How can you tell your marriage is over?

How do you really know your marriage is over? What’s the breaking point??

13 Likes

When you no longer care enough to fight.

12 Likes

When you ask if they still want to be with you and they say idk. That did it for me.

6 Likes

When you stop caring what they do, and start caring about what you’re going to do for yourself…

10 Likes

that day when they tell you they married the wrong brother and they’re suddenly gone from your heart

9 Likes

When you can no longer communicate the problem and silence becomes the answer.

4 Likes

When you don’t retaliate in a argument … and you worry about yourself ( and kids if you have any ) no sex…

1 Like

When you stop caring

1 Like

When you see them coming home as a burden

8 Likes

When you picture being ha ppy without them.

4 Likes

When it’s obviously broken, but no one is willing to do the work to fix it.
You can’t force someone to be a partner if they don’t have any interest, and you can’t have a partnership with just one person. :woman_shrugging:

4 Likes

Marriage is hard work and dedication. When neither one of you is attempting to work towards the goal of making it work then maybe it’s time to walk away.

3 Likes

I would think that if u have to ask, you aren’t there yet.
I knew because the sight of my then husband made me physically nauseous :joy:

7 Likes

If you can picture the most happy an best moments you shared with that person but them having that with someone else and it not bothering you at that point you know for sure you no longer love them at all

1 Like

When you communicate these thoughts (because that’s part of a relationship…communication…) and neither of you wish to work it out.

3 Likes

When you ask if he is in love with you & he hesitates before answering. That’s when i knew it was over.

3 Likes

When neither of them are happy. You can love someone and not be with them. For me its hearing the words “Im not happy” bc no one deserves that kind of mental abuse. :100:

3 Likes

Gosh, i already have all the reasons being mentioned but i am still staying for the sake of my son. It’s really frustrating.

5 Likes

The opposite of Love is Not hate.
It is Indifference.

Check in with yourself.
I hope this helps.

9 Likes

When you are only interested in their paycheck.

2 Likes

When you realize life would be easier and overall better without them. When you no longer find them attractive, when you don’t want them to touch you, when you regret wasting your time on them. When they promise you everything in the world to get you to stay and you just want your freedom.

10 Likes

When he told me in front of the girlfriend, (:roll_eyes:) that he didn’t love me! This is not even 2 months after we buried our daughter. So, the next day, I was gone! Moved 8 hours away back to my hometown! Was divorced in 5 months. :grin:

7 Likes

Trust me you’ll know. Everyone gets this gut feeling when they’ve had enough.

4 Likes

When the sound of his chewing makes you wanna stab him in the face with your fork :woman_shrugging:

8 Likes

Everyone has their own breaking point. You know when you’re done.

4 Likes

Its different for everyone. But if you are at that point, you know.

3 Likes

How I knew was I was done fighting, didn’t want him coming home, everything he said would irritate me.

3 Likes

You know it’s over when your partner is dead

2 Likes

It was over when you posted this.

5 Likes

You guys need to talk. Have a real deep talk. Have him tell you how he feels and you tell him how you feel
Have you tried marriage counseling??? Have you tried going away someplace as a couple and try to work on the romance?
…you guys need to have a real big talk.

1 Like

If you have to question it…it is over…

1 Like

When you feel more at ease when he is not at home!

2 Likes

when he hides things from u or he constanly lies to u

1 Like

When you get served divorce papers

When you have to ask this question. Prayers for you

When you are willing to struggle financially without them and raise 3 kids alone than them be with you one more day. Also when the neighbor is cutting your grass and you think to yourself “my husband should be here doing this” then you look back after 10 years together and he has never done any yard work or house work in that whole time

When there is silence when your both home together

After a couple of years of nonstop fighting and him cheating, the breaking point was him saying the words “I don’t want to be married anymore”

When your asking this question you’re already there :flushed::roll_eyes:

I think asking this question means it might be getting close. It sounds like you need to communicate with your partner and talk about what is going on.

When the main concern is how much money you give to them and what are you buying for them … rather then how can we spend more time closer together.

1 Like

When you have to ask this question, it’s over.

Feeling indifferent whether husband/wife is around or not. Not hate, just don’t care anymore.

Listen to what your instincts & heart is telling you. When you are basically leading seperate lives, stop talking or caring and function on autopilot. When he or you would rather not be at home or spend time together. When all he does is drink and he treats other woman with respect and not you. I stayed to protect our kids but the breaking point was when he put his hands on me and in front of the kids. I decided that they would never see that violence ever again and must know that that kind of behaviour is never acceptable. I wish I had left before things spiralled so far out of control.

2 Likes

I tell my kids everyone has that point of no return. A line so to speak that once you cross it you cant come back. If been there twice in my life and both time ended in divorce. Something you just cant take anymore, you fall out of love when your being treated poorly. The more they leave, or say things that hurt the more of your heart they take away too. Until there is no love form them anymore just resentments or hatred or sickening feeling. Then you know it is over. Or if there is abuse then get out ASAP. Cuz it will not change it will just get worse.

My husband kept promising things would be better but never tried to do anything about it, said it wasn’t my fault, and I finally realized that I couldn’t make all the effort for both of us.

When your EX has his parents to help him take his kids away from there MOM and your EX finds ways to make you look bad like giving your son your medicine like my ex did me and gotten away with it and got to keep the kids anyways!

Not sure.my husband and I have many breaking points but we are fighting to the death to stay together because we love each other more than anything. People need to not give up so quickly

When he’s done so many disrespectful things and you keep saying it will get better, never loved any more than I love myself,#sad

When you 2 have nothing nice to say about each other, you 2 are just don’t like each other & are no longer kind each other.

I’ve been divorced twice and the only thing I know is when it gets violent

When your spouse passes away. After you get used to the idea that you are alone. Get counseling leaving is a cop-out. Unless you are suffering abuse.

Also when there is no attraction anymore… just disgust

1 Like

When you or your partner no longer care to/want to fix or discuss your concerns about the marriage.

3 Likes

When you feel more like roommates than husband and wife.

2 Likes

Me and my husband have learned that if we fight, we get to make up …the best part…9 yrs married and with having previous marriages, we pick our battles…but we’ve had our time of debating our future due to addictions we both are battling…if a person isn’t willing to at least try to make things better and everyday is miserable then it’s time…we may not last another year but we are both trying to last forever♥️