How can I prepare for giving birth?

33 weeks with baby 3… I was induced with my first two. Baby 1 because they said she was gonna be 10+ pounds and they felt it important to get her out fast. (She was 5 pounds) and baby 2 because I asked to be induced at 39w for anxiety reasons. I’m really considering letting this one happen on its own because I’ve never experienced it that way before and this is the last baby. My concern is needing to go to the hospital at 2 or 3 am and waking my other kids up, getting them to grandma, etc. For anyone with multiple kiddos who waited until it naturally happened, what should I prepare for to make this easier scheduling wise?

I only have 1 baby, so I can’t give advice really…but, is it possible to find a friend or family member who is able to stay with you every night until baby arrives? That way you can just go and that person can stay home with your kids.

My second progressed a ton faster than my first! So much so, I had her in the back of an ambulance, exactly 1 street away from my home😅

I would suggest that you pay close attention to your signs of labor, and take the kids to grandma’s immediately, then figure out what you’re going to do. Bc if it does move fast, you’re not going to have time for a lot.

I went naturally with my first two, my mama lived on the next street for me to drop my first off.
I got induced with my third and will in May for baby #4 bc it’s just easier to arrange childcare like that.
I loveeee going natural and the thrill of it but it isn’t feasible when there’s more children.
I also like the idea of going to the hospital this day and for sure having/leaving with a baby. My only induction so far was 4 hours total from starting pitocin to delivery so super quick.

I’m currently 39w3d with baby #3. I was induced with my first 2, and attempting to go into labor naturally this time. I’m currently dilated to a 6 with very few contractions.
To get ready, we’ve got everyone’s bags packed and ready to go. The plan is to have grandma and papa either come get our girls or drop them off. If it happens at like 2 am, we will just meet them at the hospital, which is right in between both our homes, about 10ish min away for all of us.
Honestly though, with how slowly this labor has been progressing, I’d much rather just been induced.

Scheduling wise? You can’t really prepare. It happens when it happens. You just need to make sure whoever is supposed to watch your kids is okay with being woken up at any time if it happens in the middle of the night. Only preparation is packing a bag for the kids and having it ready as well as your hospital bag.

Just have a back up plan in place. Someone on board to come over in the middle of the night if it happens that way instead of waking everyone up. Someone to get them off the bus n stay w them at house etc. things will run more smoothly. If grandma doesn’t drive maybe have her stay at house around your due date so u can just go when time comes

You can’t schedule natural birth. Have you considered a home birth?

I had my 6th and had the same worries​:grimacing: He was almost a car baby because I ignored the signs. Not on purpose just maybe some denial :woman_shrugging:t2: I had all the kids pack bags just incase. And because it happened so fast I had my family meet me at the hospital to grab the boys. And if it happens at 2 am it will be ok. Just make sure your family is ready for that phone call :blue_heart:

Have a family member or friend (or a few) on call to come to your house and sit with the kids then bring them to hospital once they are awake, baby has arrived and you’ve had time to bond a little.

Have their and your bags packed and nearby that way when it’s time no need to scramble for things. I also asked grandparents if I were to go in those AM hours could they come over and stay with my kiddo vs me taking my kiddo out at that time.

Following but Mr works 4 on and off 2pm til 2am first day back again for 4 and I’m 9 days away from due date sweep when have growth scan in 6 days I have a 3 year old my dad having who 10 min drive away … I wondering how to make it easier but I need hospital soon as waters break for antibiotics … Daughter was induced also so don’t know how natural labour starts like Ur self x x