How can Santa present my kids with a vacation?

Santa is thinking of bringing a holiday for Xmas this year. I’m looking for creative ways to present this to my kids on Xmas morning. Thank you!

24 Likes

This is such a good idea. I would just stick the tickets in their stocking or something.

Super cute items to go with it. For example: if its to the beach you can do flip flops, sunglasses, new towel, ext. Then a cute letter from Santa on where they will use these items

4 Likes

Santa brought us a Disneyland trip. My parents had a letter for my brother and i and a Mickey and Minnie doll set out for us

1 Like

Depending on the ages. Do clues and little gifts to give hints

1 Like

Maybe a new backpack filled with things they can use whilst on the holidays , do practical gifts and fun gifts and maybe a picture of where you are going to .

2 Likes

For my kids, big gifts come from their father and I. I’d have that come from you and then little additions for the vacation could be from Santa? Just a suggestion💜
When I grew up, I didn’t come from much and know what it felt like to see kids get big gifts and I got little things. I was 6 when I figured out Santa wasn’t real. I remind my kids how lucky they have it💜 but again, just a suggestion. Have a blast! With COVID and etc, everyone deserves a vacation.

23 Likes

If they don’t have suitcases already, maybe suitcases with a few items for the vacation

4 Likes

When I surprised my daughter with a vacation, I bought items that she could use while there new suitcase filled with goggles, pool toys, beach towel, 2 new outfits etc

Big gifts always should come from the parents. Some parents, aren’t able to get these extravagant “Santa presents” and kids at school compare presents and some kids feel left out because they got a pair of mittens from “Santa” could always give a few small things they’d need for vacation, or create a scavenger hunt and leave a note that says, mom and dad asked me to leave this for you, have fun completing it together.

13 Likes

In my opinion, don’t listen to those saying “Santa shouldn’t bring it and it should be from mom and dad”, you’ve already made the decision that you want it to be from Santa and that’s that and it’s perfectly fine. Just because that is what THEY would do in their house does not mean you have to do it and there is nothing wrong with making it from Santa. Santa brings the big things (including trips if we are giving one as a present) in my house. You shouldn’t have to change how you plan to do things and celebrate just because other people don’t get to do the same things. But I’d wrap up suitcases and fill them with items matching what you’re doing (beach things for the beach, Disney things for Disney, snow gear for skiing, etc) and fill stockings with things for them to do on the trip there :blush:

12 Likes

please don’t have your kids believe that Santa gave them a vacation for christmas. kids alwaus talk about what Santa gave them and kids from low income families will believe that Santa don’t like them just bc their parents couldn’t afford to do the same for them. personally my kids dont believe in Santa they know that its the parents who make Santa real. they also know not to tell other kids becasue it is fun to believe in Santa. its just not our family’s beliefs as we don’t lie to them about all of the fictional characters

5 Likes

You do what works for YOUR family. If Santa wants to bring big presents, go for it. I suggest t-shirts! Or suitcase with new outfit

6 Likes

Vacation tickets. Easy to make and print

1 Like

I agree with a book bag/suitcase with items they’ll use also you could say mom, dad and Santa went in on this together?!

I would have the vacation be from you!!! I personally feel things from Santa should be the basic almost cheap presents because most kids are not getting anything fancy at all and that’s okay if it’s coming from parents but to go to school and say you got a vacation or iPad or whatever it is from Santa while another kid maybe got clothes or a dollar store toy from Santa, would break their little hearts :confused:

6 Likes

I never understood the whole big expensive gift coming from mom and dad instead of Santa… That’s like saying well johnny’s parents love him more because he got a 4-wheeler from his parents for Christmas but little Todd only got a ball and glove from his parents… What difference does it make “who” brought the gift, it’s still some kids getting very expensive gifts and low income kids getting cheaper gifts…

3 Likes

Honestly I think Santa shouldn’t gift kids that other Santa’s can’t give because then your child(ren) will say Santa got me $$$$ while other kids can only get $ which could make those kids feel like they weren’t good enough also why would you want your child to think Santa brought such a big present

5 Likes

Take credit for that gift!! Santa can bring them everything else

1 Like

One year santa got us disney. Stockings had tony planes cameras gum snacks and i think money. We all opened a box with a mickey and the tickets in it

3 Likes

Maybe Santa can get things that can give the kids clues on where they might be going or items they might need to go on the vacation. But the bigger gift I believe should come from the parents.

