How did your stretch marks look after pregnancy?

I am wondering for those of you who got stretch marks and gained upwards of 50 pounds during your pregnancy if your skin was able to tighten back up after time? FTM here and I am so nervous about what my stomach will look like after this like sagging skin? Any advice on helping the recovery process for tummy skin tightening/ stretch marks would be appreciated. TIA.

8 Likes

I can show you what they look like after four pregnancies. I never gained over 35 lbs with any of them.

Lotion, lotion, and more lotion.
Did I forget to mention lotion?

1 Like

Nope! I had extra skin from losing almost 100 pounds. Marks are white and stayed white. Gained 40 pounds from pregnancy and still holding on to 18. Stomach looks like a deflated balloon still 5 months later.

Stretch marks are there to stay! But wear something after birth, like a waist trainer or just something tight around your tummy for at least two weeks. It’s something I should have done. But it helps with the loose skin. I have my pouch and stretch marks still after giving birth to my first born 8 years ago!

1 Like

I mean I got some but they faded. I’m a little thick to begin with so I don’t notice any extra skin lol it’s def not a big deal though like we’re the only ones who truly care

It’s always important to consider everyone’s body is different and recovers different, as well. But in my experience, mine started off reddish and then after the birth, they eventually turned white or almost the same as my unstretched skin. But the depth of mine are more visible than the actual color. There’s really nothing you can about them once they’re there. Just make sure to keep your stomach and other stretching places heavily moisturized…like really moist lol. And what ever you do, PLEASE DON’T SCRATCH! No matter how itchy. Just get more lotion (invest in some good stuff or coconut oil) and rub it. It will help the itching. And of course, drinking water helps with hydration.

I gained 50lbs and had stretch marks on my boobs and thighs. I don’t work out I just limit my carbs and soda. I try and eat at home all the time. My stretch marks are gone. No creams or anything just being healthy

3 kids later. This is also 12years after my 1st (I gained about 80lbs with her) and 4 years after my youngest ( I gained 28lbs with him).

When I stand up I do have abit of a sag on the left side but I think that’s because of weakened muscle and having 3 c-sections. I never used any lotion for any pregnancy.

However my friend has 5 kids and she’s probably 120lbs now and doesn’t look likes she’s ever been pregnant lol.

1 Like

12 years on i still have mine from my daughter although there white now

I can’t believe that just with a phone call i made to Dr. goko , I got my ex back to me within 24 hours interval. I had read some stuff about Dr.goko before i called him but i didn’t know that all those stuff were so accurate until i got my ex back, After getting my ex back i taught it wise to share my testimony with every one on this website that Dr.goko is a real and powerful spell caster that rebuild any broken relationship or marriage with love spell. Do feel free to Contact Dr.goko via email: (Dr.gokospellhome12@gmail. com) OR what app +2349064938931, Dr goko thank you so much

I used The Honest Company belly balm everyday before and after I showered or when I felt dry throughout the day. I gained almost 50 lbs. Lost almost 30 lbs in just 2 wks after having my son. I did not get stretch marks. I guess it has to do with your genes too? My mom nor grandma don’t have stretch marks either.

I got all mine from my first one . He weighed 8#6oz. I was all baby. Stomach tightened back up in a month…

This is my stomach 2 months pp

1 Like

I’ll be honest I still have mine I gained roughly 25-40 lbs with all 3 pregnancies except my current one I have only gained 5 lbs and I’m halfway through. However if you put aquaphor or some other type of moisturizer it lessens the appearance of them.

My stretch marks lighted up not faded but unless you know they are there you don’t see them

1 Like

Stretch Marks are genetic for the most part so look at your mom and theres a decent chance you will follow. My mom has none and I even as a plus size chick have some very very very faint ones. It’s all about elasticity keeping hydrated helps too

Mine looks a lot like this, I went from a size 8 before pregnancy to a size 12 after giving birth! Not the greatest body in the world but i love it, my partner loves it & my kids love to jiggle my tummy around :joy:

2 Likes

I thank my grandma and mom for their awesome genetics. No stretch marks or extra skin.

