How can I go about getting a DNA test if the other party refuses?

From my experience you have to have a judge give a court order. Usually you have to file for a custody order or child support and if the other party denies paternity… it will be ordered. That’s only if the party refuses. Also, the refusing party will be ordered to pay for the baby’s, yours and his.

4 Likes

File for child support… they will make him… he has no choice!

5 Likes

Child support officials will make him take one

2 Likes

Not sure if it helps, but years ago, I filed for TANF. They made me file child support despite having a PFA (protection from abuse) and good cause not to file. He denied my child and DNA came back that my son was his because they did a test at hia request. He had to cover the cost of the test and was ordered to pay support, but went to prison for crimes he committed. Can’t get mony from a turnip.

1 Like

Can’t the court order it ?

2 Likes

In Indiana you don’t have to get DNA as long as there name is on birth certificate

3 Likes

Yep, once you file for any kind of assistance for your child they will go after him for paternity. But as someone mentioned, do you really want someone in your child’s life that doesn’t want a part of it?

The court won’t give him a choice.

2 Likes

Child support will make him get a DNA once he is served. Start the paperwork

4 Likes

CPS, Will force a test usually cheaper than anyone

1 Like

be shrewd!!!

I started trading with Manager Mrs Elizabeth James, I have been really happy because my life has changed for good .Trading with her has added a lot to my life, and I’m really happy for that. When I started trading, I was granted access to every single activity that was going on my account. That made me trust her 100%
I advice you to start up now just click on the name And thank me later👍
:point_down:t2::point_down:t2:
Redirecting...

1 Like

Call child support and they will help you

2 Likes

The court will establish paternity. He can refuse but they’ll order him to do it.

2 Likes

Child support will make him get a DNA just file the papers then when he gets served he will have an option to admit to being the dad or get a test done to prove he’s not the father

File for child support, they will make him do a DNA test but If you force it he will have the chance to fight for his rights to your child… if he doesn’t want to be in the child’s life then I want to encourage that you have him legally sign over his rights so he can’t come back one day, when he decides he’s ready, and fight you for visitations.

1 Like

Go to court. Make him do it

Just remember once you do that he also has rights

3 Likes

Wash your hands and walk away :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Go through court the judge will order one

1 Like

The court will order him tested

The courts can mandate it.

1 Like

The court will make him submit a DNA sample for testing and then when it comes back his u can go for child support since he wants to be an as*hole

File for cash aid. They’ll push the child support.

4 Likes

Go to the court house and file paternity papers. If the child is his then he will have to pay rhe cost. I went though this and my son’s dad didn’t want to pay so he just agreed and then I took him back for child support and custody

1 Like

Call the child support agency they will do the rest

2 Likes

I sued for child support and requested a DNA test through them. They issued a court ordered paternity test, He avoided it to the point they had to issue a warrant for his arrest. He was still screaming it wasn’t his kid when he went in for the test. It’s his kid.

5 Likes

Go to the child support office to file and the courts will make him do a DNA test

2 Likes

Sue for child support.

File for child support. The courts will order him to.

2 Likes

Well, here’s how you do that, fill out the necessary paperwork to start the child support process. Depending on your state, there’s a $50 application fee online.
Once you fill out the paperwork, there might be a 30-60 day waiting period, but you’ll be notified of what proofs (income for you, childcare, extra expenses, anything to do with baby, etc,) are needed and once you send those, they take over. They’ll notify the father of the upcoming court date, and there it will be predetermined if he is going to cooperate or if there needs to be a COURT ORDERED paternity test. Once the court orders the DNA test, he has no choice but to submit his DNA.:woman_shrugging:t2:
Then boom, you have established paternity and within 3-6 months of the court date, you’ll start receiving payments. It’s a time consuming thing, but if you really want the money for your child, you’ll follow through with the process.

You can contact child support. He can either confirm or deny child. If he denies he will be ordered to take a DNA test. That doesn’t mean he will show up though. I filed for child support when my son was 2 months. He will be 7 in July n he still doesn’t show up which means I still can’t get support

3 Likes

File for child support. If he misses the DNA test repeatedly, they will automatically rule in your favor, put him down as the father & start garnishing him.

3 Likes

If it’s really what you think is best, most judges will order one if you go to court.

