How can I talk to my family about my abuse?

When I was 6 my mom brought my uncle to live with us he was 16 at the time , both my parents treated him like a son, after a few months he started hanging out with bad people, doing drugs, and even got involved in robbery’s. He started treating me different I no longer felt safe around him he would touch me and talk to me very inappropriate I felt to dirty, he would tell me that I couldn’t tell my mom because she wouldn’t believe me and I would get in trouble. I am now 22 , I found a way to live with it even though I can’t forget . He is in prison now serving a life sentence ( not for what he did to me) I have never told anyone about this . even though he is locked up I still don’t feel at peace . Everyone in my family loves him and I don’t know how I could ever tell them especially my mom she loves her brother so much it would destroy her. He has recently been asking my family to write to him and send him pictures. My mom told me to write him a letter and send him a picture of my daughter and husband so he could see them .The day she told me that I became nauseous. Since then I can’t stop getting flashbacks . It’s like I’m going through it all over again. I’m so afraid of hurting my family because we are all really close . What do I do ? Should I just keep it to myself since it’s been so long ?

You need to tell them and get counseling or you will forever be trapped with the memories of being vulnerable. Also you need to tell the police he maybe in jail but he can still be charged. If your family refuses to believe you then it is on them not you, I am sure that there were signs something wasn’t right but they refused to see them
Save yourself protect your daughter if you don’t speak up and show her that you are strong then she will be a victim perhaps one day.
Tell your mother that she is not to send any pictures of you or your family to him ever.
Be strong know that you have other strong women in the world behind you. Please get counseling. From one survivor to another you can do it.

Tell your mom what you told us. Tell her why you have avoided telling her and what happened. If your mom truly loves you she will be willing to hear you out. You’re her daughter and she cares about you. I think she would want to know.

I think after you tell her you may still want to look into therapy because it is very traumatic what you have and are still going through.

I have gone through a situation with some different circumstances. Hiding it is never the answer. It just builds up over time damaging you more in different ways like mentally and emotionally. I hope everything goes well. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Tell your mom and your dadI been in your shoe with my brother. U need to tell them what he did to u . U will feel better and get Counseling u will feel better with a counseling

Talk to your mom. Let her know what happened and why it took so long. Seek counseling to help you. You never really deal with it by keeping it a secret. Ive been there and truly understand how you feel. Good luck sug.