How can I help my constipated toddler?

how can i help my constipated toddler. it’s been 3 days of…. little pebbles. we’ve tried prune, apple and literally every juice and water. bicycle kicks and massages nothing is making her poop (she’s 15 months)

15 Likes

PEG. 1/2-1 teaspoon in about a cup of water or milk

My oldest could drink orange juice with pulp, just like a juice box/bottle size and she would go, or if i had no juice I used a child glycerin suppository and that worked for us, she was around 2 1/2 then

5 Likes

White grape juice always did the trick for my kiddos

1 Like

Pear juice also works well.

4 Likes

Bicycle leg exercises help but I’d call the pediatrician. They can rx something or check if it’s a diet issue or getting sick etc

2 Likes

You can pick up these soft chewables that can help your little one. Or there is always a suppository.

2 Likes

Ask the GP for something try fresh orange juice or tomato juice

Kiwis and drinking warm water. Maybe add warmed butter to prune juice. But watch out. Or magnesium glycinate lotion on stomach.

1 Like

Water, exercise and high fiber foods

Miralax mixed with apple and pear juice. It will or should help them out. Also make sure they drink lots of water.

2 Likes

Suppositories helped my little one they sell kids ones in the pharmacy ee also had movicol

40 years ago we didn’t have all this stuff available so I had to take her temp it worked… lol

9 Likes

Gripe water (spelled correctly not to be confused with grape)
Pharmacy can also help

Prunes and prune juice helps a lot

Feed baby Banana it helps

I would talk to her Pedi DR

Get that child in some good probiotics. Yogurt is not enough. Long term that will work. In the immediate warm compresses on the area. Castor oil compresses on area.

1 Like

Add some Karo syrup to some milk just enough to cover the bottom of whatever they drink from bottle or sippy cup and that will do the trick worked on all of my babies

4 Likes

Movicol. Keep using it every day until poop returns to fully normal, then stop. Keep an eye on it in future too

Juices, coconut water, oily French fries

Gripe water worked for mine. You can add it in the milk or juice.

Fleet makes “BabyLax” or “PediaLax”. Tiny squeeze-bulb glycerin suppositories. These were a lifesaver when my son was a baby/toddler. Gave him instant relief!

1 Like

Purée Green beans bananas apples

Chamomile tea. I use to give it to my 2week old daughter. She would get horribly constipated. She is 11 now. Lol

Most, if not all, of the comments are telling you to KEEP ADDING to the problem. You have to eliminate what’s in there first! I know this sounds disgusting but take a rectal temp. It will massage and loosen the muscles for exit!! Be careful because there could possibly be an explosion…or pellets flying!! You can even use the tip of your pinky finger (with a glove of course, coated in Vaseline)and just massage the outer muscle to help the child go.

1 Like

one table spoon of dark karo syrup in 4 oz. of milk.

Massage some cream into their bum hole aswell it will stop it hurting as much when they can poo

Fletcher senna laxative it’s liquid and root beer flavored. Mix in a little bit of root beer or whatever the drink of choice is. This is the only thing that helped my daughter and her issue was that she would literally hold her poop. This will make her go.

you have to be consistent. u can use prune juice and miralax but it’ll take a few days of use before it helps regulate the bowels. I have IBS and I have to take miralax daily or I get backed up fast. my daughter was on prune juice for close to a year because every time we stopped it shed get constipated within a day or so

I don’t recommend suppositories or enemas. The anal sphincter get weaker when used. That’s why hospitals quit doing anal temperatures. Give fruit juice with karo syrup or chamomile tea with karo syrup

They sell glycerin suppositories and they helped my child so much

Add sugar for a day and increase the amount of water

Weetabix or bran flakes with bananas

This works like a charm for my kids. My oldest used to get so constipated he would have to be hospitalized. This always worked for him

Hated you tried pear juice?

Karo syrup or colace peds

Miralax in a little warm cocoa followed by lots of fluids and running. The exercise will help move things as well as the warm liquid.