1 Like

I have stretch marks still 2 mos PP but they’re definitely lighter. I’ve used Bio Oil and palmers coconut oil lotion to help them. I gained about 60 lbs and have about 20 to lose still.

Do something every day to help flatten your tummy after birth. First day breathe deeply. Second day, breathe & lift your arms. Third day, so previous & lift legs one at a time. Get to doing bridge pose, sit ups. Only 4-8 reps & only a few minutes will help.

I weighed 110 lbs & had a nearly 9 lb baby, so lots of stretched out skin which went down some but never went away completely. Over the years I’ve put on weight & filled it out unfortunately!

My stretch marks are silvery against pale skin, so I don’t notice them.

Where the Faja they give you if you got one mine was so nasty and jiggly after birth but then it went back I still have a few stretch marks on my stomach but it went back to when I was regular fat LOL

1 Like

Momma love your body and your tiger stripes. Every woman is different. You just grew a baby.

2 Likes

they definitely get lighter and fade a lot!

I have mine but they fade and you are only able to see them if you tan, but they never really totally go away, its like a scar from skin stretching to fast. You might have a belly pooch but just make sure your abdominal muscles are next to each other before doing any ab tightening muscles, otherwise your guts will stick through…

I didnt do any lotions really because you are gonna get some reguardless, if they itch use lotion. And I have 2 side tattoos and after 4 kids there aren’t any stretchmarks on them

My stretch marks looked bloody awful after baby was born …but I love them because it reminds me that I was one of the lucky women in this world that was able to create a new life… now as a great grandmother I smile and recall those special times 4 kids 10 grandchildren and 1 great grandchild…so lucky

3 Likes

Use vitinam E cream on your stretc marks

Mama,you earned those markings!

I was 98 pounds, end pregnancy weight 155, & now I’m comfortably 135. No stretch marks on tummy but a few in my waist, use any type of almond oil, that’s what helped me & currently what’s making mine less visible. You have to commit to doing it everyday though.

Every ones different but embrace your body after scars and all. After 3 kids my body isn’t the same but I don’t regret my kids. You learn to adjust.

1 Like

I gained 80lbs when I was pregnant and lost all of the baby fat within a year. Just stay dedicated to walking, running, etc. I have a few stretch marks on my stomach and thighs but not really noticeable. Everyone’s different though, you may have a ton, you may have a little or none. Either way, love yourself and your body. You had a precious little one growing inside you. My husband calls my stretch marks, “marks of love” :sweat_smile: They’ll fade a little over time. Don’t worry or stress too much! Congratulations on the little one! :heart:

Yoga and vitamin e, I became a ftm 10 years ago, they were faint up until I had my 2nd 3 years ago and then I had a baby 10 months ago. I am using bio oil and Yoga atm, bio oil seems to be helping. I also try to drink plenty of water.

I didn’t have stretch Mark’s until I had my baby. Then a shit load appeared. Didn’t gain weight and my belly was flat as soon he popped out.

They’ve faded a lot except the ones between my ribs and belly. Those ones are dark and still there.

I’ve had 5 girls and I hardly have strech marks. Some on my side but I got super lucky.

I didn’t have much sagging or stretch marks after my first, I gained over 80 lbs and carried high. I gained over 60 lbs with my second, carried low and have stretch marks on my breasts and belly and have a saggy pouch of crinkly skin over my abdomen. It happens. I’m 35. Hoping to have more children asap so I’m not stressing it but I believe if you use a belly band and moisturizer your skin should tighten up a little more than if you don’t. The only people I know who don’t have crinkly skin or sagging are overweight or had a tummy tuck. It’s part of motherhood.

