How can I let people know that I am not paying for everyone at my daughters party?

My daughters 5th birthday is next month and it will be a bowling party . Some people " mainly my ex " will assume I’m paying for adults to bowl. Is there a way to put it on the invitation that bowling is for the children only? Idk how to word it. I don’t wanna sound cheap or rude but I’m not paying for adults when it’s a child’s birthday party .

107 Likes

Announce it’s a bowling party for children quests only!

We are doing my son’s at pizza ranch. They love the buffet there. On the invite I put “this event is buy your own buffet”. Nice and direct.

Siblings and parents welcome to join the fun for $xx per game!

1 Like

I agree with Amy Drayton! Best idea I’ve seen here.

1 Like

I feel like this is an unwritten rule….lol

3 Likes

Just put “bowling will be included for kiddos” on there… then you’re not being rude but also being clear :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Bowling is prepaid for children only!

Should you want to participate, you are welcome to at your own cost

“Kids bowling will be covered”

2 Likes

Just put. All children will be paid for, if adults would like to join they will have to pay for themself.

8 Likes

kids bowling included, adults for an additional xx

Children’s bowling is covered and parents who wish to join in can do so at their own expense. Food and drinks will be provided

Lanes paid for children only! You may pay separate for additional adult bowling lanes

1 Like

Just simply put on invitation that it is child on if parent wish to bowl they have pay themselves

I would just say adults pay to play and leave it at that.

5 Likes

Just say your child invited will be covered to bowl…any extra will not, but feel free to join in!

46 Likes

Bowling is included for children. Very simple and it’s pretty common sense, only the most entitled adults would assume they are free too

4 Likes

My suggestion: make the invitation to the invited child and family or whatever. Include the wording “fun for the invited guest is included. Additional fun may be had by those who would like to stay and participate, but at their own expense, and at their own lanes.”

9 Likes

Just put KIDS BOWL FREE!
That’s what I did for my daughters bowling party last March and it wasn’t a problem.

1 Like

Use chat gpt it will word it in a nice way I used it for my sons invites

Just put it on the invite. I have done that in the past

1 Like

“Siblings and parents are welcome to join in for $x/game”

12 Likes

It’s not rude, just be very forward with it so they can’t say they didn’t know. I didn’t have much money one year but still wanted to have something small for my son so we went to Chuck E. Cheese and took cake but I included pay your way in the invite since we weren’t actually paying for a party. Nobody had an issue with it and all was good.

11 years going to parties and never I seen adults invite into gaming or playing except to help toddlers. I wouldn’t stress to much and if nex assumes say your more than welcome to cover that part.

2 Likes

Cost of bowling will be provided for any children attending the party

4 Likes

When we did bowling last year and water park this year I put on the invitation “I will cover the cost of the kids and adults are welcome to bowl/swim for $xx.xx”.
I looked up the prices ahead of time so the adults could know what to expect to pay. I always include food for everyone but the activity part, I make it kindly clear that is for the kids. It’s is a kids party after all :blush:

BYO “cheddar” for any activities you’d like to participate in, such as bowling or snack shack or (name whatever things the place offers that you wont pay for)"

Or you could just put a note saying " only children’s participation is covered but adults are welcome to pay for their own participation"

On the invitation just right that you are invited but each family pays for their own bowling and expenses and food or whatever

I would put children attendees are free and if adults or siblings wish to join us, bowling is $x per game!

1 Like

Most people will find this acceptable it shouldn’t be a problem

I’d simply add an asterisk saying adults are welcome to bowl, $xyz per adult.

25 Likes

“Children Bowl Free! Adults separate”

I would just have on the invitation something like “kids bowling included, adults are welcome to stay and pay to bowl, space permitting)

11 Likes

Just say it. Adults will pay their own way.

You can not just say “children are free” you will get a lot of siblings. You must emphasize. “Invited” children are free.

1 Like

I would just include a line on the invitation that says adults can bowl for $$$ add the cost of a game. :blush:

32 Likes

I’m sure parents know it’s kids only. Some stay and some leave. I would never think as an adult I would participate.