Kayro syrup and water. Just a little. Works every single time!!!

Glycerine suppositories was the only thing that helped my son

If you go to the doctor they’re going to
Tell you to do Miralax cut down juice and milk so definitely cut down juice and milk but skip the
Miralax and order organic cold pressed
Hexane free castor oil on Amazon in a glass
Bottle not a plastic bottle this is all you need guys I’ve
Had to take my daughter to the hospital growing up for an anal fissure (tear in her butthole) and constipation it was
Awful my Mom used to give
Her milk and juice all day long and it was so bad like hours in the bathroom crying I’ve tried everything I finally found castor oil start with a couple of drops in the belly button because it works almost too good and then gradually move up to massaging it all over their belly once they get used to it and you can do a castor oil pack when they get bigger they will be good to go by morning🩷🩷🩷🩷 also jumping on a trampoline helps walking cut down on dairy and get good rest that’s when your body digests the best 🩷

Miralax mixed with any liquid

I got a tip and it was foods that start with p help baby’s poop… peaches, prunes, pineapples, pears, things of that nature…reeallly avoid things like bananas, beans, carrots, etc. because they cause constipation to get worse

My pediatrician from years ago always told me to use the thick syrup from fruit cocktail

My son has been dealing with constipation his whole life. He is now 7 and has encopresis, which sounds similar to what you are experiencing. What has worked for us

• chiropractic
  • epsom salt baths after dinner
  • BioRay pooper
  • Calm - magnesium fizzy drink
  • lots of fruits & veggies in the diet (pears, blueberries, strawberries especially)
  • probiotic foods or supplements
  • daily multivitamin
    (Personally I avoid Miralax as it is not FDA approved for anyone under 17 and there are current lawsuits)
2 Likes

That baby needs relief now if it hasn’t had a BM in 3 days.get the baby glycerin suppositories and the baby can get relief within 15 to 20 min.

Tea Spoonful brown sugar in a drop cooled boiled water that what doc recommend for my daughter works a treat

From someone who spent the first 24 years like this. Fibre!! Date squares was a big thing when I was young.
Dates themselves.

But the one trick my mom did was corn syrup in a warm beverage.

I did this with my son, and my daughter, who both had problems when they were infants into toddler years, and just added a squeeze of it to my son’s bottle.

Orange juice in water. But not too often or strong. Rots teeth

We used to use a rectal thermometer and move it and out to help break up the pebbles.

Try the old school brown sugar and water

My doctor recommended this for my daughter when she little its sweet just add it to a drink i dont even think she noticed tbh … 1 or 2 Tbs at a time

2 Likes

Try some brown sugar n warm water

1 Like

Brown sugar in warm water

Karo syrup. It takes time. But trust. My daughter exploded all over wall at Dr’s lol

1 Like

Give him an enema. That’s what the doctors used to do for my son.

Get a mini muffin pan.

Look up Chocolate Zucchini Bread Recipe.

Finally grate 1/2 medium zucchini and 1/2 medium carrot into the batter the recipe calls for.

Bake in mini muffin pan until done.

1 = bowel movement for toddlers

2 = dynamite if it’s been too long and they have issues

At this age, they start refusing to poo if they get constipated bc it hurts. This “treat” helps - give at dinner daily.

Apple juice in the morning if they can tolerate it.

Water through the day.

My little one was about eight months old and the doctor was ready to do exploratory surgery because of the constipation. Someone suggested undeluded, pure, purple grape juice, and it did the trick.

1 Like

Prune juice or prunes but the juice is easier also rub his her belly clockwise

COOKED RHUBARB OR COOKED RASPBERRIES!!! Put it on yogurt and it will clean her right out!

You can buy a chocolate paraffin at the chemist and it softens bowl not like other products very good

Pear juice did the trick every time for my boys! Dates were good too. I’d mix in a bit of apple juice also. Pedialyte can hydrate, as dehydration can contribute to constipation.
Youngest needed miralax. I’d make oatmeal cookies and oh boy that got this rumbling too