How do I push this further?

New attorney and please believe her. Keep the accused away from her at all costs. CPS will probably fail you, the courts may fail you but your belief in her will determine her life course.

5 Likes

counseling. if its true they have a legal obligation to report it

They usually hold something over them ,like Iā€™ll hurt a member of family or someone you care about Plus put your credibility to believe you at risk, donā€™t believe them go to police any way.

This is too common. Iā€™m so sorry your going through this. Get a lawyer a good support group and keep her in therapy.

Maybe some sort of hidden camera? Like one of those inconspicuous-looking ones that creeps from air b&bā€™s get busted trying to use.

The ones that look like everyday itemsā€¦cell phone chargers, alarm clocks, etc. :man_shrugging:

Iā€™m sorry thereā€™s even a possibility that it happened to herā€¦and that it happens at all. Smdh. Wish yā€™all all the best and better help than youā€™re currently getting.

All Iā€™m saying is it took 14 years for my ā€œfatherā€ to be arrested. Believe your daughter no matter what a cop or cps says. Stick to your momma gut.

Update: my daughter is 3 yrs old. Not old enough to testify. She tells me where he touches her, how he touches her and it happens when he wakes her up.
Her dad and I have been divorced a year and initially I thought it was his gf.
Iā€™m getting her into therapy but most wonā€™t take a child under 4.
I lost in court. He has visitation. Cps interviewed both families. I could never get ahold of them and they honestly did nothing to help. Her exam came back negative and she didnā€™t want to talk to the lady at the child advocacy center
They told me from the beginning they werenā€™t expecting anything to come back. They said predators donā€™t physically harm children so young. Theyā€™re afraid to scare them. At this point itā€™s grooming and molestation

The advice given to me was to write everything down and to wait until he ducks up or my daughter is old enough to testify.