How can I manage my depression?

I never breast-fed any of my kids. Please quit overthinking everything. I truly believe in a few weeks your hormones will be back on track and you’ll feel more normal. God bless your little family and God is always your strength.

1 Like

It’s normal. I feel that same tbh.

Literally went through that same feeling. C section, I couldn’t breast feed, all the crying, and the feeling of zero of connection.

I’m not sure how far along you are in your postpartum journey, but I’m now ten months PP and things are so much better.

This type of depression is the hardest because it forces you to doubt yourself as a mother, but it’s a mix of hormones and chemicals in your brain paired with exhaustion and a major life change. It has nothing to do with your ability as a mother.

I know this is meant to be anonymous, but if you’re reading this and you want to reach out to chat with someone who’s been through these same feelings, I’m here :heart:

I had 3 c sections and my ppd got worse each time. You are amazing asking for help. Even if you need to switch to formula it is ok. A happy baby is a fed baby.

I assume you have to work back so early because you’re in America

Please please get professional help ASAP!!!

Hey mama, if you are reading this, let me start off by assuring you, you are an amazing mom.
If you breast feed you are a great mom
If you bottle feed you are a great mom
If you stay home with the baby you are a great mom
If you go to work you are a great mom
If you feel a bond the day you found out you were pregnant you are a great mom
If you need time to bond and it happens much later you are a great mom
If you had an all natural labour and birth you are a great mom
If you have a c-section you are a great mom
What you have is PPD. Millions of women suffer from it every day. You should absolutely talk to your doctor, and you should absolutely not beat yourself up. Your body hasn’t failed you, and made you less of a mom, your body produced a life!!! A whole life!!! You grew an entire human!!! What has failed you is society. Society makes us think of “what a mom should be.”
The fact that you wrote it, says it all, I think every mom feels not good enough, at some point, or at a lot of points, but you’re already a great mom for fearing that you aren’t. You got this mama. :blue_heart::heart:

1 Like