How can I help my child sleep through the night?

Let her sleep less during the day just saying

I had this problem but then I put a red light bulb in the room and kept it on at night. Also feed her some baby cereal in a bowl then brush her teeth, give her a warm lavender bath and use lavender lotion. Swaddle her and play some music. I bought this hippo that has star lights and music that shows on the ceiling. She will stare at them til falling asleep.

One thing that helped my son not wake up as much to eat was adding rice cereal to his bottles it helps keep them fuller longer

1 Like

My almost seven month old is the same. On average wakes up about every 3 hours. The doctor suggested giving a big bottle at night with rice cereal and weaning one night feeding at a time untold there are no more night feedings. He said at this age baby doesn’t need the night feedings anymore so it is safe to start weaning. The rice in the bottle seems to keep him fuller longer and he has started sleeping for longer stretches.

Sleep regression is a pain. Some babies do some don’t. Is she learning new things? I’ve found w my 11 month old who still doesn’t sleep thru they might btw learns so fast he just can’t stop. And w covid he’s so attached to me I now can’t leave a room w out him. Covid babies are going to struggle I feel so bad p

Your about to hit the 8-9m milestone which really disrupts their sleep. And it can begin before the milestone is reached. You’ll have 2 more major milestones before babes is 2yrs old that will effect sleep but it’s completely normal. Kinda like when we have something really exciting that’s gonna happen we can’t sleep it’s kind of the same concept but for them it’s sooo big it effects them a little longer. My son is 19m and when he went through the 8-9m milestone we were waking every 45mins it does get better and babes will sleep throughout the night again babes just has a lot going on in her life right now that her little mind just doesn’t understand just yet.

1 Like

They’ll go through stages. She might be growing and getting hungry, but then getting sleepy once she gets food in her. Be patient, keep trying.

I babysit my grandson overnights as his mom works, & at that age, we had a nightly routine of gas drops, gripe water, & a dash of Tylenol with about a 6 oz bottle at bedtime. He would usually sleep about 4 hours, wanted a diaper change, bottle, & right back to sleep.

Now he’s 2 & were hitting a sleep regression & he’s up every other hour. However we did realize he was having allergy problems and got a good allergy med from the doctor. It has helped some, but we just started.

Could be reflux. Either do the whole have her sleep on your chest in a chair or on the couch thing… or put a wedge under her so her head is above her belly. That’s what was wrong with my little buddy. My doc explained it as they baby is ready for the food and to feel full, but his belly isnt. It’s trying to get used to the acid and what not. Cuz babies should only have milk for the first year so their stomach “can mature” but this day and age, babies are hungry and we parents are tired and we feed them. So yeah… reflux was my point. I also put him in a swing at night so he was sitting up. But he got to big for it pretty quick.

sounds normal for the age. Mine didn’t sleep through the night until after he turned 2. He just started on his own with a bit of encouragement. I know its tough and I know how badly u want sleep but it might just be the way it is for now.
Now of course there is a point where you do want to encourage more independence and eventually you will be able to convince baby to go back to sleep without you in the night but it just takes time and consistency

My baby is now 15 months. From around 7 months I’d give her a weetabix mixed with her milk an hour before her bath and bottle (6oz) slept through unless teething. Also your baby night not be waking because they are hungry they might just need a drink try just water in the night.