

Lysol laundry sanitizer on a rinse cycle.

Soak them in the bathtub with vinegar water over night.

Put some vinegar in the water

Look up on YouTube bathtub clothes soak borax should lead you in the best direction

Maybe you need a new washer or better laundry supplies, like tide pods the one with extra scent control , downy fabric softener, the beads etc.

2 Likes

Vinegar soak then wash with detergent

Vinegar in the fabric softener spot of your washing machine

13 Likes

Add.baking soda to your laundry.

Dont take them around smoke. Lol

2 Likes

Vinegar during the wash w detergent and fabric softener

Put them outside to air out. Wash them first in a body bath lotion like lavender or whatever you have around.

You need to do a laundry strip. If you have a front load you’ll probably need to do this in the tub. The other poster is correct that cigarettes are sticky and if you use dryer sheets or softener of any sort it can make it easier for that to stick to clothes. And sometimes the clothes can be ruined. Don’t do essential oils they don’t mix in the wash and won’t actually rid the smell. You have to remove the molecules. Don’t mix vinegar and baking soda together either. They cancel each other out.

Distilled vinegar will take any bad odor out. Just wash them in the vinegar and dry them, I assure you the clothes will not smell of vinegar after they finish drying

1 Like

Put odoban in the laundry

Borax and vinegar …use serval tide pods extra strength

1 Like

Soak in the tub! Treat it like you are stripping something!

Quite literally vinegar … it’s good for your washer, gentle on clothes and a natural odour killer.

Lysol laundry sanitizer 

Or add vinegar to your wash

Odo ban will usually pull the smell out as it eats orders, can also use the freebreeze based laundry detergent and good dryer sheets also don’t take your children around people who smoke around them for the future…

Vinegar in with your laundry

1 Like

Baking soda and vinegar soak in the tub

I have a friend who owns a laundromat and she says either Lysol or pine sol. Just add it in the wash like normal, still use soap and such. But it helps eliminate odors.

8 Likes

White vinegar in the wash. You can use it as a softener too. Once they are dry, they don’t smell…

3 Likes

Dish soap. Cigarette smoke is sticky and kinda greasy but dish soap will cut through it.

3 Likes

Vinegar in the wash with your normal detergent

There is some stuff called odo-ban. You can add it to your wash. It works pretty good.

12 Likes

Vinegar in the wash cycle.

Add lysol, pinesol,or Mr.Clean to wash

I used baking soda in the 3rd wash when 2 washes didn’t cut it.

I hang outside as long as it isn’t damp, spray with febreeze odor eliminator then wash a long stain wash with tide plus oxy odor eliminator

Firefighters I know use half a bottle of coke and half a box of baking soda (no detergent, fabric softener, etc.) to get the smell of smoke out of their bunker gear. Can’t see why it wouldn’t work for cigarette smoke.

Add white vinegar with your detergent.

Hang them outside when u can

To prevent smoke, you must remove heat, and oxygen supply.
Your childrens clothes wont get smoky any more after a couple hours.

Ugh that’s gross. Hopefully vinegar helps. :face_vomiting::face_vomiting:

Don’t smoke around your kids they won’t smell like smoke

Baking soda Arm and Hammer detergents

1 Like

Dilute vinegar in the machine when you wash them. Then wash them again in soapy water. Put them in the dryer it should be good.

Why would you allow your kids around smokers that are that bad!!! :thinking:

Vinegar,scent beads, and if you still can’t try an odor spray like ozium

Oh good God ur really asking a ridiculous question. ? So here’s the obvious answer…don’t smoke around them …duh

Add OdoBan to your laundry

Sorry not lotion but a bath wash

Put vinegar in the washing machine with the load as well as detergent

Baking soda,vinegar and peroxide.

Why are your kids around smokers?

My dude smokes. We use this but the TIDE brand and it works

1 Like

White vinegar helps!
Also laundry stripping. You’d be amazed at the stuff that comes out of the clothes while stripping them.

1 Like

Arm and hammer odor blast soap and white vinegar

Add a little vinegar to the wash

Cheap Vodka
1/2 cup per wash

Dish soap & fabric softener :blush: always works when you have a camp fire and your clothes smell like fire