How do I get the smell of cat pee out of my husbands clothes?

Do not use vinegar!!!

Get an enzyme from your pet store and wash a few times with that. It works even after you’ve already washed and dried the clothes

Blue mouth wash added to laundry works great. If on furniture mix blue mouth was and water spray till wet cover with newspaper and let dry. The newspaper will absorb the smell. I was showed this year’s ago and worked wonders for me the only thing that did work.

You can also launder clothes with 1 tsp dish soap, 1/8 c peroxide and 1/4 cup baking soda…the dish soap breaks down the urine enzymes and gets rid of the smell.

1 Like

Wash with reg detergent and urine remover

as far as the carpet goes I would call a reputable carpet cleaning place and ask them the best remedy for that. Baking soda like Arm and Hammer laundry soda should help with the clothes, might take a few washes to help and I hear vinegar is also good for that. Glad you kicked that woman out before her cats did too much damage. I have 2 wee precious fur kitty and they can get pretty stinky at times. good luck

I honestly don’t think anything works. As soon as clothes or shoes are worn. They will stink again from your bodily fluids. No joke.

1 Like

It’s going to take a while no matter what. I bought something at the vet & it smelled just as bad. I used a lot of dryer sheets.

Try poof the new stuff advertised. It says it eliminates all odors. Put it to the test. Its sold at Walmart

FOLEX…Home Depot…breaks down the enzymes of the cat per

Spray witch hazel on it before you wash works on ALL strong odors

U can have it shampooed professionally they can use a special enzyme cleaner it will help get it out. but if you don’t have a water proof carpet padding it will never come out unless u rip it all up unfortunately. For the clothes soak them in the tub in baking soda and vinegar and wash with vinegar.

Make a mixture of equal parts
Dawn dish soap,water and peroxide spray it on smelly capers etc

Make sure after u clean up the rug where they pees, take a black light and look at the area, if there is still cat pee it will glow in the light.

1 Like

Throw the clothes in the wash, add your soap and a cup of vinegar.
I’ve had to do this a few times with my kids clothes and blankets, inexpensive and it works to rid the gross smell of cat pee.

Clorox pet urine and stain remover. It works on upholstery and tile as well. It suds up if there is still urine traces. It also comes with a black light to ensure there are no urine spots left.

1 Like

We have a cat who used to pee on my kids clothes… :woman_facepalming:… anyways. Vinegar and a couple of washes on heavy took the smell away. As for your carpets, do you have a carpet cleaner? There’s specific “pet” cleaner that you can put in the tank to help with the smell until you’re ready to redo the flooring.

Wash in white vinegar then rehash in laundry detergent

Vinegar breaks down the enzymes… Just because a cleaner is used doesn’t mean they can’t smell it… also stops them from wanting to go in the same spot… if they smell it they will keep using that area

No steam cleaner is going to get deep enough to clean the carpet and padding underneath. Ripping out the carpet is free. Do that asap to get rid of the smell.  Leave it blank until you are able to afford to replace it.

There’s this stuff called odoban. You can put some in with your wash and it will get the smell out.

Burn it all and start over…

If male cAts sprayed not pee and it won’t come out, (male & female cats will spray if around the opposite sex). if gets humid it will smell worse. I would just throw it all out and buy new and send a bill. You can use different sprays & cleaners for animals but the smells never fully come out, they may lesson to where you don’t smell it no more and other animals will put there sent there in the future.

Cheap vodka even works on urine, rub it in full strength. There’s a few great products you can find on Amazon also. I use the one in orange spray bottle (not home to look at its name) and it seems to help with accidents by my 4 dogs. It works on fabric/carpets and all floors. Yes, also to baking soda and vinegar. Check Google for amounts to use.

Rip out that carpet asap!! Paint floor with Kilz primer and get rid of the smell asap!! At least paint the floor if you are able. Carpet down the road. At least the smell will be gone

4 Likes

Washing machine

Place clothes in, make a “well “ in them

Add soap to dispenser

Add 3/4 c baking soda to clothes well

Pour 1c c to clothes well

Close up, hit start

A cup of vinegar in the wash with the normal detergent and fabric softener on your sanitize cycle is you have it!

Works every time for me when my cats find a random piece of clothing on the floor :woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming:

Oh that’s awful!!! Maybe try White vinegar.

ANGRY ORANGE Pet Odor Eliminator for Strong Odor - Citrus Deodorizer for Strong Dog or Cat Pee Smells on Carpet, Furniture & Indoor Outdoor Floors - 24 Fluid Ounces - Puppy Supplies https://a.co/d/708AibX

1 Like

There’s a spray in the laundry aisle, and another in the pet aisle, specifically for pheromones in urine. Works like magic

sprinkle baking soda all over the carpet let it sit for a day or two, this will help to absorb some of the Smell, vacuum and then Use a nicely scented laundry soap To clean the carpet with.

You don’t. Cat pee is to strong you never get it out

1 Like

You need an enzyme cleaner formulated for cat urine to actually break down the urine crystals and remove them. The home remedy hacks do nothing but mask it, they do not remove it. You HAVE to get a cleaner with the proper enzymes to break down cat urine.
The only thing I have found so far that works for laundry is the oxy clean odor blaster cleaner. I’ll attach a picture. Make sure to get the liquid version….the powdered version is formulated differently.
I always wash the laundry twice. Once with just vinegar and water because vinegar does neutralize the ph.
I then put the laundry through another wash with laundry detergent and the oxy clean stuff. It has the enzymes to break down the urine crystals so that the cat pee smell doesn’t return.
There are plenty of products on the market for carpets and furniture as well. Do a google search for enzyme carpet cleaners for cat urine and find one within your budget with good reviews. When I have had to clean furniture I always did the same as with the laundry, a vinegar neutralizing step and then used the product.

Since you already washed & dried them just throw them out. It’s a lost cause. In the future use vinegar & baking soda in the washer. Soak, cold water then wash. I always washed them multiple times then rinsed with fabric softener. If you have to replace anything save receipts & sue her. Get an estimate for the carpet & include that in your small claims suit.

Washing clothes with white vinegar and your laundry detergent also helps get rid of the smell.

PS on him don’t let the cat piss on him

OdoBan it removes all
Urine odor my vet Recommended it to me 20 years ago. It works

https://www.google.com/aclk?sa=l&ai=DChcSEwic28_Yp4SAAxXYCq0GHQeaD48YABAOGgJwdg&sig=AOD64_0MCyjxWehfrxUchl-7Ao_IapJezA&ctype=5&q=&ved=2ahUKEwjCuMjYp4SAAxUVADQIHXHdARcQwg8oAHoECAUQDA&adurl=

You need an industrial enzyme cleaner. You should pretreat it for a whole day and then scrub it. I would hire a company to do it. It still may never come out, if I were you I’d rip up the carpet and pad. It probably went through to the actual wood or concrete. Cats also pee on the walls. I would just steam the walls and bare floor and clean it. Keep it wood or tile, it’s not that expensive to install plank wood or tile at least it won’t smell like cat pee, that ammonia smell can really hurt your lungs in the long run and fat pee carries alot of sickness. Cats are disgusting they’re never meant to be inside. They will pee on everything.

Get urine remover add to washer

Throw them away and buy new. IMO cat piss smell never fully goes away. Especially ifnit was a male cat

Charcoal open a bag of charcoal and let it sit in the room where the smell is and I promise after about 2 days you won’t smell it anymore idk about the clothes

Definitely soak in a tub not washer and deep clean your actual washer and dryer set. Look up fabric cleaners for cat urine specifically