How did you know your child was ready for cereal?

Adding single grain cereal (or anything other than BM or formula) to your child’s diet, how old were you’re babies, how/what did you start with and what behaviors did you take as signs of readiness?

6 Likes

My kids were 4 months old

Raised 4.4 to 6 months for all of them…nursing made it easy to tell all of a sudden feedings were taking hours then they fussed soon after.

I did it right away once I saw they could sit up with out my support.

6 months. Didn’t do cereal as it’s useless. Waited until it’s recommended to start any solids.

2 Likes

4-6 mths I gave cereal when formula just didn’t seem like enough to fill them up .

I normally just waited for the doctor to tell me the baby can start food. Each child is different it’s normally close to 6 months.

6 months of age with all signs of readiness like sitting up by themselves , pincher grasp ect. No sooner then 6 months , their guts are not fully developed yet and they are just not ready. Any doctor that tells you you can before 6 months is giving false information. Cereal has no nutritional value , the only purpose people give it to their babies is to make them feel fuller for longer which is insane.

3 Likes

6 months old. Any sooner and more than likely you’ll be dealing with a fussy constipated baby at 4 months the baby’s stomach is just not ready for it.IDCISWIS.

1 Like

6 month’s plus all signs of readiness. Better to wait then deal with the problems from feeding to early. BLW was amazing and cereal is crap skip it all together.

1 Like