How can I stay organized?

Hi mamas ! I need tips on how to stay organized as a SAHM. I’m a full time college student and a full time SAHM. I have two planners to write my college dates in and the other planner I put appointments in but things still slip my mind. I’m all over the place.

4 Likes

One planner. And look at it every morning.
For college… every Monday I go to the syllabus and wrote down everything due for that week and check it off as I do it. Because if I don’t have a calendar and a check list, I wouldn’t get anything done lol. But yea you have to look at the calendar every morning.

I color coordinate my ONE planner. I write on the front what the colors are for, and get a weekly planner with the month over view on them and outline the date in the correct color & put the task on the weekly part.
Works for me!

Phone calendar with multiple reminders!

Tree time is an app and but can share and make multiple calendars

I put everything in my phone calendar with reminders for 2 days and 2 hours before. It’s sometimes annoying but I never forget when I do that

Watch “organize it” on Netflix. So helpful

I’d put everything in one planner. Everything in one place.

1 Like

I prefer using my phone for planning because it’ll give me reminders.
Planners only work if you’re good at looking at them.

2 Likes

I use my phone, because you can set up the reminders. Plus I can share my calendar on my phone with my husband so if something is added we both are made aware. I also have a paper calendar in the kitchen where my whole family can see. It is somewhere we all stop and walk by so it’s hard to miss. I like to color coordinate it, so it’s easy to read. That has helped us out a lot.

You can download a calendar app on the phone and schedule everything on one calendar.

I use to create my own calendars on my pc and schedule things in different color font or highlights. I gave each one of my kids a different color so their schedule would be easier to read.

There are many ways but for sure, just one calendar.

1 Like

I use my phone or computer to set dates with alarms/reminders. Look up tips for people with ADHD too. I do as much as I can in advance so I don’t have to think about stuff but just get it into muscle memory. When working I made appointments/meetings at 10 am & 2 pm as much as possible so I knew I had to be ready at those times.

I cook in big batches all at once (hamburgers, meatloaf, casserole, spaghetti sauce, lasagna, taco meat; whole chicken becomes slices, cubes, shreds and soup stock to make casseroles, chicken salad, stir fry, BBQ, etc) and freeze portions so I can just pull stuff out of the freezer instead of planning dinner every night.

Keep to a schedule as much as you can so you don’t have to think about what’s next. If it’s X o’clock it’s breakfast, story time, bath time, playground time, nap time, this class study time, that class study time,

Sometimes putting everything on erasable boards on the wall that are in front of your face can help vs. having to open two books and look in them. I used to post to do lists because it’s so satisfying crossing stuff off.

Since you mentioned things slipping your mind I would use phone with reminders as a tool. I also have a white board on the fridge to write down what’s going on this week and what’s coming up next week. I started following a page on here called Organized Chaos. I’ve found it really helpful. One tip from there I really liked is taking one day of the week and dedicate time that day to sit and think and write down all of the things you have coming up next week. So each Saturday I look at the calnedar for the next week, makes plans for the logistics (drop off, pick ups, etc.) And meal plan as much as I can.

Last but definitely not least as a young Mama something I wish I would have done differently is give myself more grace. The mental load of parenting (and school in your case) is a lot! It’s OK if you’re not always organized, or your house isn’t always the cleanest. Your baby/s don’t care about that stuff. They need a happy Mama more than anything. So if you think adjusting your expectations might help, try that as well. Do your best, but remember sometimes your best may be a little less than it was yesterday or last week, and that’s ok. Good luck Mama :heart:

1 Like

Google Calendar. Get rid of the paper calendars!

You could get a calendar like for your fridge to write everything in so you see it everyday and then you could keep your planners to keep things separate in those :woman_shrugging:t2: