How do I know if I should have more kids or not?

If you aren’t sure, then you definitely should not have anymore yet.

1 Like

I always say you never regret the babies you have… just the ones you don’t have

1 Like

Its your call but sometimes another is good so not an only child.i know people who were only child that sometimes wished had siblings and they had 2 kids or more so wasn’t only child.

1 Like

I’m 43 and have 2 that are older now. I didn’t want more then 2 and use to tell my sister she was crazy for having 7 however I now wished I’d had more and if it came about I would because kids bring so much love and joy into your life. I have a 5 sister and lots of nieces and nephews and kids make life so much better.

1 Like

My biggest thing was not wanting to take time away from the kids I already have. I have 3 babies and it’s hard to juggle one on one. That’s when I decided I couldnt have anymore kids.

1 Like

It aint for the weak!:rofl::rofl::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

I was 29 when I had my third. It was a rough pregnancy so I pretty much had my mind made up before he was born. Plus, I didnt want to be in my 30s having babies. And I’m glad I didn’t because I now have three teenagers. 13, 16 & 19…and I’m only 42 :grin:

Wait until you really feel like you want another one. It’s hard to have two and I lucked out that my second is mostly just a happy baby, but if you’re still wondering if you should even have #2 then it’s not the right time. Only bring a child into a family that is excited to have them :heart:

If you can have more not fair to your child they need a sibling it’s a bond like no other always have each other said this to my daughter in law so she had another one so in love and her son is over the moon with her​:sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

I’m an only child and wish I had siblings because it was very lonely growing up. So I made sure I gave my eldest daughter siblings so they had eachother throughout life and one day when I’m no longer here anymore I didn’t want her to have to go through that alone. But entirely up to you these are just my reasons

1 Like

I think a big factor is taking finances into consideration especially with how things are going right now. Do you have the space? We are thinking of stopping at two as of now due to what housing we can afford at the moment. It will all work out in the end no matter what you choose to do :heart:

From 15yrs of age I was told I couldn’t have children. So when I fell pregnant and had my son when I was 34 after years of heartache I decided that I didn’t want anymore. I have been blessed with my miracle rainbow baby now it was someone else’s time to have theirs.

1 Like

We have a 9yo daughter and I am only now pregnant with our second. For a while it just seemed normal and right with just the one, like that was our life, but then feelings started coming in for another one, times we didn’t agree and then hubby said deep down he always wanted a second but I think having 1 for so long a second was a little scary. We finished building our house and wanted to wait until 2021 to let things happen and they did a lot sooner than we thought! We are due in December and are all thrilled!
If anything the age gap will be great, daughter will be at school so I get the bonding time with my son, no crying young kids setting each other off, fighting between them, my daughter will want to help wherever she can and I won’t feel so flustered having 2 young ones

1 Like

Kids are expensive. I have three, plus a bonus daughter and decided that I couldn’t afford another. Lol

1 Like

Either way, you will know. After I had my first, i knew for sure I wanted another!

1 Like

I always wanted 2 kids i grew up as an only child with now sibling to grow up with…it was lonely and i knew I wanted 2 kids so they would have each other as they grew up…its up to u

Used to want two when my son was small. I guess someone knew better than I and it just never happened. My adult son has ASD and hes just my best bud. So I think it was meant to be. Ironically I got pregnant with him really easy.

1 Like

I couldn’t imagine going back to 1 kid. I have 3 boys and they love playing together. 6,5,1.

I have two and I don’t plan to have more, the reason is because I don’t want to, I don’t need anyone’s approval to decide about my life and what I want.

1 Like

I can’t afford anymore :joy:

I have 2 kids and I want to do fun things with them! We just bought a RV. I want to travel every summer. I don’t want to live paycheck to paycheck.

1 Like

Look at your bank account.

1 Like

I have one son and wanted him to have a sibling. My boyfriend and I decided to have a baby, we lost our baby because of ectopic pregnancy so we tried again, we had our rainbow baby girl. And my boyfriend didn’t want any more kids and says don’t you think we are to old to have more, I had my tubes removed. He will be 52 and I just turn 43.

My mental state was the deciding factor, ive always wanted a big family 4-5 kids but I recently got pregnant with #3 and have decided this will be our last, I love my kids to death but being a mother is hard and for my sake and our family 3 is just enough for us!.:heart:

3 Likes

With me it was something I just knew. I was 31 & 32 when my kids were born so my age did factor in some as well. I’ll be 50 when my youngest turns 18.

I always loved having siblings growing up so I knew that if I ever had kids I wanted two or three and now that I have 3 I can tell you that I absolutely love how the play together and support each other… I didn’t have more cause I always felt that 4 was already more than I can handle so 3 ended up being the magic number for us

We tried for a long time to have a baby, and finally did a round of ivf to conceive our son. Pregnancy was great, I loved it; birth, not as bad as id feared, I could totally do it again. Postpartum depression, kicked my ass back and forth so hard that I feared I wasn’t going to be alive to see that sons first birthday. The thought of doing that part again is absolutely terrifying. That’s how I know I’m done.

Honestly… For us it’s money. I could not afford more than two.

1 Like

I have 2 (10&12) and now im thinking about having another one. Im 38, just feels right. I always wanted 4 but after the 2nd decided no more. My mind has changed.

