How did you know you were done having kids?

How did you know you were in fact done having kids. I have 2 Boys, and a SAHM. They make me want to pull my hair out at times. But when they are sweet to eachother it’s great. I always wanted a little girl but I know that I don’t get to choose when it gets down to it. So in other words when do you know it’s time to be done or to try for another?

9 Likes

I think if you still question it you should never consider yourself done. Because even when you are done you still sometimes have those feelings of sadness but you still know it’s time.

3 Likes

If you’re hesitant don’t do it. I have 2 girls I’m pregnant now idk the gender hoping for a boy if not oh well. I’m done.

If you have to ask you know deep down you are not done

6 Likes

For myself it was financial. Could I afford to be out of work for another 5 years? I didn’t believe daycare, to work all day to pay someone else to raise the baby I wanted made no sense.

1 Like

I had G/B twins first so I had both. Then 7 years later I got pregnant with my youngest I was done before half way. Kidney stones (4 days in the hospital in pain) migraines gained 20 pounds before I even found out I was pregnant. Total 50 pounds. I was in so much pain I couldn’t walk. That is when I said no more. would I like more yes but my youngest is 8 and I’m 40 so no thank you.

I saw a TikTok and it asked how many kids can you really raise on ur own? If he passes away if you divorce how many can you handle being sick and needy? The answer for me was 3. I got my tubes tied during my third child’s c section and soon after I ended up getting divorced. For multiple reasons but one of the reasons he agreed was because he was upset I got my tubes tied when I knew he wanted more kids. He said that hurt him. I won’t trash him here but I will say he hurt me and his daughters way worse then me tying my tubes for my own mental health and the benefit of our three daughters.

When I realised I was getting poorlier and poorlier during each pregnancy. I think another would kill me.
I asked my now ex to get the snip and he wouldn’t so I got my tubes tied during my C-section with my fourth at 25. I don’t regret a thing.

Would you be ok and still want another child if it was a boy? If that answer is yes, even if you hope for a girl, you’re not done

2 Likes

My daughter turned 6 and I was 100% done. We had so much freedom and she was in school already. Then 4 months later I got pregnant with my son(on bc) and he is almost 4 and absolutely wild :woozy_face: i mentally can’t do another

1 Like

I had severe morning sickness with all three of my kids. Absolutely hated being pregnant but obviously so worth it. After 2 boys and my third a girl I knew I was done for sure!!

I tied my tubes at 24 yrs old & 2 boys. That was the only regret of my life! Same husband, but i wanted more kids after about 5 years

2 Likes

I knew I was done when my pregnancies began to get more complicated with each one. My son (4m) is my last and had my tubes out due to the medical aspect of it. My health declined majorly with him and I know my body can’t physically or mentally handle another child.

What does your partner think about another child?

Project into the future: how old will you be when your kids become teenagers? Will you have the fortitude and energy to go through it more than twice? Do you have the money to support you and your kids if something happens to your husband? 50% of marriages end in divorce and alimony is rare.

How about money saved for education (of whatever kind) beyond high school? Might you need additional training to become gainfully (not minimum wage) employed if that’s necessary?

What do you (and your spouse) want to be able to do when you are older or in retirement? Will that be possible with more kids? Think about school fees, vacations, eating out, sports fees and equipment, birthday and holiday presents for multiple children.

How much time do you have to divide among kids with competing activities like soccer practices and games, karate, music practice and performances, homework, art classes, tutoring if needed. It’s a time commitment too.

Do you have enough saved to buy your kids cheap cars when they start to get jobs if public transportation isn’t available?

Babies are fun but grow up and it’s a lifetime commitment with no guarantees. What are the chances of having a special needs child? Could you handle that? Lots to think about other than how cute babies are. Enjoy your time with the kids you have, and only have more if you’ve considered everything that could entail and are prepared.

K owi g I can’t choose Mt last, I am done I have 2 girls, wanted that boy but I know my puppy dog is as close as I am going to get.

When my sons became Fathers, my love for 4 baby girls came to be.

