How can we get through my schedule change?

Hey mamas. I just started a higher paying job with more hours. The only downside is that my son and I have to go to bed sooner and wake up sooner. My son was on the old schedule and routine for several months. I had to start the new schedule overnight. He is still wide awake at night when I’m mentally and physically exhausted, and he is sleepy and still tired when I try to wake him. My question is how can we get through this? Tonight I feel like I’m having a breakdown with exhaustion.

4 Likes

This too shall
Pass ! Hang in there !

1 Like

Limit his naps immediately. So, if bed time is now 7, not 830, his nap should end by 2, 2:30 at the latest. It’ll take time for him to adjust but set a routine & stick to it for it least 30 days. Even on weekends.
Wear him out before bath time. Low lights at bed time, calm & quiet. No jumping around or giggle fests. Rub his back for a few mins, read a quiet story & cuddle. Whatever calms him.
I stopped all play time is we got ready for the bath. I think it worked too well bc my 14yr still has the routine. She says it’s comforting. :heart_eyes:

It’ll take some time, but you’ll both be adjusted before you know it. Keep it up on any days off until everyone’s adjusted. Good luck, you can both do this.