2 Likes

Santa can bring the stuff for the vacation. Why should he get the credit for an expensive trip?

We always write Santa a letter and go off gift ideas the child ask for sometimes it can be big sometimes it can be small.

Santa can bring the gift. You work hard to make your kids happy don’t let anyone shame you!

10 Likes

I would have Santa pack a little backpack or get stuff for the trip and maybe type up a letter from him that says I heard mom and dad talking so I thought this would help to make it happen.

1 Like

I agree with others that Santa shouldn’t bring wealthy gifts. You know they’re gonna go to school and go on about how Santa took them to the Bahamas and others kids have Santa got me new socks. Take credit for the big gifts.

2 Likes

No, items that go with the vacation from Santa & Actual vacation from you.

1 Like

buy them stuff for that vacation lol

1 Like

Get pictures of where you’re going, put them in boxes & wrap them. Have the kids open their boxes at the same time.

2 Likes

She didn’t ask wether or not Santa should bring the vacation, jeez people 🤦 To each their own. She wants ideas

10 Likes

Santa shouldn’t bring a vacation to one family, and needed items like socks or toothpaste to another. Santa gifts should be simple and modest. Parents can give the expensive things.

7 Likes

Santa can bring clues for the holiday destination

Santa and the elves make toys not pay for vacations but I get wanting santa to do something cool and fun. Kids may be confused and start asking alot of questions like how they did it and what if your kids say something to a less unfortunate kid and ruins it for them.

6 Likes

I wouldn’t do Santa as most kids can’t get those kinds of gifts from Santa but I would be a great present from you :blush:

That sounds so awesome!!! Maybe you could get each child a suit case with vacation themed gear so for a trip to the ocean swimsuit, goggles etc… a trip to the mountains boots, gloves etc… it would be super awesome to draw up a map in each one and see if they can figure out where they are going…

2 Likes

Maybe a keychain if it’s a different state, then a water bottle with a hint of what might be going on, then a book about the vacation (if possible), and either a shirt with the vacation on it or the plane tickets. I’d do them in that order.

I do agree in our home Santa only brings one gift and it’s normally with the $50 range because kids brag and well no kid should feel as if Santa brings more to one family than theirs.

But it’s your home and if Santa wants to bring a vacation then let him bring one!

They’ll love it. Or maybe a fun pillow if y’all are driving as a hint instead of the keychain.

Have Santa give them suitcases and have a letter inside or the tickets

I could only afford to get my kid some books mittens and a coat from Santa this year he would be heartbroken to know Santa brought his friend a vacation and only brought him a secondhand coat please rethink giving a vacation as a gift from Santa

2 Likes

He can deliver the special news in the mail all decorated from North pole and u take kiddos to go fetch from mailbox. Or someone dresses up in a Santa outfit and makes a special video call to u guys or a video.

I also agree with some of these answers all good and well that the big man gets all the credit lol but it’s your hard earned money that paid for the holiday, yourselves should be credited for that so my suggestion have a written note from Santa saying something like ‘yous have been in talks with him and that yous have got a big surprise’ and that Santa is helping with the smaller things like a suitcase swimwear sunhat/glass holiday clothes travelling entertainment pack or whatever. (When kids do there Santa letters let them see you writing one to Santa too)

I think of it as when your kids go to school and say Santa did “this and that for me” it will make the less fortunate kids feel horrible… In our house Santa does the little gifts and I (as a parent) do the big gifts!

