How can I help my husband find his family?

With staying anonymous, I would like to ask for help. I have been searching for my husband’s brother. he isn’t 100 percent into finding him because he never knew him but talks about what he would be like often. He was separated from his brother at a very young age. In 2001 my husband was 5, was taken, and brought to life with his grandparents. his younger brother adopted by his stepmother’s sister. His brother was born somewhere between 2000 to 2001. only knowing his name is Reese, and his mother’s name was donna. But the only thing is he doesn’t remember donnas’ last name. It may be Peterson but believe it was changed. I know that this would make. My hubby is happy to meet his brother; he never met. And connect with him, but at the same time, I believe he’s nervous or doesn’t want to get his hopes up that he can’t find him . the last he knew is he was 13 living in Arizona and born in so cal. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to find him with so little info to go off of?

11 Likes

Does his grandma/grandparents (if shes still around) know anything about the stepmoms family?

1 Like

I’ve been in this same situation besides it was to find my husband father. PM if you’d like some advice!

I don’t know my mom’s side of the family. I don’t even know my mom. I submitted my dna to Ancestry (solely bc I was curious of my heritage) and my maternal grandfather AND maternal uncle both contacted me through the site. I know they’re both on the younger side so I’m unsure if his brother would even think about using ancestry, but he might get some matches from that side of the family that could help him out.

1 Like

Ancestry dna proved very helpful in a similar situation. You can track down relatives from as far away as 6th cousin removed. It’s pretty awesome, only about 50 for the test and a 20 membership once you get the results

Try contacting iss (international social services) that’s how my mom found me and my brother

1 Like

Theres a reconnect page here on fb
People all around the world.

I find it weird that the grandparents and stepmom didn’t try and keep the boys together or kept in touch at the very least. Sad :disappointed: :woman_facepalming:t4:

1 Like

Do the DNA it will help

He might want to do an Ancestory type of test. They find a lot of relatives

A more specific location would help

1 Like

Take a DNA test. If he’s taken one and opted to share then he might find him that way

My husband was adopted as a baby and he found his birth mom through ancestry. It’s pretty rare to find immediate family members like that right away. If he’s open to a dna kit, it could very well lead him to his brother.

Maybe a private investigator? I have nothijg

1 Like

I went through adoptionregistry.com

23andme dna is AWESOME…i have connected with soooo many family members

The red cross can help you find someone ,they help my mom find a family member .

I found my mom’s half brothers and sisters. My mom was in her 70s when I found them. I knew her dad’s name and that he was dead.
So I found ( find a grave ) got his d.o.b. and d.o.d. contact the local newspaper got his obituary, listed his kids, out of five kids one was dead, two didn’t want anything to do with us, and two came to the house to visit.

Ancestry DNA should be your first step. You’re welcome to PM me. I just got done with a major search! :slight_smile:

My brother found us after 39 years on Ancestry.com

Ancestry DNA!

Also please message me so I can add you to a few search groups!
It’s veryyyyy helpful!

I used ancestry to make my family tree. I then used 23andme for a dna test and found my fathers sister and my fathers father. My father has been deceased since I was 5. He was in a closed adoption. The state records didn’t help; don’t waste your money on that. I had no info until I did the DNA test.

Ancestry DNA should be your first step.

salvation army and other charities help locate family members here is Australia

Can he not get info from his grandparents like dob or step mom’s last name?

Birth records are open to the public, adoption records unless sealed are open as well, if he wasn’t adopted family court records are open as well. My aunt found her 2 sisters & 1 brother (never know he existed) They were all adopted out to separate family’s.

Do a ancestry DNA kit then maybe can find relatives that may have answers for you or even find his brother that way never know maybe his brother is looking for him to

3 Likes

AncestryDNA. My dad found his family thru that. My dad was born in Mexico and left when he was 18, he is now 65 and hasn’t spoken or heard from his family since he left due to one of his supposed friends telling his family that he died. We found his family last year after I bought my dad a AncestryDNA test and it found his family, we found out he has family that lives 30 minutes away. He saw his little sister and little brother for the first time in forever this past October.

15 Likes

Isn’t his parents name on his birth certificate?

His mothers name at least has to be on his birth certificate. Full name. So that will help. And once u have that maybe u could put this story but with the mothers full name. Some o e may know her