How can I wean my toddler from the bottle?

I’m having such a hard time getting my son off the bottle. He’s 2 and 3 months

3 Likes

Take it away and use sippy cup

my oldest took a bottle until he was 4 (yes i know :roll_eyes: and yes his teeth are good according to his dentist) We took it away cold turkey. He wasn’t happy about it but after a week he stopped asking for it.

3 Likes

Mine were way older. But during covid we had issues getting the formula they were used to and then they simply stopped drinking it. So maybe find a formula with a taste your kid doesn’t appreciate… it took maybe 5 or 6 times with me making them bottles, then they said no when I asked if they wanted their bottle.

you just take it. he’ll forget about it in a day or two. that’s what i always did after their first birthday. same. with the pacifier.

3 Likes

start excitedly giving a cup.

Get rid of them. Only offer a cup.

2 Likes

I throw each one out until my son had no bottles left.

Start weaning at about 9 months introduce the cup. At 10 months only water in the bottle and everything else by cup.Yes, even at bed time. We throw all the bottles away on their first birthday.

Stop giving it to him…The end.

I love the nuk transition bottle. Looks like a bottle but has a sippy cup nipple

So we just had this issue with our daughter who just turned three, a few months before she turned three she was still on the bottle would not take a sippy cup for anything, we noticed she liked to chew the nipples of the bottle, so we went to Walmart and bought their $1.98 cheap ones with a rubber spout, within a day she was fine using the sippy because she was still able to chew through the rubber, after going through maybe three of those, we just switched to one with a hard spout and she’s been fine since.

Do you have a dog,tell him the dog chewed it up,worked for one of my grandkids

remove all bottles from his sight, only offer the cup. the 360 no spill cups are awesome!
you will go through a very dramatic, tantrum filled time. tough it out. keep it simple. offer help with your tot to go have a time out or relax time on his bed if just cries n cries.
be very persistent.
and, you may need to drink some wine. maybe.

I tried the munchkin straw cups and as soon as she liked those I tossed all the bottles. Try different cups with him

1 Like

My youngest is 3 in November and she still has a bottle of milk at bed time, I find it hard too!

1 Like

I gave my kids a soft top sippy at 6 months old and got rid of bottles

3 Likes

Sounds to me like you’re the one with the problem. There’s no weaning. Throw the bottles in the trash and then potty train him. Put in a bag clear at the top of the cupboard. That’s what I did at 10 months

1 Like

Belive it or not😂i bought my baby a Oros Cooldrink in the plastic bottel, from there she refuse her tietie, cup… she is 2 she did it herself . Thank goodness

We did the straw sippy cup

Take him to Walmart let him pick out a new cup. Throw out all bottles and wala :sparkles:

1 Like

My heart breaks for these toddlers​:joy::joy:

We literally had to just take them away. We put all of their babas on the table one night and left a note for the baba fairy. She took all the bottles and left small prizes and new cups for each of the kiddos ( my littles were 2 and 3 )

4 Likes

Throw them all in the garbage. I had to. I even did it to sippy cups.

1 Like

I threw every bottle in the trash the day they turned a yr old. Never looked back.

Throw them in the trash,when she asks tell her they’re gone,only have sippy cup to offer

So I just did his toddler drink powder stuff in the formula aisle (but it doesn’t matter what it is) but for the entire day I had a sippy cup with good stuff in it. And I would make the bottle drink disgusting. So like one scoop formula drink stuff and all the rest water (it was nasty). He’d take a sip and make a face. It only took one day and he by choice was off the bottle because the bottle drink tasted like crap and I made the good tasting stuff in the cup.
I kept telling him the bottle was broken because he grew to big.

I’d say offer both all day long as you usually would. Make the bottle the awfulness of any version of his drink and the snippy cup the world’s best tasting drink.

i gave away all bottles on my kids 1st birthdays, they didn’t even seem to notice

buy sippy cups and give them to him but nothing in the bottle but water

It’s hard I’ve had two bottle fed babies and then three that were exclusively on boob when they hit a certain age like one I would make it only night time feedings and then eventually I’ll switch it to just right before bed but don’t put the baby in the bed with the bottle because it’s going to become a night time thing I guess it’s best to feed the baby with you and then put the baby in bed and maybe get them a sippy of water if they become thirsty that work for me I don’t know every kid’s different my advice best thing to do is switch to sippies only and go from there like put the milk in a sippy cup instead of a bottle

Just get rid of it…it might be rough for a couple days but you gotta do it.

No bottle, no problem! Easy Peasy !

1 Like