2 Likes

Suit cases with new clothes etc and the tickets in the suitcase or photocopy of the tickets

I agree with what a lot of the people on here are saying I’d have suitcases and clothes and fun things to do while on vacation be from Santa! But the actual trip be from mom and dad ! I always do the big gifts from mom and dad and the smaller things from Santa!

1 Like

Santa could bring holiday accessories and you could give the holiday

Don’t let Karen’s make you feel bad because you can afford a vacation. It’s not your fault that some people can only get their kids socks from Santa.

12 Likes

Have Santa give items they need for vacation. My daughter got a camera sun screen and clothes from Santa and once she was wondering what the heck. We gave her a suitcase with the tickets and info inside from us

1 Like

I have read that as vaccination not vacation :joy::joy:

2 Likes

T-shirt, backpack/luggage & a teddy bear! Give small items from Santa.
Maybe a note that says
“I heard you were wishing for a Vacation. So instead of giving toys this year, I got you a travel kit instead, Santa”

1 Like

I would print pictures of the destination, place them in a box with a note and wrap. :relaxed:

1 Like

You do you. We don’t know how whether you saved religiously to get this money for the vacation or whether you worked double shifts etc. You just do you. Don’t be discouraged by the opinions of others.

2 Likes

We went to Disneyland in January 2017, Christmas morning we done a mickey mouse rapped box and letter, a mickey mouse balloon and some pixar teddy’s, they were so happy :heart_eyes: I’d go with a theme from wherever you’re taking them

Santa should bring a hat. You should say your providing the vacation.
We have enough for all the Santa presents but our neighbors may not. I would want those less fortunate not to feel less than because of their circumstances.

3 Likes

Do a letter from Santa about the vacation on the computer. Put it in their stocking!

Have a box and put balloons in it and have it tied to the string when they open it the balloons will fly out and tell them !!!

You give them big things, not Santa. There’s too many kids who will feel something is wrong with them when Santa brings big gifts & they get small things. Not every Christmas gift needs to be from Santa.

However if you want to surprise them on Christmas morning give them a suitcase or backpack with items related to your trip. If you’re going to a warm climate a swim suit, shorts outfits etc. A toy or book related to where you’re going etc.

Please don’t present it from Santa. Give it to them yourself.

6 Likes

My father years ago had santa come to our home with Disney stuff and the tickets for us to go to Disney! Letter from Santa with something small to give a hint to where you will be vacationing!

1 Like

Write a letter…since you have been good for the year so far…I’m giving you a vacation

1 Like

My opinion is the vacation should be from you not Santa. Santa should bring stuff for the vacation. Large expensive gifts shouldnt be a Santa thing in my opinion

4 Likes

Brochures of said location.

Pictures of the place you are thinking about in a box and the tickets even if they are fake printed tickets also you can make a custom puzzle gift them the puzzle and have them make it after Christmas dinner don’t let this make you feel bad Because you afford this trip and others can’t imagine if everyone was like that you cant get your kids Because others kids won’t be able to have something like that it’s why you work you butt off for every parent is santa for their children so You decide what you want

I would have Santa leave travel goodies, but the vacation from you.

1 Like

When I was 7 years old we flew to Michigan to see my moms family for Christmas. While we wetter waiting in the car mom went in to make sure everything was off… She put put the gifts from Santa. While at grandma’s Santa left a few things there while at my aunt’s Santa left a few things there as well. It was explained that Santa did not know where we works be on Christmas day sohe left gifts everywhere.

We did a box full of Disney balloons!

I had friends who got new luggage and packed it full
Of vacation clothes

Elf on the shelve can have. A note from santa. Telling them.

1 Like

You choose how you Santa your own kids and mind your business about how others do it. Just wrap up a paper or something saying something about the trip.

I wouldn’t gift a vacation from Santa. When they go to school and another kid just gets socks from Santa it will make the child feel bad. Let the expensive gifts be from you.