How can I tell if I have a wire/bug in my apartment?

Hi! Does anyone know how to tell if you have a wire/bug set up in your apartment? Long story short; I had a friend (at the time) stay at my place, and now I’m hearing from mutual friends about private convos I’ve only had w/those friends.

21 Likes

Maybe that friend is telling the mutual friends?

21 Likes

Hopefully your friends are keeping it private… isn’t there some sort of beeper thing you can get to see? Or just look everywhere. If I thought my house was bugged I’d be tearing it apart :anguished:

2 Likes

Say something untrue/crazy but believable and see if it gets back to you. Also some tech stores have devices that detect wires.

8 Likes

Go back and remember what room you had those conversations in and take a peak about…today it’s so easy to use your cell and no one notices. Someone did that to me and I’m still looking around not convo but cammed us without my knowledge makes a person uneasy

6 Likes

Who would be bugging your apartment? Most likely it’s your friends telling mutual friends about your convos. Somebody has to be on the other end of that bug to hear your conversations.

2 Likes

Literally any device in your house with a microphone can be hacked

1 Like

You can buy standard things that have hidden camera’s I bought a regular looking hook that is a camera because I have a very foul neighbor

Honestly it sounds like your friend is speaking with mutual friends. They may deny it but its more plausible than a bug in your home.
However if its not mutual friends knowing (like someone your friend that you spoke to doesn’t even know) then maybe speak to the police.

7 Likes

They are telling people about what u talked about.

1 Like

Sounds like someone running their mouth, not some technical devices set up in your apartment or house.

But if your that worried about a bug then you can the police, tell them you believe your being illegally monitored in your home, and go from there with the report.

Id go with shady friends first.

3 Likes

Yeah, never tell secrets to a friend because you never know where their loyalty really lies

1 Like

Somebody’s talking.
But, to feel better, Best Buy has the gadgets to check your apartment.

Why assume it’s a bug? Lol… maybe said friend has a big mouth and just told others your conversations. Trash that friend real quick :ok_hand:

4 Likes

Maybe they are telling others also I had an ex who hid a web camera up remember finding it and asked why it was hooked up in living room come to find out he did it while he was at work to make sure I wasn’t cheating which I wasn’t I felt so violated knowing he was literally watching my every move

1 Like

Lol your friends are probably just talking about you. Need some new friends

1 Like

Obviously friends are repeating what you’re saying to them. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

your friends are talking about your conversations with other people obviously. there’s basically no chance your apartment is bugged

2 Likes

Wiretapping :rofl:That’s federal shit. Doubtful

Most likely it’s people running their mouths. Unless you’re into shady shit drugs, trafficking people etc the average person isn’t going to be spied on. Try dropping some false information and see who spreads it

My sons dad did this to my apartment once. He was a psycho !!!

Sounds like your friend is going around saying everything u said

Really? You think your apartment is bugged? You’re so naive. It’s your “friend” running her mouth. Get better friends

4 Likes

Try something totally bogus and see what happens. Like you think you are pregnant.

1 Like

Did you mean convos when your friend wasnt at home? If so, look around in the room or rooms where you had the conversations. Also if you used a cell phone they may have a tracker of some.sort on there ??

The wire or bug you’re looking for is likely walking around on 2 legs calling you their friend.

15 Likes

So you are just gonna not go with the idea that your friends be telling your business?

3 Likes

I would go as far as to make a phone call to no one and say something outrageous ( about yourself not a friend) and see if it gets back to you or if if you’re questioned about it. I believe plenty of people have had that done to them and it’s a real fear. Some people will go as far as to record your convo on their phone. Obvi not the kind of friends or people you want to hang with, if they’d do that! Good luck

2 Likes

Sounds like that friend might be talking about your conversations with others. Unless you mean other convos without that particular friend. But idk it seems like a lot of trouble to wire your place to listen to your conversations.