2 Likes

I didn’t know that adults assume it’s for them too. I once had a bowling party for my sons birthday and parents knew it was just for the children. I had a lazer blast party and again parents knew it was just for the children.

21 Likes

I would say "Adults and siblings of invited children are welcome to join the party however we are only paying for the invited children’s bowling.

13 Likes

Bowling for all invited children will be paid for. Adults and siblings are more then welcome to join us to bowl.

Either put the bowling alley’s phone number or website incase they would like to inquire about pricing for extra people.

Put on the invite children’s bowling is included but all adults will need to pay for themselves. Most adults understand this!

245 Likes

I would just say paid bowling for kids only. Adults are welcome to join at their own cost.

38 Likes

Put it on the invite… upfront

Yup just state that the Children who are invited are covered! (Not their siblings that come with) or Everyone is welcome but is responsible for their game/shoes

Just say children bowl free

“Bowling is for children only. Adults are more than welcome to pay to play their own game”

3 Likes

you simply say, bowling is free
for all children attending

5 Likes

“bowling for the kiddos is covered - adults are welcome to join, cost is $xx for lane and shoe rental per half hour”

3 Likes

BYOB$ bring your own bowling money if you are over 21.

“Adults will have to pay for their games, however, you may throw my ex down any alley for free.”

3 Likes

Why would the adults assume they’re bowling for free? It’s for the kids. Put it on the invite.

4 Likes

Just write in HUGE RED letters ( adults and other children not included)

2 Likes

“Kiddos are free - parents if you’d like to join it’s $$$” 🩷 Simple!

2 Likes

“You’re invited to ____ birthday bowling bash!

We’ll have ___, ____ and all the bowling fun for invited young guests!

Adults are welcome to purchase a lane at $___ while the kids bowl

We look forward to seeing you there!”

4 Likes

Just ad everything on the invite in detail. Parents can decide from there ahead of time

1 Like

Just say you need a head count for little ones bowling.

4 Likes

Just put on there that children will be covered but any adults that want to bowl will have to pay for their own. You may just have to be blunt with some people to get the point across.

7 Likes

I wouldn’t even mention the adults needing to cover themselves. It’s usually an unspoken understanding amongst parents. The only thing I’d mention in the invitation is what I will be covering (Activities and refreshments are included for the children.) Simple and you don’t have to feel tacky by going into detail about what you will or won’t pay for.

7 Likes

Maybe say…All invited children have designated prepaid lanes, adults may join on other lanes, at their own expense.(get a definite head count of kids and have lanes ready when y’all get there)

9 Likes

Literally just put children fees included only on the invites

1 Like

Most people just assume they have to pay for adults however I 100% would not be offended if the invite said so.

Simply put kids are covered on the invites. It’s not rude.

I had my sons 3rd bday at a trampoline park and wrote on the fb group I created for it - that all children invited are paid for & adults will have to pay for themselves. Was no problem :smiling_face:

17 Likes

I would address the invitation to the child -
Then add a note that parents are welcome to join in and observe. (Five years old seems a bit young to bowl as those balls are heavy - Jiust saying?!

Simply state. If adults would like to join the children for bowling it would be at your expense.

1 Like

It should just be assumed that at a kids party, only the kids are bowling free. If an adult wants to bowl, they can pay. Instruct the people at the desk not to give any adults shoes unless they pay for it themselves.
I’ve never met anyone who didn’t know that though? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

“Birthday package includes children under 10years of age” or any # you wanna put

1 Like

It’s not cheap or rude. It’s a child’s party so you can decide who and how many children you want to pay for. Tell the adults exactly what’s happening.

Just put kids bowl free !

1 Like

My son recently got invited to a 4 year old birthday party at the bowling alley. I just assumed that he was the only one covered as the invitation was to him only I was just going to supervise. Can’t believe adults would assume you are going to pay for them :face_with_peeking_eye:

3 Likes

I’ve never in my life assumed parents are doing any activities at a childs birthday party lmao
I’d not say anything. Offer 1 coffee for the adults and that’s it

Just say something like “children bowling will be covered”

You could add “please RSVP at … so we know how many children passes to purchase, parents are more than welcome to attend but please know that only children tickets are included in the party/rental package” ?

