How can I go about getting child supprt from someone I don't know how to contact?

Me and my so split up a while back, and we both were seeing other people. After we got back together, we found out I was pregnant. The due date lined up with so, but it was only two days before me, and another guy got together. After the baby was born, we got a DNA test done with my so and came back, not his. The only other option is one other guy. I did talk to the other guy during my pregnancy and let him know about the baby. He said if it was his, he wanted to be apart of his life. Now he’s back with his long term gf, and his GF reached out to me after the baby was born. Once I showed her the dna results of my so she had stopped replying and claims the other guy doesn’t have minutes and comes up with every excuse she can on why he can’t talk to me. She claims to show him all of our messages and pics of the baby. They also have a baby together, and she claimed she wanted the siblings to be apart of each other lives. I don’t know how to get a hold of him as i don’t have his number and when i look him up on Facebook only his old Facebook pops up. My so wants me to file child support on him but i don’t know his number, where he works or where he lives now that he’s back with his gf.


File it with the court and they’ll serve him, you don’t have to.


You have his name. File with the court. You also know his girlfriend’s name…they will find him.


When you file with DHS all they need is date of birth,full name and give them the old info y do have,they will find hin


I had to have his address.

Maybe he has you blocked, what’s his name?


File with court. Stop playing his girlfriends game.


Yes stop with the gf


Go to the child support office. Give them all the information you know about him, including his girlfriends contact information. They will find out for you.


Apply for TANF…They will find him fast Lol.


Yeah they can’t do anything until he’s served and if he don’t have an address it just takes longer to try n track him down . So it’s a process for sure

1 Like

Go to your child support office & file. They’ll ask you his info. Just say you don’t know. Tell them what you can. Do it asap. Once he’s found to be the father his child support will go back to the day you filed. So even if it’s 2, 5, 10 years from the day you file they find him you will be entitled to a big pay out. Him hiding will hurt him in the future. Don’t send pictures or say anything to his gf or him about CS. Don’t share pictures of baby. If he wants to be in her life hell file for rights.


Try doing a people search online. I cant remember which sites exactly but sometimes you can find the most recent address will come up

1 Like

Go to csea and file for location of absent parent. If they have to theyll serve him a court mandate for a paternity test and start getting child support after paternity has been established

Child support (state office) will find his employer through his social security number. Payroll will be garnished. He will also have to pay for the DNA test.


You don’t need to know where he is. The state will find him. They will find him ASAP if you file for TANF (that’s money from the government to go towards your child) stop talking to that gf of his.


Child support will find him!

Child support will find him

Well she sounds nice atleast, that’s neat of her to allow the two to know eachother! Some moms are so against that

You only need to know his name. The state would like an address, DOB or phone number but they’re pretty good at their jobs. Also use White pages. If you know his name and his new GF they have to be at some address. You may even find a family member that you can contact to get his address or phone number. White pages can also give you a phone number for him. Do you want to get real into it, you could look at his old Facebook, look up one of his friends, and send him a message! Tell them he’s got a baby you don’t think he knows anything about and you’re trying to reach him and bet how fast that friend gets in touch!


Go to court an give the girl friends info that simple they will find him

Look for any family he has on his old facebook. Message them asking for his info. When u go down to file they ask for numbers of friends and family put everyones info down

Even if they can’t find him now… file for child support ASAP he will owe you from the moment you file! Eventually he will file taxes, board a plane, get a driver’s license or a car registration!


You can still file and let the courts try and find him. But what do you want to do. Do you want him to be involved and maybe have visitation?

1 Like

Sure, the money will be nice, and a father should support his child. Are you also ready to share your child with this stranger and his girlfriend. When he pays child support, he is allowed visitation of some sort.


You don’t need to contact him…just file with the attorney general and they will find him.

I have to ask a question, in the hospital who signed the paternity papers or did you leave the father blank on the birth certificate? In some states who ever signs the paternity papers is the father no matter what the DNA results show.

Child support office can find him.

1 Like

It’s part of domestics job to serve the other parent. They’ll do the leg work with what info you can provide.

