How can I stop myself from eating at night?

First, I have to say I’m in fb jail for 19 more days so I won’t be able to respond to any comments . But I was wondering if any of you ladies had any advice on how to stay away from eating at night. I’m going to be 40 this year. I feel like suddenly I have this major sweet tooth, but sometimes I just feel like I’m starving. I’m a vegetarian, so maybe I’m missing something in my diet? I cut soda out. I drink only water, unsweetened tea, and juice boxes. But I constantly feel hungry. My coworker thinks it could be diabetes because I’m nauseated often. No, I can’t be pregnant. Not a chance in the world. I just don’t want to gain or keep the weight that isn’t cute or healthy for me. I know I’m hitting an age where it will be harder to lose and keep it off. Thank you all in advance!

5 Likes

Lots of water. I have this issue too. Just gotta fight through the urges.

I eat almost every night. I quit buying fattening snacks for the most part. Try buying healthier snacks. Bananas and other fruits. If you don’t have the sweets you want, you may not eat at all. That’s how it works for me.

2 Likes

Brush your teeth after dinner

3 Likes

Brush your teeth after dinner and fill up a cup with water and ice!!!

2 Likes

Check your electrolytes! If they’re out of whack, it usually causes cravings.

1 Like

All that is a sign of diabetes or prediabetes

Get strawberries with whipped cream and some cacao nibs. Talk about a sweet desert and it’s healthier for you

I take thrive all natural vitamins daily, total life changer. I will be 39 this yr. Already full blown menopause. So I had to find something to help me all around. Better eating, sleeping,weight management, mental clarity. So much more I have been thriving 5 yrs & I wouldn’t change a thing about it. It has given me life back.

Yes have bloodwork done

2 Likes

I just wanna know why you in fb jail cause I have no idea how you can stop eating at night.

12 Likes

Your diet is probably carb heavy. Protein is satiating, so eat more of it during the day.

2 Likes

I was just going to say the same thing that Athena said. If you are vegetarian, please make sure you are getting enough protein. Protein gives you longer lasting energy. Carbs give your body energy but it is shorter lived. Try adding a plant based protein drink if you are having a hard time getting enough from the foods you are eating.

1 Like

You need more protein.

probably need more protein. A big juicy ribeye steak should do the trick.

1 Like

Check your A1C to see if you might have diabetes or prediabetes. Also increased eating at night could also be anxiety.

You have to change the way you think. Trick your brain by doing something engaging. Also, cut out juice boxes as it’s just empty sugar and carbs. Eat more protein and grains during the day. Drink more water and brush teeth 30 min after dinner.