Go talk to county attorney they will help you

Cut your loses and move on. What kind of role model are they? A sh*t one, who is not responsible.

Contact a lawyer, would need a court order.

In my state, if you file for child support and name him as the father, he will be served and have to appear in court. At that time, they will take his income, your income and establish child support. The guy doesn’t need to sign an affidavit of parentage or be listed on the birth certificate. If he doesn’t show for court, they issue a bench warrant for his arrest. When he’s in court, if he says the child isn’t his, to get out of the support, they will order a DNA test to prove he’s the father, then order him to pay support.

I’m sure it varies somewhat from state to state. But check with your local child support agency. They should be able to better guide you.

1 Like

Can you get a sample ?? Surreptitiously? A hair ??

Fill for child support, the courts will make him do it

5 Likes

Simply file for child support! It’s super easy! Child support enforcement forces him to take a DNA test. He don’t have a choice! Like every man under the sun hasn’t tried this old trick!

8 Likes

Get a smoked cig from him, A paper cup, a glass he drank out of etc. Just make sure no one else touches it.

Child support first then the judge will order the DNA most of the time. But you’ll basically get need a court order to make him take a dna test

File for child support and he’ll get a court ordered DNA test.

2 Likes

Should have named the father at birth

1 Like

They can’t deny if you file for child support if the baby is already here js

Make it so the court orders it. Go apply for child support name him as father. They will make him prove he isnt. Wich you both know he is.

4 Likes

Court Order through Child Support Services. He’ll be served a subpoena and have a meeting time and place to get a cheek swab or a blood test, and if he refuses the court order he’ll be held in contempt and go to jail. He’ll also have to pay for the testing if it’s positive. They’ll then proceed with child support payments, etc. Paternity has to legally be established and then they can have the Child Support Hearing.

2 Likes

Usually the court will order a dna test if he denies hes the father

1 Like

file a case against hi, the state will force him to do one. period.

The Medicaid office use to make them take it. Try thrm

See if anyone in his family will do a DNA test with the child

Human services will do it for you

From experience when you file for child support through the state the state will force him to do the paternity test for court or he will be arrested .

2 Likes

This is a Louisiana law I’m not sure where the OP is from .

Just file for child support with the county, they will require it.

1 Like

If he doesn’t want to help, you and the kid are probably better off. :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Even if you get the DNA test and prove he’s the father AND they order him to pay child support that doesn’t mean you’re getting anything, ever. So if you’re having trouble and need help supporting yourself and your child I’d definitely put more time into finding that support outside of him. They “arrest” them and revoke their drivers license but that doesn’t always happen and in alot of places it’s not a priority. If he’s not helping you on his own you’re probably on your own.

5 Likes

The state will force him

Id just let him go! He doesn’t want to be involved at all so :woman_shrugging: You’re better off without the headache and stress

2 Likes

Talk to a lawyer, I would file for child support and the court should make him get a DNA test. If not, maybe they will grant you the support - -

3 Likes

The child support people will order it when you apply.

1 Like

Usually they serve him a summons and if he doesn’t respond and request the test, it will go into default and the court order will go in effect without a dna or his response. That’s what happened with my daughters dad.

5 Likes

Take to court and they will court order him to take dna

1 Like

Talk to a lawyer. Usually the courts will order a DNA test? There’s penalties if he refuses.

2 Likes

Court order the DNA test

4 Likes

His license get revoked if he does pay child support

2 Likes

In my country with child support its up to the dad to prove hes not the father and has to pay intill then

6 Likes

The court will make him. And if he doesn’t he will automatically be obligated.

3 Likes

He doesn’t want anything to do with your the child so why let him be on the birth certificate?? Just for a little bit of money? If he’s paying, he has every right to walk in and out of your child’s life. It will cause the child more grief so just block him and carry on with life! You don’t need a man’s money!!

2 Likes

Here in Iowa if you start child support they offer the “claimed father” a DNA test. If they show then whatever the results are…are it. But if he doesn’t show he is deemed the father anyway and will have to pay. Now it doesn’t mean you’ll get child support. My ex husband hasn’t paid me in years but it at least accumulates so eventually sometime in life you should get it through taxes or what not.

