How did your body react after you got nexplanon removed?

I had my nexplanon removed on October 8th. Three days after it was removed, I started bleeding. The bleeding only lasted like four days. I’m not sure I would’ve even considered it a period. Now I’m starting to spot. It’s pink then brown then back to pink. It comes and goes over the last few days. I’ve been wearing a panty liner just to protect my underwear, as I’m only spotting a little. But my question is, how long does it take for your body to regulate after having it removed. I don’t think I should be spotting so soon seen as it’s only been 20 days since it’s been out. How long did it take your guy’s bodies to go back to normal? This is the first time I’ve been on nexplanon and not sure how the aftermath of it works. Any insight would be appreciated thank you

3 Likes

I didn’t have nexplanon, but i had the mirena and had it removed around the same time. same exact issues. not sure how long it takes.

I had to get stitches after mine. During the implant I didnt have a period, after I’ve had the worst ones of my life, I got PCOS.

I had mine taken out and started bleeding the next month with a normal period from then on

Following.
I’m getting mine removed tomorrow. Now I’m worried… :worried:

1 Like

Had the worst experience with the nexplanon, I had bleeding non-stop with it but bleeding is normal and can take your body a few months to adjust depending on how long you’ve had it. I recommend to get the depo shot, it regulated me and took away my period, and it is amazing! If it continues talk to your doctor it’s just your hormone levels are left unbalanced.

I got mine removed and the next week had a period. And then my period was normal. It took 4 months and now my husband and I are pregnant with #3. 13 weeks.

Very normal as your body adust back to its schedule

I had that for ages after taking mines out it settled after few months then 9 months later I was pregnant (was planned ) x

2-3 months for my body to get back to “normal”. Nexplanon was the worst thing I could have put into my body.

:wave::wave::wave:
Overall, you should feel completely normal after getting your implant taken out. Your arm may feel tender or swollen around where the implant was for a few days. It may look bruised for a week or two. Your DR. or Nurse will tell you how to wash and take care of your skin for a couple of days after removal.
Unless you start another hormonal birth control method after removing the implant, your period will go back to how it was before you got Nexplanon. You can keep track of your period after removal using a App.

I got my period after a few weeks. Everything just went back to normal really. Everyone is different.

I got it removed after 8 months of straight bleeding. I had a small hole where they removed it, tape was used to keep the hole shut after. It does leave a small scar.
I felt great after 1 month. I had got pregnant(1st time my husband got home from overseas) 2.5 month after it was removed.

I got a couple stitches but got pregnant a month after having it removed so i never got a period :joy:

Following… I’m on my third round of nexplanon. I’m looking for other alternatives as I wont be getting the implant again. :woman_shrugging:t3:

Had to google nexplanon… :flushed: It’s scary.

Did or did not your GYN explain all this to you?? If not, time to get a new one :slight_smile:

I started losing weight when I got it removed, I also ended up pregnant shortly after.

Following. I’m getting mine removed next month. I’ve only had it on since May but I’ve had horrible side effects (reason I’m getting it removed. Going back in the pill.

I was spotty for about a month then my normal cycle started.

OK… apparently this page is not about “My Favorite Holiday”… this is like the 6th post in a row that has nothing to do with the name…

6 Likes

ask your freaking doctor. why wouldn’t you ask these things when getting it done??

2 Likes

My period was off and on for 4 to 6 weeks and stop and it took me 6months to get pregnant again

How about asking a pro like your doctor?

I got pregnant 6 days after mine was removed…

How about Dear Abby?

1 Like