How can I help my brother move on?

First of all he needs to move out. Being in the same house is giving him false hope. He can’t move on until he gets away from her.

15 Likes

It’s a lost cause. Only accepting reality will cure him. If he can’t do that, there’s little hope. If he talks suicide, he’s far too selfish to help now.

Another woman isn’t the answer.
He’s in pain.
Let Him grieve.
Only he knows when he is ready or if he will move on.
Jumping from one relationship to another is not healthy and it’s just a band aid effect.
And NOT fair to the new one they go to.
Who would want to be the fool who is with someone who is just using you as a replacement?

16 Likes

He needs professional help. Also, if he is obsessed with her he may also harm her.

He can’t move on, until he moves out

First and foremost get him a therapist. Being obsessed is not a good or safe thing

15 Likes

Have to agree with most living in same house he is getting false hope I feel he thinks long as living together they will end up together and she is moving on and I think eventually she will find someone and it’s going to crush him for sure. As I don’t know why they still living together is it money issues would be so much easier for all not living together separate households would let him see life is going on and time to move on

As living together may help both financially, they need to live apart or he will never move on in a healthy manor. I don’t have any advice other than that, sadly.

7 Likes

Tell him to talk to her, put all problems theyve created together aside and talk. Because there is a reason things happen the way they do and she may not be at fault for the reason everything went down the way it did. The truth needs to be told on both ends and if its avoided he is hurting himself by obsessing over the past actions that couldnt be changed. A big lack of communication and lack of finances are a few top reasons why marriages collapse. Nobody is to blame… Nobody needs to fault them selves and maybe she is just that worthless of a women that is trying to focus on there kids now and not a relationship. Take your brother out to do something fun with other adults. Im sure you dont know the complete story of there relationship and how it failed but its wrong of you to talk about this womens business of talking to other men. When you have no clue what is going on with her or how there relationship ended. Because my marriage and kids are nobodies business but mine and his. He needs to call the suicide hotline… Because if you start doing things for him you could cause more pain. Take him to do fun things and dont make her or him into the bad guy. Life happens and the only way to get thru it is time and focus pointed elsewhere then relationships. You never know they could work something out thats spectacular to there futures but there would have to talk it out or completely walk away from each other.

He need to get away from that house

They need to separate & not live together 1st.

Getting him out of that house is the best thing you can do for him right now !

3 Likes

He can’t even attempt to move on while they are still playing house unfortunately.
He needs to start his new life separate from hers and may need therapy.
Speaking of suicide is a serious worry … you never think someone will actually do it but, I’m here to tell you that you never know. I’ve dealt with it first hand with someone I never thought would’ve done what they did.
Mental health is a slippery slope. If this is something he keeps saying, take him to the hospital please.

He needs to move out and start living his own life.

He needs to MOVE OUT.

Thank you ma for your genuine prayers . This is really incredible, and I have never experienced anything like this in my life. Before i met you Ma,i have tried every all possibly means that i could to get my husband back, but i actually came to realize that nothing was working out for me, and that my husband had developed lot of hatred for me… I thought there was no hope to reunite with my ex husband and kids. But when i read good reviews about your work ma, i decided to give it a try and i did everything that you instructed me and i Trusted in you and followed your instructions just as you have guaranteed me in 48 hours, and that was exactly when my husband called me… We are more contented now than ever. Everything looks perfect and so natural! Thank you so much for your authentic and indisputable prayer . Thanks Dr bathsheba for your help. If you need help in your marriage or broken relationship,please contact Dr Mela right now for urgent help : Email: priestbathshebahelp@gmail. Com
WhatsApp phone number +447823705502

Talk to him as you have to us.

Get him some professional help & he needs to move out.

3 Likes

Omg I COULD HAVE WROTE THIS MYSELF but u know what I learned… the more I tried to help my brother the more he would push me away and now we dont even talk anymore and he still lives in the situation and just doesnt want help from anyone. No matter how pissed off you get just let him be if u still want a brother.

Maybe introduce him to a nice lady friend you think he might hurt it off with :relaxed:

Get him Counceling, mind your business about the rest. You will be the blame when he’s out❣️