How can I keep my breastfed baby from being sick?

I have a 3 month old while my other two children are SO sick, how can I keep my baby safe besides breastfeeding?

2 Likes

Breastfeeding is the best thing you can do. Also my doctor prescribed my baby some vitamin d liquid because breastmilk is usually short on that. Maybe ask your little ones doctor about that

Keep the baby away from the other two and keep your hands clean while you care for the kids back and forth.

Start taken vitamin c.Thatll not only bump up your immune system but,also do the same for the baby

Breastfeeding literally doesn’t do anything unless you actually get sick. Just keep hands washed and the older kiddos away when they’re feeling sick or make them mask up as home :woman_shrugging:t2:

U take vitamins and wash hands lysol every thing. Don’t let others in babu face no kissing

Not let sick people near or kiss baby yah keep siblings at a distance. Washing hands yours and bigger kids. And a mask

Teach the other two to wash their hands, no touching baby while sick and cover their mouth and nose while coughing and sneezing.

1 Like

My oldest had the flu last year when my youngest was 6 months old and I just kept them apart and washed my hands very often, and Lysoled at night. Baby never got flu. Same when my middle was a baby. My oldest has had influenza a twice and both times we had a baby in the home the baby didn’t get sick.

Actually your breastfeeding is the best thing you can do as your immunity to diseases will be shared through the milk and it will often adapt to meet the baby’s needs if it does get sick. You are ok to Calpol if they get a temperature.

3 Likes

Everybody gets sick…even babies & unless u keep him 8n a bubble he’s going to get sick once in awhile

Why does it matter if you’re breastfeeding? They can still get sick on a bottle

1 Like