How can I go about buying a house?

Make sure you make plenty of money

FHA loans are awsome

Monica Hartman Severt

Got to have good credit got to have a good job and hopefully you can get a loan through the bank

Go talk to your bank and see if you can get a pre-approval

Id try an apartment first, just to get use to the idea.

Do you have the $ to buy a house?

I built my credit up called Banks got the lowest interest rate and went from there

Find out how much you can borrow. That will give you a price range of homes to look at. Save as much as you can for a down payment. That will help decrease what you will owe eventually. Look for a home in a place you could be comfortable in. If every yard has a big, mean, loud dog, you might want to avoid living there.

Go to the bank to see if you qualify for a home loan and how much you will need for a down payment. They can lead you in the right direction. They probably work with realtors all the time. Good luck!

When I bought my home I was a single mom of 3. The realtor told me about a fantastic program. It’s called USDA RURAL HOUSING. It’s a government program that pays part of your interest based on your income. So every year you send them a copy of your income tax form & they decide if your payment should be lower or higher. The plus side of this that there is ZERO down payment! And being it’s a government program, they want to make sure the house is built to standards. So all of the insulation, wiring, pitch of roof…have to be inspected & approved. This was a relief to me being I dont know how to fix things like that.
And for sure get that child support! It takes 2 incomes to raise a child & you are paying for everything yourself.

1 Like

Habitat for Humanity