1 Like

We just had my daughters party yest! No one even questioned it. And I did tell at the desk before hand I was only paying for kids.

3 Likes

Put on The Invitation kids bowling party & any adults interested in bowling must pay for themselves

All children “blah blah age and under” will be paid for to bowl. Anyone else is welcome to bowl at their own expense

13 Likes

Id put it in the invitation that it’s bowling FOR the kids but adults are welcome to pay for themselves and then ask them to include how many kids they’re bringing so you’re prepared to pay for shoes. Also make sure to add to wear socks. You’d be suprised how often people forget

Just put on the invitations
Parents welcome to come
But they are responsible for their own bowling costs
As only the INVITED kids will be covered
not siblings

3 Likes

Can the adults leave the kids with you during the party ?

Yup pay in for children only adults pay their own

1 Like

Just say any adults that want to bowl, it will cost x amount of dollars. Simple easy. Not rude or cheap at all. Don’t worry about it. Most adults are not going to expect to bowl for free at a child’s party anyway.

just put it on there… you will pay for attending children, adults are welcome to bowl, however they will be paying their own way, the party is for CHILDREN -IF pizza is involved, that is also for the CHILDREN.

6 Likes

I mean we usually do swimming parties and I always pay for the adults bc I don’t want people just dropping their kids off for me to deal with lol

I never had an assumption that adults were going to be paid for for the activities but I do pay for adults to eat only and never had any ppl assuming I was paying for them

8 Likes

Just say children only. Tell the bowling ally to inform any adults thst want to bowl they will have to pay.

1 Like

Just let the people at the establishment know. Then the day of, let all adults know they will be self pay. Your are not cheap, it’s called budgeting, and not living beyond your means…

Write “bowling included for all children. Adults welcome to bowl however will need to pay for themselves” most people understand this and it won’t be a problem. Ex’s are ex’s for a reason and if your ex is going to chuck up a stink then he’ll do it in front of everyone else and make a fool of himself. :rofl:

7 Likes

I would say childrens bowling covered , food furnished to children & adults. It would look very tacky to remind adults to pay their own bowling when they would not be expecting that anyway.

1 Like

When I can’t afford to supply everything, I host at a pizza place. Just bring my cake, decor, favors…whatever. I order the classics and set up a table. Most people have preferences and will order for themselves anyways.

2 Likes

Just state children are free adults will have to pay for themselves. Simple really.

I would put drop off and pick up times for kids.

Had a bowling party for my son as well a few years ago. Most of the bowling alleys do have birthday packages where you can have up to 8 to 10 kids bowl for a set price. I believe I paid 150 bucks for 10 kids to bowl for 2 hours on 2 lanes. And we had 2 kids that didn’t make it so 2 of us adults hopped in to take their place. I think most logical adults know that if it’s a kids party, ITS FOR THE KIDS!!!

1 Like

Why don’t you make a little bowling ticket/pass for each kid to bring on the day with their name on, i.e. 1 x Children’s Bowling Ticket/Pass (Joe Bloggs) You can even add a PAID watermark across it.

5 Likes

“adults & additional guests are invited to bowl at their expense.”

that way you aren’t stuck having to pay adults & kids you don’t invite (some people are rude & assume they can bring ALL of their kids when only one child was invited). then again, i make it clear i’m not hosting uninvited guests or adults. ill be rude, IDC.

Put only children are covered for bowling. In the invitations that way the parents know that the kids are covered an will bring their kids and the parents that want to bowl will know they have to pay for themselves.

(Name of child on the invitation)

“Additional children or adults will need to cover own costs”

8 Likes

I would also tell the bowling alley people that you are not paying for adults for the party.

3 Likes

Just address the invite for the child you are inviting . I don’t know why any adult would assume they would be bowling too

1 Like

“__ games of bowling provided for each child guest. Adults and/or additional games are optional and not included in the party experience.”

1 Like