How can I make my shower white again?

Does anyone know how to get a 60 year old shower white again? I’ve tried everything since we’ve lived here and this is as good as I can get it. Please don’t judge me… it looked like this when we moved in and I’ve literally tried everything.

3 Likes

Iron out. That stuff works amazingly well

Toilet bowl cleaner! Open the window and turn the fan on!

I know it sounds weird but I use bar keepers friend and it worked amazing! Never seen such a white shower in years lol

How about a fiberglass tub? Tried so many things.

I used toilet bowl cleaner on our rental tub a few years ago. I’m sure a lot of people will tell you not too as it can strip the finish off…but it definitely helped with the staining. Good luck!

5 Likes

Green monster… cleans better than brake cleaner

Pink Stuff is the absolute best I’ve ever used it took rust stains off the tub and the toilet now they look brand new I buy it on Amazon or at Walmart they started carrying it now

Bar Keepers Friend spray foam cleaner

It will depend on what is causing the stains. Different stains need to be treated differently.

1 Like

They make a pumas stone for toilets and it worked so well for me in our last house for all of the residue and yellowing.

1 Like

My boyfriends old house had a really old porcelain tub. The only thing that got stains out was using a pumice stone, really hot water and bleach to scrub it. The porcelain is so pourus it will continue to stain easily. We ended up buying a shower/tub resealer kit off of Amazon and it was a game changer

Depends on what the tub is made of. If it’s hard water stains on porcelain try CLR. Magic erasers. Barkeepers friend. The pink stuff. There’s a lot you can use but make sure it’s safe for the tub or else if you do have hard water and you create micro etches it’ll be absolutely more hell to get them out next time. Good luck. :grin:

Vinegar and Dawn dish soap in the microwave. Put in a spray bottle and let sit. Scrub and rinse.

Used Lysol toilet bowl cleaner it works like magic it works better than the pink stuff does

Depending what its made of…
Brake cleaner, cleans anything and everything.
Also Dawn Blue Dish soap and a scrub brush

What is your tub made of?if it’s cast iron with porcelain overlay don’t use bleach products.will cause a yellowing.barkeepers friend and clr

Lysol toilet bowl cleaning and let it set then scrub

2 Likes

In a spray bottle a half inch of blue Dawn fill the rest up with vinegar spray and leave rinse off

You probably won’t believe this but use dryer sheets. They work wounders. They even work on pots & pans like if you had burnt something in them and think your going to have to throw it away because you can’t get it clean just run a little water put dryer sheet in it for a little while and than use sheet to scrub it and it comes completely clean. You can use dryer sheets on a lot of things.

2 Likes

Dawn Power Was works well