1 Like

Sounds like major gossip🤷 get new friends and honestly, see a therapist. They are great to talk too and aren’t supposed to talk about their patients with others. It may help to have a professional listen to you instead of so called friends

Okay yeah it could be gossiping but this really does happen sometimes. Clearly lots of people here have had asshole friends, but some of us have had actual crazy friends and exes in our past who would do something like this… it’s not that hard to believe in the first place, we live in a time where cameras can be put virtually anywhere. I’m getting nanny cams for Christmas that look like regular phone chargers, you can even plug a USB cord into it and charge your phone. Shit, there are programs out there you can pay a lot of money for to have people tap into a phone and the buyer can see your text messages, social media, etc, they can even open the camera and microphone on your device and watch and listen through your phone. My besties exgirlfriend put a whole bunch of shit into her phone while she was sleeping and effectively stole her identity… Look it up, this shit is real.

I’m thinking your friends you’re having these ‘private convos’ with are just gossiping about them to other friends.

1 Like

Sounds like your friends are shit cunts :joy::joy::joy:

Girl your house isn’t bugged.:woman_facepalming:t4: Your “friends” are talking about your ass behind your back. :woman_shrugging:t4:

Look in vents, lamps. You could look online for a bug tracker to make it easier. Nowdays you never know with people

I would assume they are telling each other things before I ever assumed or thought there was a wire or “bug”… that’s just so extreme for a friend to do just to hear your gossip.

2 Likes

It’s obviously your so-called friend/s,but to check a bug/device in your house, close the door the window and all the curtains, switch on your phone camera,if you see a red dot on your camera,then “boom”

U play info. U day something only in the apartment and see if it is repeated …or U get an RF tracker and see if any strange signals…

1 Like

Listen ears are running mouths! #newfriends
Don’t tell peeps your personal business! Its hard to find a faithful friend anymore:(

1 Like

Sounds like someone is simply leaking your conversations, but you never know in this high tech world we live in. Either could be true.

1 Like

You don’t have a bug but a blab of a “friend”

1 Like

Cynthia Jimenez wonder if shell find camera like I did!

1 Like

Found this today at harbor freights store…

Sounds like friends aren’t keeping things to themselves.

3 Likes

Deep clean. In smoke detectors, and outlets, switch plates, furniture, then move onto knick- knacks. Move and wipe under in and around. If you don’t find anything, go to the beach and chill.

1 Like

Theres an app to detect them

Maybe your friends aren’t so loyal?

12 Likes

Magnets normally help

Hahaha maybe a new group of friends would be your first step!!

Radio frequency finder

4 Likes

Sounds like your “friends” ain’t loyal :woman_shrugging:t4:

People still trust’s friends nowadays?? Lol :woman_shrugging:t2: anyways to answer your question check around your house, by the lights or decorations around . I don’t even think it’s anything like that I’m sorry.

Ok this is what I would do. I would get my bestie, clue her in. Go to my house and then talk smack about the one I think has bugged me. I would do this for a week or so Just to be real sure, the last time we got together to talk smack, I would follow it up with something like I’m going to ___ ____ _____ them when I can get them to come back over to my house. And my bestie, seeing as she is so awesome, would say ’ oh yea I want to be there I got your back!’ Then we would set a date.
Now keep in during these setup conversations mind it may be more than audio. Then a few weeks later i invite the person over for dinner with my bestie and I. And see what happens.
And when you look or it, I would check the AC vents

1 Like

This question is confusing… If you had a friend stay at your house and now people are coming back to you with private conversations with that friend then it sounds more like your “friend” isn’t keeping those conversations private. Why would you assume you’re apartment is bugged…

17 Likes

Ever consider they are gossiping?

Id be more worried about the friend

Sounds like your fried is the bug

3 Likes

Sounds like your bug is Mobil gossiping…

Following. I have a family member tenant we’ve had to ask to leave my rental and I know she’s capable of something like this.

Hmm… I’d be more concerned that the friends I had the conversations with says something.

9 Likes

Can’t trust anyone really!

Or your friends talk to each other. Seems much more likely than someone caring enough to bug your place.

Meth… sounds like meth. Whole lot of paranoid.

I really don’t think your apartment is bugged. I think it’s someone out of the people you had the conversation(s) with not knowing how to keep their mouths shut.

7 Likes

I feel like bugging a place would get pricey so unless they REALLY wanna hear what you have to say, you might just wanna check you circle.

1 Like

Just say out loud you have 19 pounds of weed in there

4 Likes