How can I help my daughter during a power outage?

We have no power until sometime tomorrow and my 2 year old (almost 3) is afraid of the dark how can I help her

10 Likes

Let’s end inhumanity!! I’m paying 5 grand to the first 5 people to message me “TOUGH TIME”

1 Like

Play with flashlights! Read books ! Let her sleep with you !

1 Like

I always light candles around the house and give my son a little flashlight.

Glow sticks ! The more the better :grin:

1 Like

I don’t have advice but I just want to say, I’m so sorry! I understand your pain. Hurricane beryl came to us last week on Monday. I was without power for almost a week. I lost power last week Monday 7/8 at 4am and didn’t get my power till Sunday night 7/14. It was awful. I, along with 2.2 million people were without power for a week. Some are still without power today. Sending you so much love and positive thoughts.

4 Likes

Let her hold solar lights

Solar lights are wonderful for such times😊

1 Like

See if any friends have a generator she can borrow, other than that flash lights, maybe some LED battery operated lights for child’s bedroom and bathroom

Get glow sticks n have a glow stick party or get the push lights they are battery operated n u can place them anywhere we have one in a hall that has no lights one in the bathroom Incase hydro goes out so u can see to pee lol then the ovious get her a flash light to carry around n could try makin a game like flash light tag

2 Likes

get flashlights lanterns candles etc to light up the house. play shadow puppets with her to distract her, get her comfy n cozy Play read

The flamingo is a candle holder. It’s battery operated. Bath and body works has them. I use them as a nightlight when we lose power.

Flashlight, full water jug. It’ll illuminate. Just put it right up against it.

The dollar stores have glow sticks. You can make games with them, set them allnover the house, have a dance party with them…

Battery operated lanterns

1 Like

Battery tea candles dollar tree about 10 for 1.25 n put all over . In fact I used them when my power went out several years ago

Glow stick party, I still do them for my 11 and 15yr olds. They LED balloons last for days and make it fun

Open the blinds if it isn’t super dark yet and let the sunset light in the room?

Glow sticks , glow in the dark stars, disco balls (battery operated)

Have her sleep with u so she won’t be scared at night

Lanterns-can get at a hardware store