How can I talk to my son about something I caught him doing?

I would ask where he’s seen that and why he was doing it

2 Likes

Simply in simple terms explain that his private parts are called private parts because you should be in private place when you are touching them. That that is something you do in private. That touch feels good just like a back rub or a good tummy tickle. It’s not bad just a private thing. Bathtub and bedtime thing.

Don’t say nothing it will work out

Don’t say anything :+1:t2: he’s already embarrassed enough.

2 Likes

Dont embarrass the poor kid!

1 Like

Perfectly normal,answer questions as they come up​:blush::blush:

2 Likes

Just say I am here if you have any questions. End of.

8 Likes

Child are naturally curious about their bodies and he has discovered this. Just needs to know that it is something done alone and it private. Just a normal part of life.

2 Likes

Dont say ANYTHING! Perfectly natural.

1 Like

Just wait…… when you can’t find your lotion…. Don’t look for it, you won’t wAnt it back. just buy a new bottle.
#boymom

25 Likes

Thats what boys do. Respect his privacy.

4 Likes

She never said it was in his room or HIS pillow. She said she caught him humping A pillow. He could have been doing it in the living room for all we know. He’s 8 so he probably wouldn’t think it was a bad thing (which it isn’t, needs to be done in private) or if he did wouldn’t hide well.

Just openly communicate with your son and y’all will be alright. And in case I was in his room, I definitely would start knocking.

4 Likes

Your assuming gender !? That will get you 30 days in fb jail bwahaha

5 Likes

I mean it depends on where you caught him. If he was in his own room I wouldn’t make a huge deal about it. I’m guessing you you’ve already had the keep your parts to yourself and don’t let anyone else touch you talk. If not then now is the time to do that. What he’s doing is natural and completely typical. Just knock before opening doors from now on. If he was in a mutual living space then just explain to him that it’s something that should be enjoyed in private.

1 Like

I think it’s ok to ask him about it and again reinforce the boundaries of his body and make sure that this is just his normal curiosity and that nobody has been touching him; you can have this conversation very indirectly. But don’t make a big deal about it if it is just normal curiosity. It’s most likely the sensation that is intriguing to him. It’s not easy being a mom sometimes and having to talk to boys about their bodies but it is super important to do so. Good luck!

3 Likes

Explain to him on not doing that in a public area and that the human body has different pleasure sensors. Like taste, smell and touch. What he is doing is natural but when it comes to his private parts it happens in a private area. That’s why they are called privet parts.

1 Like

Mom find out where did they see that behavior from.

3 Likes

I also have an 8 year old. Omg lol. Like not now :joy: I rather you wait till your older. Like no probably not gonna happen lol

Strongly suggest you start knocking before entering his room from now on. Do not shame him or make him feel like he did something wrong. There’s nothing to talk about. I’ve told my son I don’t care what he does in his own privacy but would prefer those activities to be done in his room with the door closed or in the shower.

2 Likes

It’s normal. Tell him do things like that in private. His room, bathroom.

I openly spoke to my boys from about that age about sex- basics only at that age but that there body’s will change ect ect- we openly talked about it for years (as we still do as they grow)before they actively went through it so it was normalized and they knew what t to expect - just be truthful and open and answer any questions he may have in an age appropriate manner

My son has been humping for comfort since he was 1. This is perfectly normal behavior. I wouldn’t say anything as long as he’s doing it in his room. If he starts doing this in public then you need to have a talk.

I would be wondering if he saw a animal humping a object my boys never did this. So that’s what I would think he saw something but maybe not

I would say…dont do that type of behavior…its not ok for a child of ur age. Thats something only adults do. And find something else to do…chore time…

1 Like

My son is almost 4 and he’s always touching his privates. I just tell him to do it in the bedroom or bathroom and not in front of anyone

Leave it be. He’s 8 and this is normal. If you see him doing it again just calmly tell him that is a privacy thing like taking a shower.

I’m sorry to all the moms but it’s not normal for a young boy to hump a pillow. Had to say. Please forgive me if I offend anyone. He’s been watching some naughty videos somehow.

3 Likes

I’m sorry but some of these comments are insane. They are exploring there bodies it’s human nature. My 5 year old has started feeling down there and I explain to him that he doesn’t do that in front of anyone it’s in private only. Apparently it’s very normal. It doesn’t mean they understand what it’s for it’s just a sensation and it probably feels good but weird.

5 Likes

Make sure you tell him the truth. He will definitely learn all the lies on the school yard

I would just leave it alone. If you walk in on him just walk back out like u saw nothing. It is absolutely normal…i don’t admit this often but i masterbated at that age and had no idea that it was sexual, just knew it felt good. Maybe not time to have the talk at 8 but getting close.

First of all ask him what he was doing and where he learned it then you know what HE was doing you might have a totally different way of looking at what he thought he was

My 8 year old son does it too. Your not alone

“It’s normal. Everyone does it. It’s just meant to be in a place that’s private. It’s normal for him to do but not for others to watch. In his bedroom only.”

Answer questions openly and honestly. Good luck momma.

2 Likes

This is not an appropriate thing you put on Facebook.

Just tell him that those things are only to be done in private. And give him the talk as well. It will protect kids more than parents think

Just tell him you are there if he has any questions

Lindsey Wilson Courtney Ledet
Guess I never think about this being mine are toddlers but a lot of comments made me feel better