Honestly I just knew when I was done. You’ll know.

2 Likes

I thought I was done I have 5 kids my youngest is 7 and bam here comes another one lol but I’m so done with kids after thisone

I got tied up at 23 years. 3 kids. That is plenty for me!

I had 3 n I knew I was done with my 3rd. Had tubal done when I had my c-section.

You just know. So if you’re still questioning it, you’re more than likely not done.

I knew I was done after one.

As soon as I has one I knew I was done :woozy_face:.

When the world started to go to shit and got way to expensive.

I got married at 18yrs old, we had a girl and boy 14mo apart. He made me tied my tubes. We ended in divorce. I remarried awhile after and my new husband didn’t have any children other than mine…he asked me if I ever considered having more. I said no because my tubes are tied. My kids were on board…however I wasn’t sure…because I knew the struggles of a single mom… we had a tubal reversal. It was successful and we welcomed our third child Jacob, who thinks his daddy made 3 wonderful kids :woman_shrugging:t4: I k ew my circle was complete…

2 Likes

We are leaving it up to God. The chances of me getting pregnant with a viable pregnancy due to a chromosome inversion is low.

2 Likes

I knew I was done having kids when I had to have my uterus removed :joy:

I wanted a boy my whole life I had girl girl girl BOY and girl and I just new I was completely done I didn’t want anymore it’s a sad decision to make but you have to think about how many you can handle I promise you 5 is not for the weak lol but I wouldn’t have it any other way but once you get tube’s ties that is a life long choice so think about it wisely best of luck to you

I feel like you’ll know inside when you’re done. It also depends on your situation. We have 3 boys and I’ve always dreamed of having a girl but didn’t think it was in the cards for me. In the past 7 years I’ve had 2 miscarriages and once I got pregnant this last time I decided that whether or not this pregnancy is successful, whether this is a boy or girl, I was comfortable stopping and was comfortable with not having any more kids. I didn’t want to continue to put my physical or mental health through any more losses and knew that even if it was successful and we had another boy then I was just destined to be a boy mom and that’s already something to be thankful for. Thankfully I’m healthy and we’re on track for a healthy baby girl due in June! Obviously things don’t always go how you want them to but it’s the mental acceptance that you should have before making that decision with your partner. Good luck mama and I wish you the best no matter what path you do choose.

I knew I was done only because my last one almost cost me my life. I don’t ever want to risk not being here for my kids. I’ve been blessed with my 6 kids, 3 boys and 3 girls.

When I had 2 and got on BC and got pregnant with the 3rd. Neither of us was excited or wanted another kid, so we didn’t have one. He got his vasectomy as soon as he could after my procedure.

Once we hit 2, it was a whole new ballgame. I can’t imagine them outnumbering the parents! We barely got by most of that time with the skin of our teeth.

I had my twins and was so done. I made my husband get fixed. At first I wanted more but that was right after the baby when my hormones were crazy. But yeah would rather get hit by a train then have more. I think if you are thinking about it then your aren’t done

I have 3 girls; 23, 21, my youngest will be 14 in a few months. When I was pregnant with her, my husband said 3 is enough. He got snipped, he didn’t want me. Hormones

My sister has 5 boys and finally got her girl. She is 1 now. It took her years to get a girl :rofl::rofl: but finally got one. And she pregnant again and it’s a boy.:rofl::rofl: poor baby girl has 6 bothers. The babygirl, and baby she pregnant with however has same dad. The rest of the kids belong to someone else. The guy she with he has a daughter already.

I knew I was done when I was pregnant with my second and my first was around 2 … dealing with pregnancy fatigue/morning sickness & hormones while trying to be the best mom I could be for my toddler made me realize I could never do this again with 2 kids to take care of. Also financially I know it would be too difficult. I got lucky and had a boy and a girl so I’m not wondering what if but I don’t know how anybody has more then 2 kids … motherhood is not for the weak :rofl:

When I realized all my kids are old enough to do whatever without me watching them.