Do not delete any messages you send (text/ emails, etc) to his gf. Keep logs of all calls. It’ll show that you’ve put an effort into contacting him. He can otherwise try to make the argument that he didn’t know, or you didn’t try. If it’s found that his gf was purposely impeding the communication between the two of you, she can be held accountable.

1 Like

Welfare office helps with that

File and give them what info you can they’re really good at finding people.

I wish you soo much luck in this pursuit. I live in upstate NY my sons father lives in Texas… I’ve been in the child support battle for almost all of my sons life… 2 years. Hang in there eventually it will happen… but heed the advise and get your papers going now :blush:

1 Like

Go to court and have him served

Check out whitepages

All you need is his name and possible dob more information you have is helpful but believe me they will find his ass across states save the messeges also lol

Ok. So you have not actually talked to him. It’s just been his girlfriend. She should stay out of it. You dont have a baby with her it’s with him. And are you sure he gets all your messages and pictures. She could just be saying that. I would probably talk to him first. I know you said you couldn’t get in touch with him but there has to be some way. A friend you both knew. His family. He did say he wanted to be apart of the babys life. I’m just saying give him a chance to be a dad and take responsibility. With you not having a chance to talk to him. If he refuses himself. Then take him to court. When I filed for support I gave them his name and I knew his s/s/number. We had been together so long I knew it by heart.

Who signed the birth certificate?

Maybe he has you blocked on his new account. Try getting friends look for him from their account🤷🏻‍♀️

As long as you know his name you can file and if you have his girlfriends name that’s more info for them to use you don’t have to have every piece of information you just need patience it’s going through government they will track them down but you gotta be careful cause they could start a custody battle wanting to be petty if you file child support on them

Idk why you would be talking to the gf. Its between him and you directly, not her. I wouldnt trust her for anything and id be willing to bet she hasnt told him anything. Either look him up on google, Facebook, white pages, hell if you knoe his mom or a relative that can connect you take that route. File it with the court and i promise you they will absolutely find him as well.

ok, but keep in mind, this guy isnt a cash cow, that gf and him will be apart of yours, your bfs and babys lives… think a lot about that before chasing this guy down wanting money. the court system will reach out to him for the court date.


You could try to file with the court with all the information you know about the other dad and see if they can track him down. Do you know any of his family members?

Write to csa explaining with father’s details they will contact him and they will ask him if he wants to now his child they will speak to him not his girlfriend then they will telephone or message you to let you know the outcome of there inquires

1 Like

Just file they will have to find him regardless they will let him know you won’t have too


State court system…
All you need is a first and last name… You can find him. It really isn’t hard…

1 Like

File they will find him by his social security number if he is working a tax paying job

1 Like

File and believe me they will find him. Might take sometime but they will find him.


Google his name with his birthday, it might have his most recent place of living, phone number, email etc. on spokeo or white pages. From there try to contact him personally and see his stance. If hes willing to step up and provide then get a parenting plan in place, if not you now have his information for the courts.


Go in to Child Support with his full name and any information about him you may have. They are able to track by social security number

It kills me the level of irresponsibility from both parties. I mean just two days after a break up. Do what you want but if you meet someone both have to use a little bit and I mean a little bit of common sense and protect yourselves. This was irresponsible from the start. Now that the child is in the world and parents don’t even know each other they have to move forward with the current situation. There’s a girlfriend in the mix that is making it difficult. Not much you can do there over someone else’s actions. I have to ask what is the goal here? Is it money or a relationship between father and child? This child has a tough road ahead. What’s done is done and moving forward these folks have to step up and raise this child as a team. I just hope that mom doesn’t get in the way and gives this child what is rightfully his. An equal level of time with his father. This is best for the child. She doesn’t even know him and to be fair he doesn’t know her. She doesn’t know what type of father he will be and he doesn’t know what type of mother she will be.

1 Like

My grandson dad is back on his he owes back child support from way back he pays for awhile then stops because he quits his job then they have to wait for him to start working again to find him

File. That will get both their attention that your trying to make an effort to have the baby’s father involved

So im currently dealing with a situation where i dont know where my ex is and i had to file court papers, when you dont know an address or have a sin number, there are other means of service, talk to a lawyer there is a new thing where you can serve through Facebook (i just did it so yes it is possible) and serve him through parents/siblings, her or her parents ect.