3 Likes

I knew I wanted a big family…I come from a big family (blended) 5 brothers and 3 sisters. I knew I was done when I experienced my miscarriage with #6. I never EVER wanted to endure that pain again… Physically and mentally :disappointed_relieved:

2 Likes

I have 6, plus 2 bonus kids, plus 3 that I am raising- so 11 for me lol. I’ve always wanted a big family, and I love it. Ages 14, 13, 12, 9, 8, 5, 5, 3, 19 months, 19 months (twins) and I’m due with a boy in a couple weeks <3

3 Likes

I herd something and absolutely loved it but it ain’t for everyone “you will never regret having another kid, but you could regret not having another.”

10 Likes

Im an only child and I always wanted a sibling, it was lonely at times, when your friends went home there’s no one to play with or talk to, or just someone you can depend on to always be there otherthan your mom or dad

4 Likes

One and done. I don’t have the patience. Plus i don’t wanna be that mom who is so eager to get the kids out of the house because i can’t handle em all. I’m perfectly content with my one child and i just know i would be pulling my hair out if i had another.

1 Like

My 5yr old son has been an only child up til now but is now becoming a big brother in December. However, the baby that is due in December is my last because I don’t think I’ll cope with anymore than 2 children

I wanted a boy, since at the time, the last boy born in my family was my brother…24 years ago. 3 girls later, and nope! No more! But I love my girls tremendously. They keep me on my toes.

One and done for me, my reason is my pregnancy was really hard on my body, bone pain, I’m also short 4’10, so I put more strain on my bones then I needed too.

For me I didn’t want my 1st child to live in the world alone once I left it behind…money comes and goes, but sibling love is the best :heart:

6 Likes

I am an only child that only ever saw myself having one, but now that I’m older and with an aging mother, knowing this is an inevitable fact of life, I decided I wanted my only to have someone else they can share the burden and heartache with.

2 Likes

I had my tubes tied I still get baby fever now and then but with the way the world is going god knows I’m scary for the children I have :disappointed: honestly really happy I did it though recovering was easy the mental parent was a little fought to start knowing I wouldn’t have little tiny babies anymore but that just means for time money and energy from myself for my children who I already have it really a personal choice my sister in law had gotten her tubes tied she just had it revered and now has two more babies :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Only you and your husband can decide what is best for your family. Blessings to all of us no matter what you decide.

3 Likes

I only wanted one until i saw my son playing by himself and talking with his toys, and talking about spider man is my best friend. I had my daughter and i think im done. Lol

1 Like

My husband and I have 2 children!! As much as I’d like to try for another, it would be irresponsible and selfish of us considering my mental health has went down the drain (PPD, anxiety and hyper sensitivity to noises due to my ADHD)
Trying to better myself for our children we already have is my MAIN priority.

if u are questioning it at all and don’t know; u want more.:wink:
i always wanted more kids but its just not in the cards for me. :frowning:
money can be a big factor, but if u wait to have money to have kids, ull never have kids. u figure it out and find a way. life changes.
ive never met someone who said they wished they didn’t have [insert number] kids.
i have heard often, people say they wished they had more kids.

1 Like

My youngest is 12 and I’m still not firmly decided whether I’ll ever have more.

I guess just determine whether the factors that are important to you are favorable enough to try it again. Finances, health, motivation, etc

I have two back to back (13.5 months apart) and I knew when my youngest was born I didn’t want more kids. My youngest is almost 6 now and I have no desire for another baby, my heart is full and content.

I have a set of twin boys. I just remind myself how exhausted I am and how hard I work as a single parent for my kids. Not because I have to, but I love my kids. I want them to be my only littles and give them anything they want!

If you have to have such a battle, then no. You don’t want more.

1 Like

Have one more. Am only child don’t learn to share well alone.

Have one more but not to far apart. Your only child deserves someone else to live in this world with them.

1 Like

Do you have the time and money for more.

If your first kid is easy, your second will be nutso. I don’t make the rules, that’s just how it is, -from a second child, who has a second child

If you have to ask this don’t do anything permanent because nobody knows what they want in 4-5 years I know people who have gone the permanent route and regretted it

I got my tubes cut after my second, im 25 but i know these two are the only i can handle. And besides i dont wanna be 50 and still taking my kids to school

The world we live in is a wreck. I wouldn’t.

1 Like

When i was debating if we wanted another one (we already had two) I was told if you are debating having more then in your heart you want more. You will never regret having your child, but you may regret not if you miss your opportunity. If you have the means to support another child and your thinking you might want another i say do it. Now that our 3rd is 9 months I can’t even imagine him not being a part of our family. I’m so glad I followed my heart and had another.

3 Likes

If you can do it emotionally and financially then go for it

Pregnancy was HARD on my body. I don’t want to go through it again.

I have one child (now 24) and I regret it. She hated being an only child too!

Know many single children who were lonely growing up. Know under visuals who should be single children Married, single, support, Just make sure there is enough love to go around

Miscarriage and allot of pain during the time of month

Indecision is a decision…

If you can handle the responsibility financially and mentally I say go for it. Coming from an only child, my childhood was lonely because I never had anyone to play with

With us it was finances that decided whether or not to have more children.
Could we comfortably afford to provide for them, put them through school and save for our retirement.