How can I relieve teething pain in babies?

So I know my 9 month old is teething you can tell not only by her teeth but shes been chewing like crazy, super cranky, mild fever and I thought less appetite was part of it too. I was just going to get her more Tylenol tho and it has a thing for signs of teething and says diarrhea isn’t a symptom of teething… Now I feel like a terrible mom. She threw up the other night, I thought it was maybe something I gave her or possibly part of teething, her fever feels mild but I need to go get a new thermometer cuz I can’t find the one I had (fever seems to go away completely with Tylenol but comes back) now today shes had BAD diarrhea… I already called and made an appointment for tomorrow but I’m looking for similar experience and what was wrong? Is it most likely a virus along with teething or???

1 Like

Sounds like a stomach bug with teething

2 Likes

My kids (all 4) did this while teething. Doctors love to say that teething doesn’t cause fever and GI upset… but if that’s the case my kids hit the record book for both!!

3 Likes

My son is currently teething and has a stomach bug with terrible diarrhea. He is 13 months old.

1 Like

Sounds viral and teething, poor baby.

1 Like

Sounds like one hell of a shit storm for mommy and baby. Get some PURE vanilla extract. Rub it on gums. Not only does it soothe the teeth but also the belly.

I agree, my sweet boy is acting like that right now. It’s really tough when going through both. He has been the crankiest I have ever seen him with a little bug and teething. He is cutting his top teeth. Its a tough time I understand. He didn’t sleep very well for a few days due to teething, congestion and just pain I suppose.

2 Likes

I have always heard teething causes diarrhea. My son had it when he had a tough time a week or so ago. So it’s a coincidence all these babies caught a bug at the same time they are teething? It sounds like she’s just having a rough time. Some teeth coming in are worse than others. You’re doing exactly what you should by getting Dr appointment. Good luck mama… Teething is AWFUL!

2 Likes

My daughter is two and every time she’s teething she has fever/runny nose/diarrhea.:woman_shrugging:t3:

My son was about 10 months old when he got a fever, vomiting, & diarrhea. It was bad, I had to take him to the walk in. Lasted 2-3 days. He was also drooling so much I had to change my shirt 3x a day because he only wanted mommy to hold him. It’s not a typical symptom, but it can happen. Just make sure she’s stays hydrated. The dr that we saw that day told me that if he wasn’t drinking pedialyte to try G2 Gatorade, it has less sugar and more flavors.

1 Like

Teething definitely can cause fever and diarrhea… I don’t know who told you it doesnt cause diarrhea but it’s actually pretty common when teething…

The excess saliva causes tummy upset and diarrhea… it’s a side effect and some doctors aren’t parents or active parents so be careful who you listen too. :wink:
~Mom of 3 adults

2 Likes

My 8month old daughter was the same way a few weeks ago, i took her to the hospital & they explained to me that baby’s ear ways are tilted down so that way they can breathe and eat at the same time, & said that it sometimes causes them to get Moisture trapped in there and cause ear infections, she had a mild ear infection which they treated with Amoxicillin

My son had diarrhea while teething

I have three children and I don’t remember any of them having diarrhea along with teething.