How do I cope with anxiety in the gym?

How does one become addicted to the gym? I really want to be a gym rat but have anxiety and always give up every time i start going…i wanna be healthy and fit but always feel judged when i walk into a gym…what are some ways you cope with this?

17 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. How do I cope with anxiety in the gym? - Mamas Uncut

I can relate, i so want to go but i feel like im being watched all the time gives me major anxiety

2 Likes

I put in headphones and do my own thing. It helps me zone out and ignore everyone else.

6 Likes

Use headphones music tht makes u forget where u are and pretend ppl don’t exist. I have social anxiety, and a friend of mine said to me “you are not important to these people they are not looking/staring at you is all in your head” and thts why I repeat in my head and I block ppl off and I don’t make eye contact w no one :v:t3::grin:

1 Like

I have social anxiety and I just put my headphones in and do my own thing

I was like this
Everyone is there for the same reason…
To get healthy. F&ck them! Go and enjoy yourself.

4 Likes

Headphones and zone out… also, if your gym/rec center has like a private room for things like training, use it… that way you’ll have use of the workout equipment, but can be by yourself… once you get into a routine, get used to the people there, etc… then you’ll become more comfortable being at the gym…

I tell myself I’m going for me me me.

4 Likes

Find a smaller gym, preferably a family owned one where the environment is that of a positive family wanting you to succeed.

2 Likes

Start outside in your area and take a walk, build up your people tolerance, say hello, smile, put on some ear buds or something with music or a podcast you like, enjoy yourself.

T he saying goes the older u get the less u give a shit about what others think of u

Just walk in, turn your music on and start working out. Everyone at my gym has their air pods in. Nobody watches anybody. I love my gym.

1 Like

Put on some music and do your thing!

If you want to be addicted to something, stop using your emotion management skills and start substituting harmful attitudes and behaviors until it sticks. Make the substance or behavior central to your existence and be entirely reliant upon it for all your emotional support.

Strange thing to want for yourself but that’s something you’ll get to sort for yourself down the line. I hope you find what you’re looking for.

Walk in with the mentality that its your gym, and that you’re not there to have sex with anyone. Feel like you own the place.

My last salary was $ 17008 for working 22 hours a week online. My sister’s friend now has an average of 16,ooo a month and works about 2o hours a week. I couldn’t believe how easy it was when I tried.

Check This >>>> https://dazzling-chimera-iua550.netlify.app/

24 hour gym, go at 5am. Those people are into what they are doing, not what you are doing. They are there for their health, just like you. I only worry about judgement with the social crowds.

1 Like

Most members aren’t tho I used to be the same way but now since starting jujitsu and I have different trainers they will help you and help with meals talk to the ppl that work in the gym to help you til you get the hang of it

Don’t give a shit that others might be judging you because they probably aren’t.

I have massive anxiety. But I pop some gum in, throw my head phones in to loud obnoxious music and do my thing, you just have to use tunnel vision and just do you

You’re there. I’m guessing most people who notice you (many won’t because they’re focused on their own thing or whatever) will think, “Good for her for doing it.”

It also helps to have a workout buddy.

in Last month i have received $ 20140 by doing work on my mobile. I never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $ 19638 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibllity with this ls endless.

Hop Over This>> https://darling-snickerdoodle-8c65a.netlify.app/

Headphones and focus on yourself :raised_hands::raised_hands:

1 Like

Honestly, a killer play list and looking at myself in my rear view mirror saying “You can do this. You’re not leaving until you’re finished. No one is looking at you in any type of way. Just work out.” And then I’d thank myself for making the decision. Eventually, I didn’t have to do that because I found the confidence in myself as I got better with technique and form. You got this! Don’t give up on yourself.

1 Like

I used to feel the same. Honestly just put some music on and do your thang. Even if you make it there and do a quick workout, you still did it! You will get more comfortable as you go. Push yourself, you got this! Taking care of your health is nothing anyone should be judging you over. I promise no one is looking at you.

2 Likes

The best thing to do is wear something that you feel confident in, play your music and workout your hardest and BE confident. Walk in there like everyone is looking at you bcs you’re A HOT PIECE OF ASS and you don’t care. Don’t look around to look at anyone else. Look at where you’re walking bcs you know exactly where you want to go. Fake confidence and I promise you will feel like the hottest person in there. I did that and then I honestly felt like the hottest person there and no one could tell me differently :joy::joy: also, I promise you everyone else in the gym is thinking the same thing you are. Everyone is worried about what other people are thinking but in reality we aren’t looking at anyone but ourselves. We are all too focused on ourselves and what we look like that no one has the time to look at others. It’s the truth :woman_shrugging:t2: I lost all my confidence before I went back into the gym and then once I became a regular and kept walking like I knew what I was doing it became natural and real.

No one really goes to the gym to pay attention to other people. They’re usually in their own mindset. Nothing to worry about.

2 Likes

Some gyms have a smaller “ladies only” room…I like that.
Also, mental attitude: F what anyone else thinks. You’re not there for them, you’re there for YOU!

1 Like

Always earbuds/music

I do Beachbody at home and have weights. Maybe start there, then hit the gym??