How can I teach my two year old to be more gentle with me?

How do I teach my 2 year old to be more gentle with me since I’m pregnant? I’m 22 weeks pregnant and he runs and jumps on me and is just so rough with me and usually that’s fine but I can’t have him doing that right now.

20 Likes

Good luck I’m 33 weeks and I still can’t get my 2 yr old to be gentle. He’ll rub and kiss “the baby” then it’s WWE smackdown

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. How can I teach my two year old to be more gentle with me?

Bubs are pretty protected in your tummy , I had the same problem with my toddler and he would sumo slam onto me :melting_face: I just said “gentle there is baby in there” and got up and walked away if he was being too rough.

1 Like

He shouldn’t be doing that anyhow. If you see him coming… put a hand out to stop him and say “gentle” ! When he is gentle… give him a small treat… tell him thanks for being gentle. Use that word a LOT.

11 Likes

I just told my girls. I say “Alright, I have your baby sister in my tummy. You need to be gentle so you don’t hurt mommy or baby”. My eldest was 2 when I got pregnant and middle is 3 and currently pregnant

We told our rambunctious son grandma and grandpa were fragile and they would break if he didn’t treat them gently. Uncharacteristically he got it and behaved around them.

1 Like

He’s 2. He knows the meaning of no jumping on mom by now? Be firm

12 Likes

You have to be firm with him
But also say the word gentle softly and take his hand and place it on yourself and touch slowly and softly repeating gentle. If he is too rough be very dramatic and yell out loudly ouch that hurts!! And repeat owies and wince and be sad. He will get the message.

It’s either fine or it’s not, don’t confuse the poor kid for starters… use your brain and tell him no simple as that

7 Likes

Get him a baby doll and teach him through that

1 Like

Redirect to what he can jump and climb on.

l Get paid over $117 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $17454 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Go to This. https://IncomeGreat692.pages.dev/

For the most part, baby will be fine. As long as the kiddo isn’t body slamming your belly; no harm should come to baby. However, redirect, give him something stimulating to do (color, board puzzles, blocks). Kids act out more when they’re under/over stimulated.

l Get paid over $117 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $17454 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Go to This. https://IncomeGreat717.pages.dev/

I immediately stop and use the same phrase over and over so my 3.5yo gets used to it.

She’ll just or kick or whatever and I’ll say “oh no, be mindful of your (appendage), you don’t want to hurt baby sister”

And I make sure I run my belly. Yesterday she spotted and kissed my belly gently.

I had a 2 year and a 1 year old that jumped on me when I was pregnant. The only none hitting way that work. I had to lock myself in my room or go to the car. My kids didn’t like the alone time. Don’t forget explaining your pain. Might I add all boys. N the youngest ruff so loving but ruff

Go to This. https://IncomeGreat757.pages.dev/

I have a two year old to and I’m 33 weeks pregnant my advice is to explain to him that you have his baby brother or sister in there and mabey when the baby starts to kick let him feel and stop picking him up cause I had to stop picking up my lil girl and it helped a lot and I let her come to my ultrasounds there smarter than we think sometimes

My son will sit on shoulder, climb all over me, jump, and kick at him. I scold him, but he doesn’t stop. He knows I have a baby in my tummy. I’m 20 weeks

I just went through the same thing. Just had a baby and kid just turned 2. He loves to climb all over me. Basically all I could do was keep him away from my belly and when he got too much I’d tell him no you have to be gentle and if he wasn’t after that we would stop playing that game and move onto building blocks or something

Tell them they’re hurting baby and keep reminding them to be gentle. Not much you can do at that age but keep reminding them. I ended up becoming a pro at blocking my daughter when she got too rough lol, when the baby is here it gets worse because they don’t understand how fragile newborns are. Baby is 3 months old now and she gets it but it took a while to adjust.