I had zero stretch marks from my first, and quite a few after my second. He’s 8 months old now and I don’t even notice them much. It was a bit of an ego-blow at first (the first two or three months) but not only do they just seem irrelevant anymore they’ve also started to fade quite a bit. I gained 55lbs with my first pregnancy and 45lbs with the second (but I was larger before getting pregnant this second time around than I was the first). I was 130lbs before my first pregnancy and 155lbs before my second.

I’m worst case . So trust me it probly won’t be that bad

My 13 yr old asked to see mt c-section scar and when I showed him, he said, “What the hell did they do to you?!” I told him those were stretch marks, the c-section scar is over here and he replied, “It looks like you were attacked by a badger!!”

Start using the bio oil for scars now.
And look into bengkung binding for post partum.

Vitamin E cream helps

My stomach and hip stretch marks were bad! I weighed 115 before pregnancy and at delivery i weighed 170. Im 4mpp and they have all mostly disappeared or are definitely lightening up. Pooches and stretch marks are a part of motherhood. They are a sign that your body and you have done something amazing and that is create life! Dont let it bug you too much. My older sister has a 3yo and had stretch marks while pregnant that are completely gone!

I did sit up to get mine back in shape

My baby is 16 and I’ve got nice satin ribbon sized beauties. Some are pink. Some are red. Some are white. All are soft and silky! Head to toe.
I grew 2 humans, so I’m pretty proud of them.

Mine are my tiger stripes. I was never supposed to have kids but we have three grown sons now! I’m in awe of my stretch marks and they don’t bother me at all. I earned them :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I had stretch marks on my hips, 1 on my belly and what looked like horrid bear claw marks on both sides of my rearend. Thank God, they all shrank down as I lost weight. As I have put weight back on though, they start to show back up. I use them as my visual cue that I need to lose a few pounds again if they start to show. Lol

1 Like

Stretch marks can sometimes be genetic. Stretch marks don’t really go away, they can fade. If your abs go back together right normally, especially after your first baby, you can have a flat tummy again. Loose skin really depends on your skin before, during, and after. Look at your mom, sisters, aunts… if the majority have a little extra skin, you probably will too. If they don’t you have a higher chance of not having extra skin. Your body is not going to be the same after. It’s just not. But that doesn’t mean you won’t be beautiful and it doesn’t mean you can’t be healthy. Take care of yourself and your baby.

2 Likes

I’ve had three pregnancies ( 3 boys)! And didn’t get stretch marks at all. Like Janet said, it can be generic. I didn’t know if I was gonna get them so I used to rub cocoa butter lotion ( for stretch marks) all over my tummy and under legs every night! Don’t know if that helped! My boys are now 17,16 and 14 I’m sure there’s all kinds of products out there now to help with stretch marks! Don’t worry too much about that though stretch marks are a reminder that you gave life to a human being! Enjoy your pregnancy and pray for a healthy baby!

2 Likes

3 kids I gained about 100 pounds. no marks or sagging. I used 100% cocobutter, looked like a big chap stuck. The following summer I was in a bikini.
One of my daughters used nothing to took years for the sag to tighten and more for the red in the marks to fade. Other daughter used tummy butter, no marks, no sag after a few months.

Your skin does tighten, especially if you moisturize and exercise regularly. Every body is different and will show differently. You may still have little pink zebra marks, but own them, they are a badge of motherhood. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 years later, it looks awful. But I had diastasis recti too. I hated it a lot, but it’s a part of who I am at this point, and it is a reminder of my bright and vivacious 6 year old.

Had four children, no stretch marks. Used a product called " mothers friend". Probably not around anymore, had my youngest 39 years ago. Of course we were supposed to keep our weight gain between 20 and 25 pounds.

I have a lot of stretch marks and they have faded but have never went away. I did get toned back up and my stomach was flat with very little sag but my doctor told me once you’re stomach muscles get stretched like that it will never go back like it was before pregnancy.

1 Like

breast feeding helps keeps it from sagging low.

1 Like