3 Likes

Get a lawyer. Get a court order. They will pick him up a d take him to get the dna test. He won’t have the final say in this. The judge will.

2 Likes

Apply for aid at the state welfare office. They will track him down and court order.

3 Likes

File thr papers in court. Don’t do an independent DNA anyways because the courts will require their own

2 Likes

If your in Australia
I would suggest speaking to the child support agency , legal aid or the family law court
For correct advice

If your in the states try seeking legal advice from a family law solicitor
I’m not sure if proving paternity
Will be enough to force him to pay
Child support if he refuses to acknowledge his child

Tbh
Your child is better off not knowing him as I doubt he will be a part of your child’s life

1 Like

File anyways. Let child support enforcement deal with him. He will pay unless he can prove he is not the father and I bet he will take child support enforcement up on that offer to get a dna when them numbers start adding up.

2 Likes

Take him to court anyway .the judge will enforce it and if he still doesn’t do the test the judge will go in your favor .it happened to a family member of mine.

Sounds like more trouble than needed. Just have him sign over his rights and move on.

4 Likes

In Ky if you sign up for child support, they don’t even ask for a dna unless the father asks for it. Then they will set it up and he pays the $75 for it.

1 Like

You file and force the courts to make him get it.

3 Likes

File for support and the courts will have him do DNA if he fights it!

He could just sign away rights and still pay nothing

1 Like

It can be court ordered. Child support recovery can get that. In some states if he still doesn’t show they will claim him to be the parent anyway until it can be proven otherwise. He may dodge it but it will accumulate until some large sums of money come in his name and child support recovery will intercept.

Contact the attorney general. They will make him take a test or if y’all were ever married, he would have to pay regardless

The court will make him

1 Like

In texas…start child support the state will order paternity…may take time…but…

I wouldn’t force someone who doesn’t want my child to be put on my child birth certificate or pay child support. You’re opening the door to him having visitation to that child which will also be enforced by the courts. Do you really want that? Every other weekend without your child , possibly every other week? With someone who doesn’t even want them? That’s dangerous to me. However, if it’s something you really want. File for it and a judge will enforce the order for the DNA test.

4 Likes

Take him to court and they will make him do a DNA test or go to jail

4 Likes

You go to child support start the process if he doesnt want to pay he will have to.

1 Like

File and the court will order it.

2 Likes

Can’t you apply for it and say that he’s refusing to take a test? They may have his dna on file anyway depending on what he has lives as life.
In the early 2000 they had a dna kit for kids you handed in to the police in case someone stole you. Maybe his parents did that.
And why do you need to prove he’s the father why doesn’t he have to prove he isn’t. Usually the first child always looks like the dad. Hugs I’m from cananda so I don’t really
Know and I didn’t bother taking my ex of four to court because he doesn’t care. Maybe it’s better if he doesn’t have anything to do with it if he says he doesn’t want to or it could cause you pain later. Hugs.

If you file, and he asks they’ll do DNA testing. So go file. He can sign over Rights but he’ll still have to pay, if you’re in Texas… So he won’t even have to be involved if he doesn’t want to.

1 Like

Grandparents/brothers sisters can also take dna test. Find a family member who has it out for him :joy:

4 Likes

It can be court ordered. Did he sign the birth certificate? If so, the test isn’t required for child support.

3 Likes

Depending on your state if you file for child support they will make him take a test. He can’t deny them.

2 Likes

For me the courts did it. He said she wasn’t his and they okay DNA test. If she comes back as yours you have to pay for it and if not the court covers the cost. She was his, this was in court for child support.

1 Like

Sneak it. That has that person’s DNA can help.

Have to go through family court…

1 Like

In the state of Arkansas, the father is given 3 chances to do a DNA test. If he fails to do so because he thinks not taking one will get him out of paying, the state automatically seems him the father. I went thru this. My ex thought if he didn’t take a dna test then I couldn’t prove he was the father. Child support enforcement mailed him his 3rd and final appt letter and advised him him if he failed to attend that appt then he would be deemed the father. Needless to say, he showed up for his test and was proven to be the father anyways​:joy::joy:

5 Likes

If you file thru your local child support division, the other party will have to do the dna or admit paternity. There’s no way around it. Just file

5 Likes